THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

5D53DAE1-DC85-4E36-8E6B-32CA9B29C4A3.jpeg

Posted this day of his last game but this was my collection-sans 5 rings last year. All balled and broken in, all og’s. Forgot to include my OT 1’s as well. Miss you Bean.
the ace 4 homes are my Crown Jewels

Is Nike allowed to keep creating new PE colourways of Kobes even after the contract has expired? Or were these new ones that keep popping made before the contract ended?

Posted this day of his last game but this was my collection-sans 5 rings last year. All balled and broken in, all og’s. Forgot to include my OT 1’s as well. Miss you Bean.

this pic is incredible! The lack of Kobe 8 is shocking lol (I love em) but I agree I miss Kobe man

I like that your Kobes have hoop miles on them. With the exception of my iD V's & VI's (at least not right away) all my Kobes were bought strictly for ball & are since long gone now.

My collection from 10+ years ago.
Kobe V iD 1.jpg
528d2ff3.jpg
2011-04-29 08.32.11.jpg
2011-11-09_14-21-37_51.jpg
2011-04-10090131.jpg
2011-01-09222143.jpg
2011-02-14064750.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-211816_YouTube-picsay.jpg

Forgot these.
imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg
imagejpeg952_4.jpg

With Devin Booker’s rise in popularity, he either gets his own signature sneaker over at nike. Or Nike drops the ball like they did with the Kobe situation… and Devin Booker becomes the first athlete under the new Kobe Brand.
In a perfect world, The Bryant estate and Nike would have come to an agreement and they could’ve had players like booker, derozan and Tatum carry the line on court in the NBA i.e westbrook, luka, Zion for Jordan brand. Maybe get Sabrina to be the face for Kobes in the WNBA. Just a hypothetical. Smh.
This actually makes a ton of sense. I would love to see Book be a Kobe athlete. I don’t know if he could get his own sig, but if PG has one, then it’s possible.

Is Nike allowed to keep creating new PE colourways of Kobes even after the contract has expired? Or were these new ones that keep popping made before the contract ended?

Yeah man, they own the sneaker design and technology - they just remove all Kobe logos and references. They've been doing this for decades with several of their signature shoes.

Those PEs were likely produced many months ago. If the stuff on the internet is to be believed, it said that Nike can continue to sell any Kobe’s that were produced before the contract ended. The PEs were likely produced just before the contract ended, hence, they are still receiving and wearing them. Now, if they are wearing shoes that were produced now, next year, then something is different than what was said on the internet.

Those PEs were likely produced many months ago. If the stuff on the internet is to be believed, it said that Nike can continue to sell any Kobe’s that were produced before the contract ended. The PEs were likely produced just before the contract ended, hence, they are still receiving and wearing them. Now, if they are wearing shoes that were produced now, next year, then something is different than what was said on the internet.

I guess the only way to be certain is to see the contract, which will never happen haha

Back
Top Bottom