THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

20180727002644_original.jpg

They look like they are women's, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the laker colorway. These white / gray pair ain't my style.

With that being said there’s still no way in hell these should be $200. And I already bought one pair and am planning on buying another. But these really should have been $160 at the very most. They’re killing sales with the $200 price tag.

There’s a reason the PG’s and Kyries are the most worn shoes I see in any basketball gym in the country.
And what's the reason why you see that? I see more Kobes and it's not even a close comparison. It all depends on the body-type/playing style.

And what's the reason why you see that? I see more Kobes and it's not even a close comparison. It all depends on the body-type/playing style.

Price on the newer models

I still see more Kobe’s than anything but I’m pretty sure I’ve yet to see a single person rocking the 360’s besides myself in any gym I’ve been in across the country.

4BBB54D7-92A2-4A2D-BE10-A5F10EE167F6.jpeg 17F5FEE5-8E75-4211-936E-76AD8DED6866.jpeg Did y’all not buy any kobe 11s? About the same price point as the 360s...

Just give me Nike ID already! Why did Nike drop such similar CWs back to back?

Nike designer saw a thing of tooth paste and said what the hell... straight “tooth paste kobe ad NXT 360s” lol

Last edited:
17F5FEE5-8E75-4211-936E-76AD8DED6866.jpeg
Did y’all not buy any kobe 11s? About the same price point as the 360s...

Nike designer saw a thing of tooth paste and said what the hell... straight “tooth paste kobe ad NXT 360s” lol

Lol. So we have Aim toothpaste and Similac formula.

17F5FEE5-8E75-4211-936E-76AD8DED6866.jpeg
Did y’all not buy any kobe 11s? About the same price point as the 360s...

Damnnnn these are flames. I love the blue outsole.

Yup. I get why they cost what they do as well. Purchased plenty of 9s-11s for $200+. Thing is that some consumers get used to buying at a certain price point. I worked sneaker retail for quite some time, and have friends who still do. 360s are moving like cinder blocks at their location, and reason is people got used to paying $120ish for Nike signatures last couple yrs.

Good thing is, there should be plenty of supply to go to markdown/outlets.

$110-$130 for signature kicks they’ll sell like hot cakes. I love the PG2 and the price point I buy couple pairs. Same when the Kobe V came out. Now just one and done on $200 kicks or when they hit clearance go ham if I like the colorways. Can’t wait for Protro Kobe IV, V, VI even with a price bump as we know they are great sneakers.

I copped the first 360 (black). As for the rest, unless there is some special release like an HTM, or these hit iD, any other will be below $150 disco.

$110-$130 for signature kicks they’ll sell like hot cakes. I love the PG2 and the price point I buy couple pairs. Same when the Kobe V came out. Now just one and done on $200 kicks or when they hit clearance go ham if I like the colorways. Can’t wait for Protro Kobe IV, V, VI even with a price bump as we know they are great sneakers.
Exactly. 120 is where it’s at. Nike needs to wise up. Knit uppers are also as durable as paper bags. These shoes are disposable. Not 200 bucks worth

I think they set the price at 200 to gain an extra 40 bucks. Then when it goes 'on sale' to $160, the second round of people buy it, at the price they were gonna set anyways. I think most people that hoop in Kobes don't want to buy any other shoe so, they're not going away, they just gotta wait a little for the price to dip

Having worked sneaker retail... People who have tons of $ won't buy these at $200. They know it's like throwing $50 down a sewer. The people who can least afford $200 are sometimes the ones who spend the $200. The opposite of what many think, but that's usually the way it plays out.

I'm done with the Kobe AD NXT 360 lol. Such terrible execution. I ended up selling my pair that I wore for 3 league basketball games for $140 on offer up lol. Still came out on top and didn't lose any money due to the eBay "connection."

I couldn't wear these for league games anymore. The traction pattern is terrible. WTF were they thinking with knubs? The traction knubs were literally ripping off after a few games. That's unacceptable, especially for $200 shoe that's supposed to be the latest in innovation. Like why can't they just put the traction pattern of the Kobe IX/9 on the bottom? Or at least another traction pattern that has been tried and proven? To be honest these bottoms look like turf shoes, similar to the Nike Air Zoom Turf Barry Sanders old sigs. All they had were knubs on the bottom for traction.

The last straw was when I'm constantly wiping my shoes and stepping on the sticky mat to gain minimum traction for spurts of time and other fools in all different types of sneakers and brands were squeeking traction on every step without effort. Such a damn shame.

I'm done with the Kobe AD NXT 360 lol. Such terrible execution. I ended up selling my pair that I wore for 3 league basketball games for $140 on offer up lol. Still came out on top and didn't lose any money due to the eBay "connection."

I couldn't wear these for league games anymore. The traction pattern is terrible. WTF were they thinking with knubs? The traction knubs were literally ripping off after a few games. That's unacceptable, especially for $200 shoe that's supposed to be the latest in innovation. Like why can't they just put the traction pattern of the Kobe IX/9 on the bottom? Or at least another traction pattern that has been tried and proven? To be honest these bottoms look like turf shoes, similar to the Nike Air Zoom Turf Barry Sanders old sigs. All they had were knubs on the bottom for traction.

The last straw was when I'm constantly wiping my shoes and stepping on the sticky mat to gain minimum traction for spurts of time and other fools in all different types of sneakers and brands were squeeking traction on every step without effort. Such a damn shame.

The court you play on must be terrible. The traction on these is ridiculous on any decent court I’ve played on. Literally have never even had to wipe them off.

Back
Top Bottom