THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

It's weird because if we were to get a posthumous Kobe shoe design I'd want it to be from Nike and designed by Eric Avar. It'd still be a "cash grab" but from the same brand and designer who were with Kobe and made some of the most iconic shoes.

That said, if I were to pick between protros and a new design I'd go with a protro. Already did that by skipping the AD Exodus/FF in favor of the Protro 4 in 2019.

It's weird because if we were to get a posthumous Kobe shoe design I'd want it to be from Nike and designed by Eric Avar. It'd still be a "cash grab" but from the same brand and designer who were with Kobe and made some of the most iconic shoes.

That said, if I were to pick between protros and a new design I'd go with a protro. Already did that by skipping the AD Exodus/FF in favor of the Protro 4 in 2019.

Dude’s are already mad at Vanessa for not re-signing with Nike.

Let her sign with Adidas and they come out with the Boa Constrictors.

1626823780688.gif

Imagine Nike, a corporation that had ZERO authority to make and produce the Kobe Mambacitas. Then make it without Vanessa's approval and 'accidentally' ship it out to one retailer then she finds out about it on social media. To her shock and disappointment, Nike never offered or sent her any Kobe Mambacita pairs. Imagine that specific sneaker was designed by Vanessa to pay tribute to Kobe and Gigi with the intent for all the proceeds to go to her charity foundation. Imagine Nike trying to profit off the tragic death of Kobe and Gigi, deny Vanessa of her wishes, and walk away from the Kobe line, when only reasonable requests were made. At the very least, Nike should have released the shoes and given all the proceeds to her foundation and donate money as well just out of respect. The shoes were already made. There is ZERO excuse not to do that. This thread must be full of teens or people that have no concept of family. If I was in this situation, I would never, ever deal with Nike again. And true fans would understand why she walked away instead of trying to blame her.

Imagine Nike, a corporation that had ZERO authority to make and produce the Kobe Mambacitas. Then make it without Vanessa's approval and 'accidentally' ship it out to one retailer then she finds out about it on social media. To her shock and disappointment, Nike never offered or sent her any Kobe Mambacita pairs. Imagine that specific sneaker was designed by Vanessa to pay tribute to Kobe and Gigi with the intent for all the proceeds to go to her charity foundation. Imagine Nike trying to profit off the tragic death of Kobe and Gigi, deny Vanessa of her wishes, and walk away from the Kobe line, when only reasonable requests were made. At the very least, Nike should have released the shoes and given all the proceeds to her foundation and donate money as well just out of respect. The shoes were already made. There is ZERO excuse not to do that. This thread must be full of teens or people that have no concept of family. If I was in this situation, I would never, ever deal with Nike again. And true fans would understand why she walked away instead of trying to blame her.
Nike is evil.
All they see is money and fame

Vanessa Bryant revealed in a series of social media postsearlier this week that she was blindsided upon seeing an image of a shoe she helped design, a black and white "Mamba Forever" special edition of the Nike Kobe 6 Protro, from her late husband Kobe Bryant's signature series with the brand.

The specific colorway in question, featuring subtle gold accents throughout, was created as a tribute to her daughter, Gianna.

"It was going to be called the MAMBACITA shoe as an exclusive black and white colorway on her daddy's shoes," she wrote in one post. "I picked the colors in honor of her uniform, the number 2 she wore just like her uniform, the inside pattern, Kobe and Gigi on the back in gold instead of Kobe's signature, the inside shoe details [butterfly, wings, halo], etc."

The sneakers, designed in conjunction with Nike nearly a year ago, were originally scheduled to be released this summer before being placed on indefinite hold after Vanessa and the Kobe Bryant Estate elected not to renew the contract with Nike this year.

The shoes, created after the Jan. 26, 2020, helicopter crash that killed Bryant, Gianna and seven other passengers, were intended to raise funds for the Mamba & Mambacita Sports Foundation and to support youth girls sports initiatives, Vanessa Bryant said.

"The MAMBACITA shoes are NOT approved for sale," she wrote. "I wanted it to be sold to honor my daughter with ALL of the proceeds benefiting our @mambamambacitasports foundation but I did not re-sign the Nike contract and decided not to sell these shoes. [The MAMBACITA shoes were not approved to be made in the first place]. Nike has NOT sent any of these pairs to me and my girls. I do not know how someone else has their hands on shoes I designed in honor of my daughter, Gigi and we don't. I hope these shoes did not get sold. nike nike "

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ant-questions-nike-kobe-6-protro-shoe-release

Kinda got those facts mixed up huh?

1626831182025.gif

But yes, Nike did make a mistake by shipping the shoes and the Bryant family DEFINITELY should’ve had a pair before anyone else.

I’m pretty sure Nike didn’t sell the shoes for 20k a pair so it appeared to be a mistake. What would be the benefit of them backdooring 100 pairs of those shoes? The negative press and strained relationship wasn’t worth it.

I agree, plus I’m not sure how people will feel about shoes that have nothing to do with Kobe other than his name.

Could kinda be like Jordan brand where they still make performance models each year even though Jordan isn't playing anymore.
But it'll be kinda weird considering the circumstances around Kobe.

Vanessa Bryant revealed in a series of social media postsearlier this week that she was blindsided upon seeing an image of a shoe she helped design, a black and white "Mamba Forever" special edition of the Nike Kobe 6 Protro, from her late husband Kobe Bryant's signature series with the brand.

The specific colorway in question, featuring subtle gold accents throughout, was created as a tribute to her daughter, Gianna.

"It was going to be called the MAMBACITA shoe as an exclusive black and white colorway on her daddy's shoes," she wrote in one post. "I picked the colors in honor of her uniform, the number 2 she wore just like her uniform, the inside pattern, Kobe and Gigi on the back in gold instead of Kobe's signature, the inside shoe details [butterfly, wings, halo], etc."

The sneakers, designed in conjunction with Nike nearly a year ago, were originally scheduled to be released this summer before being placed on indefinite hold after Vanessa and the Kobe Bryant Estate elected not to renew the contract with Nike this year.

The shoes, created after the Jan. 26, 2020, helicopter crash that killed Bryant, Gianna and seven other passengers, were intended to raise funds for the Mamba & Mambacita Sports Foundation and to support youth girls sports initiatives, Vanessa Bryant said.

"The MAMBACITA shoes are NOT approved for sale," she wrote. "I wanted it to be sold to honor my daughter with ALL of the proceeds benefiting our @mambamambacitasports foundation but I did not re-sign the Nike contract and decided not to sell these shoes. [The MAMBACITA shoes were not approved to be made in the first place]. Nike has NOT sent any of these pairs to me and my girls. I do not know how someone else has their hands on shoes I designed in honor of my daughter, Gigi and we don't. I hope these shoes did not get sold. nike nike "

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ant-questions-nike-kobe-6-protro-shoe-release

Kinda got those facts mixed up huh?

But yes, Nike did make a mistake by shipping the shoes and the Bryant family DEFINITELY should’ve had a pair before anyone else.

I’m pretty sure Nike didn’t sell the shoes for 20k a pair so it appeared to be a mistake. What would be the benefit of them backdooring 100 pairs of those shoes? The negative press and strained relationship wasn’t worth it. And I wouldn't be surprised that it will be eventually released like Red Octobers in January.

Did I mix up the facts? I read the info straight off Vanessa's Instagram. If Vanessa was not aware of the shoes being made and was "blindsided", when she saw them on social media. Nike didn't even bother to notify her that the shoes were made or send her the shoes that she helped create from the design to the concept. Notice how Nike stayed quiet about it and produced the shoes anyways? As Vanessa said, "The shoes were not approved to be made in the first place." Don't you think Vanessa would okay the release; if the shoes were sold with all the proceeds going to her charity? And it would be fitting if this was the last Nike Kobe release.

Did I mix up the facts? I read the info straight off Vanessa's Instagram. If Vanessa was not aware of the shoes being made and was "blindsided", when she saw them on social media. Nike didn't even bother to notify her that the shoes were made or send her the shoes that she helped create from the design to the concept. Notice how Nike stayed quiet about it and produced the shoes anyways? As Vanessa said, "The shoes were not approved to be made in the first place." Don't you think Vanessa would okay the release; if the shoes were sold with all the proceeds going to her charity? And it would be fitting if this was the last Nike Kobe release.

The shoes were designed by Vanessa, her family and Nike. The shoes were scheduled to be produced and the proceeds given to the foundation.

You stated:

“Imagine Nike, a corporation that had ZERO authority to make and produce the Kobe Mambacitas. Then make it without Vanessa's approval and 'accidentally' ship it out to one retailer”.

Then you stated:

“At the very least, Nike should have released the shoes and given all the proceeds to her foundation and donate money as well just out of respect”.

The shoes were shipped by mistake, at least that’s what Nike said. And we can believe them or not, but them shipping out 100 pairs or less if shoe’s isn’t making money for them.

The pairs weren’t supposed to be shipped, released or sold at that time and they weren’t in a position to setup the auction at that time because they messed up.

Bottom line, Vanessa designed and knew about the shoes, and the shoes were to be produced and auctioned off.

You stated Nike had ZERO authority to produce the shoes and that Nike did it without Vanessa’s consent which wasn’t true.

The shoes were scheduled to be released until the contract deal wasn’t met.

Sad face
No protro 7 for next season.
Next season was supposed to be protro 7 or 8.
Damn why didn't Vanessa just extend one more year.
So us kobe heads can atleast get the protro 8s.
Kobe 8> kobe 6 > kobe 4 > kobe 5>

I was highly anticipating Nike releasing a protro 8 in the Achilles game colorway while doing their usual marketing on how he hit two free throws. It was a PE of the 8 Elite but I wouldn’t mind if they used the colorway on a regular 8
Those and the Amnesties are so sexy.
Achilles are easily my favorite cw of the 8s, would have been a great release to go along with the Mamba mentality philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom