THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I don’t think anybody other than Nike & Vanessa really know what actually happened. The bottom line is that I’m sure both wanted it to continue in some capacity, they just couldn’t agree on the value of it.

Vanessa has been fully transparent on why the deal fell through on her Instagram page. This is on Nike for not doing the right thing starting with the Mambacitas should never have been produced because Vanessa never agreed to it. She had strict demands on what the shoes represented and where the money would go. Nike still produced the shoes without her consent. Technically, the shoes should be destroyed since they can't come to an agreement. Of course, more pairs will still magically appear on the resale market before they are destroyed.

Vanessa has been fully transparent on why the deal fell through on her Instagram page. This is on Nike for not doing the right thing starting with the Mambacitas should never have been produced because Vanessa never agreed to it. She had strict demands on what the shoes represented and where the money would go. Nike still produced the shoes without her consent. Technically, the shoes should be destroyed since they can't come to an agreement. Of course, more pairs will still magically appear on the resale market before they are destroyed.

so what’s her version of it? She wanted them to make more shoes and Nike is like, it’s ok… we’re just going to end our contract and not make some easy money?

so what’s her version of it? She wanted them to make more shoes and Nike is like, it’s ok… we’re just going to end our contract and not make some easy money?

Kobe's estate is worth $600M and Vanessa has full control of it. You really think she would lie? You really think Nike pays that well and it's really over money? Common sense goes a long way. And she criticized Nike for limited Kobes to which Nike never addressed. She wanted more fans to have his shoes instead of these low-life resellers.

mourning-nod.gif

Reactions: kno

I also can't see Nike burning these. It would be a relatively small loss for them but they won't do it. They think of a way to make even a cent back on the dollar. One way I guess would be to "destroy" them by leaving them somewhere, and then someone coincidentally finds them and sells them, with some form of benefits given back to Nike.

Kobe's estate is worth $600M and Vanessa has full control of it. You really think she would lie? You really think Nike pays that well and it's really over money? Common sense goes a long way. And she criticized Nike for limited Kobes to which Nike never addressed. She wanted more fans to have his shoes instead of these low-life resellers.
Now that I think about it, Nike was super quick to come out with a statement once the news broke about the Herbert family's shady reselling kid. They should've issued a statement immediately as soon as the Mambacita cw mishap happened. Or really anything regarding the terms on trying to renew the Kobe deal

What income sources do the Bryant’s still have? Body Armour and his writing company and something else? I am not sure how good things will pan out in the future, since Kobe is not the executive anymore and his ideas and drive can not be replaced easily.

What income sources do the Bryant’s still have? Body Armour and his writing company and something else? I am not sure how good things will pan out in the future, since Kobe is not the executive anymore and his ideas and drive can not be replaced easily.
Kobe's NBA pension
Merchandise royalties
Don't forget he's loved all around the world so there will always be revenue from anything his name is attached to

I’m sure the family will be fine financially. Kobe made a ton in his 20 years in the NBA. Plus I’m sure they get a cut from the Mitchell and Ness jerseys with his name on it

I like how everyone is on a first name basis with Kobe's widow.

"Mrs. Bryant"

Yeah that’s weird but calling her Mrs. Bryant sounds weird too.

True true. We are all on a first name basis with Kobe too and that's just a given. Fully understandable since he obviously impacted each and every one of us in one way or another. I'm sure many of you will agree, with Kobe, it somehow feels like you knew him personally.

Just imagine, even out of respect, referring to the Mamba as "Mr. Bryant". Now that would be super wierd.

I like how everyone is on a first name basis with Kobe's widow.

"Mrs. Bryant"

Sure. Vanessa has over 15M followers on Instagram. It was the only way to get a glimpse of Kobe and his family because he never really posted about it or talked about it. Not to mention, how open she is, all the charity work she does...... She's a public figure, so yes Vanessa is fine. WIth that logic, 'everyone' should called Kobe, Mr. Bryant.

Kobe was very business minded. He had Magic and MJ as his mentors. He won an Oscar for Dear Basketball, has a production company that continues to work on projects, multiple sports academies and they expanded, trademark on his branding, and other revenue streams including a VC along with his partners that holds over $2B in assets including Epic Games, Dell, Alibaba, Klarna......, so Vanessa and her family are financially secure for life. She doesn't have to do anything and the money will continue to roll in.

They should release his PEs as a GR in case they win it all. Book will personally call Vanessa for that!

With Devin Booker’s rise in popularity, he either gets his own signature sneaker over at nike. Or Nike drops the ball like they did with the Kobe situation… and Devin Booker becomes the first athlete under the new Kobe Brand.
In a perfect world, The Bryant estate and Nike would have come to an agreement and they could’ve had players like booker, derozan and Tatum carry the line on court in the NBA i.e westbrook, luka, Zion for Jordan brand. Maybe get Sabrina to be the face for Kobes in the WNBA. Just a hypothetical. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom