THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

When I first saw the 360 (when DeRozan first wore them) I was enthusiastic about them. Since then it's definitely waned. The release colorway was great, but since then it's been disappointing.

I think the 8s, 9s and 11s spoiled us. I know all Kobe silhouettes in general look the same, but those 3 were quintessential 'Kobe' lows. Great colorways. The weave patterns (not the 8 as it was EM) were solid (remember how pi$$ed people were then the multicolor 10 released and the weave was only half the sneaker). They went with classic themes (Grinch, Bruce Lee, etc). And both the EM and Elite versions were pretty solid, and gave people two price points to choose from.

And the most important thing about the 3 models; they were easily worn casually like Js. I still see people all the time in my area wearing 8s, 9s, and 11s. Just last week a saw multiple people wearing 8s and 11s on the boardwalk. The ADs/360s/whatever, not so much.

Last edited:
The court you play on must be terrible. The traction on these is ridiculous on any decent court I’ve played on. Literally have never even had to wipe them off.

Court was not terrible lol. It was a league game, not la fitness or 24 hour fitness pickup floors. Plus everyone steps on the sticky mat when they check in to sub.

I changed to the Kobe IX/9 and the grip was night and day. I'm telling you other people were wearing all types of brands and they were still getting court squeak effortlessly. Most people wearing kyries, kobe xi, and jordan 31 that were nike and they had crazy traction grip, shoot even people who were wearing like adidas shoes like hardens or the crazy byw whatever they're called were getting mad squeak on every step.

Like I said, possibly on the cleanest of courts, just sealed and polished, possibly they'd hold their own, but c'mon g, we need to set the standard higher in terms of functionality and performance.

And the most important thing about the 3 models; they were easily worn casually like Js. I still see people all the time in my area wearing 8s, 9s, and 11s. Just last week a saw multiple people wearing 8s and 11s on the boardwalk. The ADs/360s/whatever, not so much.

Yup. 8, 9, and 11s were the truth. 10s were sorry just like the ad NXT 360, same type of knub traction pattern smh...

Wearing the 9s now as I type this:

2gxlguc.jpg

Have you tried the previous NXT model?

Yes, I have tried the previous AD NXT model and I liked them a lot. I wore them for an entire season. I had the wolf grey ones, they performed exactly like the KOBE XI/11 which I liked. Traction wasn't top notch, but it was good. More than I can say about the NXT 360. I mean the idea was great, shoe was pretty innovative, cushion was there, but traction was terrible...

***Currently stocking up on Kobe 9s (EM and flyknit lows) and 11s (EM). Y'all can have these trash nxt 360s, if you buying them to rock casually it's a good look, but on the court? You have better options out there. If you think these nxt 360 is the best performing shoes out now, you playing yourself lol.

I don't dislike the 360s. I don't ball anymore, but did for decades, and can tell these are likely fantastic on court. That said, I haven't looked forward to any release post 11s except for the 360 Mamba Day. Based on the # of comments on here, and how all the ADs have sold at retail (full price) in my area, I don't think I'm alone.

The releases I have been excited about have been the Protros. With exception of the Final Seconds, those have moved fast in my area w/o any disco needed. The Final Seconds did see a slight disco in one store I saw (didn't follow up to see if the discount got them to s/o).

Yes, I have tried the previous AD NXT model and I liked them a lot. I wore them for an entire season. I had the wolf grey ones, they performed exactly like the KOBE XI/11 which I liked. Traction wasn't top notch, but it was good. More than I can say about the NXT 360. I mean the idea was great, shoe was pretty innovative, cushion was there, but traction was terrible...

***Currently stocking up on Kobe 9s (EM and flyknit lows) and 11s (EM). Y'all can have these trash nxt 360s, if you buying them to rock casually it's a good look, but on the court? You have better options out there. If you think these nxt 360 is the best performing shoes out now, you playing yourself lol.

I've been going back recently and grabbing 9 EMs I passed on when I was a flyknit snob.

I don't dislike the NXT 360 lol...

If u like em, you like em. If u rock casually, do you.

They perform great. They're light, have mad cushion, combination drop in misole is innovative, 360 Flyknit is dope, BUT traction? G T F O H lol.

Someone post a video of the shoes grip squeaking effortlessly with the NXT 360s, I'll wait lol

Court was not terrible lol. It was a league game, not la fitness or 24 hour fitness pickup floors. Plus everyone steps on the sticky mat when they check in to sub.

I changed to the Kobe IX/9 and the grip was night and day. I'm telling you other people were wearing all types of brands and they were still getting court squeak effortlessly. Most people wearing kyries, kobe xi, and jordan 31 that were nike and they had crazy traction grip, shoot even people who were wearing like adidas shoes like hardens or the crazy byw whatever they're called were getting mad squeak on every step.

Like I said, possibly on the cleanest of courts, just sealed and polished, possibly they'd hold their own, but c'mon g, we need to set the standard higher in terms of functionality and performance.

Weird. Initially I didn't have squeaky traction with the 360s, but still functional traction. No wipes first few times I played in them. Then a few wipes the next few times. Then most recently I've started to get squeaky traction. All on the same courts. Maybe it has to be broken in first before you get the nice squeaky traction?

The squeaks dont matter. The kobe 10 had good traction and they didnt squeak at all. Nxt 360 has great traction as well.

When I first saw the 360 (when DeRozan first wore them) I was enthusiastic about them. Since then it's definitely waned. The release colorway was great, but since then it's been disappointing.

I think the 8s, 9s and 11s spoiled us. I know all Kobe silhouettes in general look the same, but those 3 were quintessential 'Kobe' lows. Great colorways. The weave patterns (not the 8 as it was EM) were solid (remember how pi$$ed people were then the multicolor 10 released and the weave was only half the sneaker). They went with classic themes (Grinch, Bruce Lee, etc). And both the EM and Elite versions were pretty solid, and gave people two price points to choose from.

Man I miss the 8's... favorite Kobe of all time. The amazing colorways that model had compared to the bland uninspired colorways this one has..

Quick note. I always loved my NXTs but had a little pinching around the pinky area TTS. The 'shroud' has a number of straps that run across to keep your foot locked in. I removed (cut out) the strip closest to the pinky, right around the lace anchor. Night and day difference for me. The stretchy upper (beneath the shroud) has more than enough lockdown support for me and the pinching and pinky pressure is completely gone.

Just a thought for anyone experiencing similar issues.

Quick note. I always loved my NXTs but had a little pinching around the pinky area TTS. The 'shroud' has a number of straps that run across to keep your foot locked in. I removed (cut out) the strip closest to the pinky, right around the lace anchor. Night and day difference for me. The stretchy upper (beneath the shroud) has more than enough lockdown support for me and the pinching and pinky pressure is completely gone.

Just a thought for anyone experiencing similar issues.

You have wide feet?

Everyone one has a different experience with any performance sneaker in their rotation and if you play at high level of course you'll care about what you put on your feet.

But if you know it doesn't work for you their is whole line up from Nike and other brands that you can get. Kobe's are great but thier are other options in the kobe lineup as well as what Nike puts out in the market.

Damn, I was hoping to find new Kobes to ball in after going KD and Lebrons the past couple of years. KD sizing are all over the place. Lebrons soldier 15's were surprisingly good but there isn't much flexibility up top. Lebron 15's are good but it feels like I'm playing on platforms.

Dude idk what’s wrong with your pair. What colorway do you have?

Just saying what I experienced. My Kobe 10s don't squeak but have excellent traction.
My pg2s don’t squeak either and have great traction. I like the traction on these. Guess the squeaking thing might just be a preference to some but I don’t care for when these shoe reviewers give a shoe a bad rating just because it doesn’t squeak.

My pg2s don’t squeak either and have great traction. I like the traction on these. Guess the squeaking thing might just be a preference to some but I don’t care for when these shoe reviewers give a shoe a bad rating just because it doesn’t squeak.

Exactly why I never pay attention to any online reviews/videos!

Does anyone know if we are getting the next Kobe Ad model in August? The reason I’m asking is because the AD Mid released August 24th 2017.

You have wide feet?

Nah. I've got a pretty decent collection of Kobe XIs and they're all TTS and fit perfectly. I did first try sizing up a half on the NXT due to suggestions online but it was too big.

This little modification really made all the difference for me. I'd been waffling on whether or not to do it but decided fuggit since I'm not gonna try and unload it. No regrets at all. The original NXT is kind of an enigma, not many rocked them on court, you dont see people rocking them casually or anything. But that was the one thing that kept them out of my regular rotation; the pinky pinch. Now it's gone and I don't feel like I've lose any support at all.

YMMV, but I had to try it and it worked great.

D33AA694-4A67-4882-A529-9405B29187A8.jpeg
D71A91D4-2FA8-446B-AA67-561D527FA7E8.jpeg
D19C3A01-D449-4CB4-BDBB-B5C20AA9B6B1.jpeg
D33AA694-4A67-4882-A529-9405B29187A8.jpeg
I've been going back recently and grabbing 9 EMs I passed on when I was a flyknit snob.

I’ve been stocking 9 ems and 11s myself. If y’all stock 11s, be careful. I broke these out not too long ago, wore em maybe 6-8 times indoor. It ripped on both sides of both Shoes lol

Attachments

• B69FBA6B-AB1E-4665-B949-6BBDB453ECD5.jpeg
    B69FBA6B-AB1E-4665-B949-6BBDB453ECD5.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom