THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

27AF620B-F15F-44E9-B84A-B0555CE96547.png
Tempting...

These get dirty easily. Hard to clean too. Since the fly knit is like plastic. Anyone had any success getting out marks from the upper?

I would assume just take out the midsole and watch them in a bag.

They won’t be crisp white but they will probably become washed white sock colored but that may be ok since they are see through on the top anyways.

I would assume just take out the midsole and watch them in a bag.

They won’t be crisp white but they will probably become washed white sock colored but that may be ok since they are see through on the top anyways.

Ill have to try it out after a few more wears. Few nubs have come off on my pair, second 3 hr session.

Off-topic but was wondering, can you still ball in old shoes, have a pair of Kobe 4s that still have grip, will they fall apart easily after a game for being so old or are they still good to go? Probably gonna use em to shoot around or at least try em out for a game if they still got the juice. :lol:

^^^ mine came unglued last year. All around the forefoot and the heel cup. I glued back but I’m not about to play a real game in them.

Off-topic but was wondering, can you still ball in old shoes, have a pair of Kobe 4s that still have grip, will they fall apart easily after a game for being so old or are they still good to go? Probably gonna use em to shoot around or at least try em out for a game if they still got the juice. :lol:

Sadly...

In the beginning of this year, I parted with many of my Kobes prior to the 8s knowing that the very earliest Nikes have ever started to break down on me is 6-7 years. Unlikely, that early, but I didn't want to chance it while they had good resale value. For me though, 10ish yrs has been when it really gets dicey.

I still shudder when I think of the OG AM95s I had that turned to oreo cookie crumbs.

Last edited:
Yeah I knew that would be the case, just wanted to see how'd they fair as an occasional game or 2 per month, had that nostalgic feeling when I first saw them again tbh.

I forgot I had a pair of Kobe V's I never wore and I threw them on to shoot around like a month ago. They were fine but I ran a game after and it came unglued in a couple of places. I haven't tried glueing it back though but I don't imagine you can run a serious game in them. Especially not if you're a herky-jerky type player that stops on a dime a lot, etc.

The rest of my actual rotation of V's and VI's are just about on their last legs though. Pretty much gonna have to retire them soon. I'm honestly a bit surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Played in the 360's for the first time last night and was pretty disappointed in the cushioning, felt really dead to me - completely different to my other experiences to React so far, so not sure if I got a dud pair.

Will give them a few more runs, but if they don't really break in then I'll probably return em.

Back
Top Bottom