THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

BDFB8849-CA0B-4218-95B5-835B5F5D2AE2.jpeg

Something about this angle makes them a %go for me.
Screenshot_20180812-205629_Instagram~01.jpg

The fact that That Dude is rocking them casually helps too.

Dammit. These pictures are gonna make me buy them.

This CW will sell out quickly. Harkens back to Chaos and Dark Knight 5s

Well ****. Same thing I thought immediately. There are some details, mostly colors (what's with the gold on the heel?), on this pair that I would change. And I agree with people saying the Kobe line has gotten confusing. That's mostly because of the lack of marketing and messaging, but it remains true. Like someone said, if KB were playing this coming season, what the hell shoe would he even wear most nights? I assume the 360s but still. Are we on the Kobe 13, 14, 15 or 16? Or even 17 now? Hell if I know anymore.

That said, and while I get some of the dislike some people have expressed for this one, I'm digging it. A chaos colorway will make this a definite buy for me immediately. This shoe is a bit whacky, it's maybe a bit ugly ... but I love it for that reason. Hell, when the actual chaos V dropped, I bought my first pair almost as a goof because I thought they were so ugly in pics, they somehow were attractive to me LOL. Turned out they were just straight sick, but at the time they were a bit out there. I feel the same with these. Loving that toe, and loving even more the fact that this just isn't yet another variation of a low-top, some-sort-of-knit Kobe. At least these are different while retaining what feels to me like some genuine Nike Kobe characteristics.

My first reaction was that they were trash. After a day or so, not so much. They look like they lend themselves to casual wear well. They also look like they would lend themselves well to iD. If the 360s were going to be on iD, I think they would have been there by now. It's likely these that will replace the old ADs on iD.

Because they're kinda out there design wise, I think they take a while getting used to. That 'patch-work', 'production mock-up', 'off-white' (or whatever you want to call it) look is what is out there right now. Those are just following that trend. When in Rome...

Last edited:
I weigh 170 and my game is primarily based on quick cuts/explosiveness and I have had zeroooo problems with the insole or the shoe in general.

i prob just got a faulty one. the nubs are way too fragile tho, thats for all of em

Would the break in periods varry depending on the pair of AD mids?
For the most part, no. I've played in 8 colorways and they all seemed to break in pretty quickly. I am a bigger player so that could be why I felt the cushion so fast. My favorite performer has to be the BM colorway.

They look interesting but will wait on specs (full zoom or at least heel and forefoot). If there is a mention of lunarlon, react or whatever foam nonsense they use in this line, I am going to continue to do what Kobe should have done that time he had 5 Sacramento Kings guarding him - pass

Nah chill...I’m hoping these have Lunar insoles like the 360’s and 11 EM’s. At $140 they probably just have some basic *** insoles though.

My bet is it will be the same sort of cushioning set up as the last two regular ADs, zoom in the heel but with React replacing Lunarlon.

Back
Top Bottom