THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

It’s entirely possible new Kobe-branded Adidas will sell well to a certain audience. But it won’t sell well with or help those of us who still are into shoes because of what was accomplished in them and for reliving/holding onto those times. I find zero appeal in having sneakers Kobe himself never saw and had nothing to do with. It would be entirely beside the point.

It’s entirely possible new Kobe-branded Adidas will sell well to a certain audience. But it won’t sell well with or help those of us who still are into shoes because of what was accomplished in them and for reliving/holding onto those times. I find zero appeal in having sneakers Kobe himself never saw and had nothing to do with. It would be entirely beside the point.
I really don’t care about any Adidas Kobes or a new mamba brand. I just want the OG classics with Nike, that’s it.

Y’all are funny, the Nike/Kobe deal is over. After everything that has been in the media about this whole situation, you really think Vanessa wants anything todo with Nike at this point. The whole GiGi shoe debacle put an end to all of that. This is not about money for her or the family, this is about keeping Kobe’s memory and legacy alive, something Nike is just not interested in doing. The Nike/Kobe ship has sailed at this point, I wish it were different but it just is what it is. Although is nice to hope one day they will reconcile, I see that being highly unlikely.

Y’all are funny, the Nike/Kobe deal is over. After everything that has been in the media about this whole situation, you really think Vanessa wants anything todo with Nike at this point. The whole GiGi shoe debacle put an end to all of that. This is not about money for her or the family, this is about keeping Kobe’s memory and legacy alive, something Nike is just not interested in doing. The Nike/Kobe ship has sailed at this point, I wish it were different but it just is what it is. Although is nice to hope one day they will reconcile, I see that being highly unlikely.

That relationship will always be there with Nike, and relationships can mend. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but it can happen down the road.

Bruh that would be like going back to an abusive relationship, I just don’t see it happening. The damage has been done already. It’s about getting his shoes to his fans, not Nike releasing limited numbers to increase profits and feed the hype machine. Until that is met then they will never see eye to eye. This is Nike we talking about here.

Bruh that would be like going back to an abusive relationship, I just don’t see it happening. The damage has been done already. It’s about getting his shoes to his fans, not Nike releasing limited numbers to increase profits and feed the hype machine. Until that is met then they will never see eye to eye. This is Nike we talking about here.

Kobe left Adidas and now his brand might be going back to Adidas :emoji_eyes:
Do we know how Adidas treated Kobe when he was with them?

It’s always about the money 💰

she prob wanted a deal like LBJ got…

Hopefully Nike will start releasing protros w/o his logo!

If Venessa wanted to keep his “legacy alive” then she wouldn’t of agreed to releasing his Wack adidas line!

she is ruining his legacy lol
9DBAA6AE-E034-436A-A33D-72BD39A0AE4D.jpeg

It’s always about the money 💰

she prob wanted a deal like LBJ got…

Hopefully Nike will start releasing protros w/o his logo!

If Venessa wanted to keep his “legacy alive” then she wouldn’t of agreed to releasing his Wack adidas line!

she is ruining his legacy lol
9DBAA6AE-E034-436A-A33D-72BD39A0AE4D.jpeg
I will agree that the adidas move is weak and I think it’s a way to get back at nike, is money a factor of course, but in lue of Kobe’s absence she has final say in all his affairs, and ultimately I think she wants more stock to be released. But that’s just my opinion, ima a nobody…..lol

Last edited:

I believe this was after he was pending that charge in CO, correct me if I'm wrong on that one, but still that was a different time and place. His accomplishments on and off the court have superseded that incident since then.

Pretty sure Adidas released a pair of Crazy One's (The Kobe) back in like 2018 or 2019...when they dropped that Star Wars pack.

I'm sure they own the rights to that mold or whatever, so as long as it doesn't have Kobe's name attached to it they don't need Vanessa's permission to release them. Same deal with this 2022 release, so how are some of you guys making the connection that she's going to take the Kobe brand to Adidas? Seems like a reach to me

Pretty sure Adidas released a pair of Crazy One's (The Kobe) back in like 2018 or 2019...when they dropped that Star Wars pack.

I'm sure they own the rights to that mold or whatever, so as long as it doesn't have Kobe's name attached to it they don't need Vanessa's permission to release them. Same deal with this 2022 release, so how are some of you guys making the connection that she's going to take the Kobe brand to Adidas? Seems like a reach to me

Adidas has probably re-released every Kobe model except for the moon boots since he left Adidas. They didn’t have his logo or anything identifying them as Kobe’a but they’ve been releasing Kobe’s.

I’m not sure if Adidas treated Kobe bad, he was just ready to move on. His shoes were Aight but not legendary, iconic or Jordan-like. No shoe will match Jordan’s but you get what I mean.

Most weren’t interested in his Adidas releases ao he paid 8 million dollars to get out of the contract.

Once with Nike, then people started paying more attention to and caring about his shoes.

Adidas has probably re-released every Kobe model except for the moon boots since he left Adidas. They didn’t have his logo or anything identifying them as Kobe’a but they’ve been releasing Kobe’s.
Yeah I’ve seen other models was just referring to the most recent ones. I can kinda see the how the optics would make the news look like it’s a thing for those unaware but not really a big deal imo

We still on the money thing? Kobe's estate is worth $600M. LBJ is worth $500M. LBJ should lose at least $50M for that garbage Space Jam movie. Vanessa trademarked Kobe's branding. Now she can go to Adidas and sign a deal. Or get a deal like Kanye and own it outright. Or a wild card would be to go with a Chinese company like Anta or Li-Ning since Kobe's popularity in China is massive. For reference, 40% of Nike's business comes from China. The thing is Vanessa has options and she's probably being advised by billionaires that set up the VC with Kobe. And people need to realize that all-new models will happen; if she signs with Adidas that many in this thread will say no to the idea until they see what Jerry Lorenzo and Ye cook up. Then it will be must cop. I've seen this when Ye moved from Nike to Adidas. Give it time something will happen and it won't be with Nike.

We still on the money thing? Kobe's estate is worth $600M. LBJ is worth $500M. LBJ should lose at least $50M for that garbage Space Jam movie. Vanessa trademarked Kobe's branding. Now she can go to Adidas and sign a deal. Or get a deal like Kanye and own it outright. Or a wild card would be to go with a Chinese company like Anta or Li-Ning since Kobe's popularity in China is massive. For reference, 40% of Nike's business comes from China. The thing is Vanessa has options and she's probably being advised by billionaires that set up the VC with Kobe. And people need to realize that all-new models will happen; if she signs with Adidas that many in this thread will say no to the idea until they see what Jerry Lorenzo and Ye cook up. Then it will be must cop. I've seen this when Ye moved from Nike to Adidas. Give it time something will happen and it won't be with Nike.

Why do people think Ye or Jerry would cook up some new Kobes? Where did this idea even come from?
Ye's been at adidas for however long now and he hasn't designed anything else outside of his Yeezy line.
And although Jerry is head of Adidas Basketball now, that doesn't necessarily mean designing new Kobes will be on the agenda.

Why do people think Ye or Jerry would cook up some new Kobes? Where did this idea even come from?
Ye's been at adidas for however long now and he hasn't designed anything else outside of his Yeezy line.
And although Jerry is head of Adidas Basketball now, that doesn't necessarily mean designing new Kobes will be on the agenda.
Well because like you said Jerry is the head of basketball now and because Kanye is different animal and the same beast…you’re welcome
E7E27DDC-1E48-42F8-90E5-BA877E2BD270.gif

You make some valid points. But I think there's a difference between Kanye and Kobe in that Kanye has more of a fashion background and is considered a leader in terms of fashion design, whereas Kobe's background is basketball and his fans will prefer the shoes he played in rather than something made post his passing.

You make some valid points. But I think there's a difference between Kanye and Kobe in that Kanye has more of a fashion background and is considered a leader in terms of fashion design, whereas Kobe's background is basketball and his fans will prefer the shoes he played in rather than something made post his passing.

I agree, plus I’m not sure how people will feel about shoes that have nothing to do with Kobe other than his name.

I agree, plus I’m not sure how people will feel about shoes that have nothing to do with Kobe other than his name.

Did Jerry Lorenzo not work on a basketball line with Nike? What's Jerry's position at Adidas? Global Head of Adidas Basketball. Did Jerry Lorenzo not lament his frustrations of not expanding on the line and beyond? Did Ye not have a Yeezy basketball sneaker? Do only basketball players and NBA fans buy Kobes? Look at China, Nike's second biggest market, where people are fans not only because of the NBA. It was Kobe's charity work, his work ethic, and his charisma that the people related to the most. In Los Angeles, it's that same work ethic, his Mamba mentality, his desire to learn Spanish because of his wife and kids, and to relate to his fans better that made him even more popular. I wonder if you heard about this man named MJ, where people buy Jordans and never watched a NBA game or picked up a basketball. Do only sneakerheads buy Yeezys? The market is much, much bigger than that. The Kobe line could be that, where Kobe fans will buy it, people, who are into fashion, streetwear, people that respected him as global ambassador, his legacy.....What's that saying of "If you built it, they will come." How do you know that people won't buy it until they see it, know the people behind it...... Again the same people that said they wouldn't buy an Adidas Yeezy have several pairs, when Ye ended the deal with Nike. This is the best way to expand on Kobe's legacy to a bigger audience like MJ. Kobe's legacy can transcend just basketball. That's what you fail to see.

Did Jerry Lorenzo not work on a basketball line with Nike? What's Jerry's position at Adidas? Global Head of Adidas Basketball. Did Jerry Lorenzo not lament his frustrations of not expanding on the line and beyond? Did Ye not have a Yeezy basketball sneaker? Do only basketball players and NBA fans buy Kobes? Look at China, Nike's second biggest market, where people are fans not only because of the NBA. It was Kobe's charity work, his work ethic, and his charisma that the people related to the most. In Los Angeles, it's that same work ethic, his Mamba mentality, his desire to learn Spanish because of his wife and kids, and to relate to his fans better that made him even more popular. I wonder if you heard about this man named MJ, where people buy Jordans and never watched a NBA game or picked up a basketball. Do only sneakerheads buy Yeezys? The market is much, much bigger than that. The Kobe line could be that, where Kobe fans will buy it, people, who are into fashion, streetwear, people that respected him as global ambassador, his legacy.....What's that saying of "If you built it, they will come." How do you know that people won't buy it until they see it, know the people behind it...... Again the same people that said they wouldn't buy an Adidas Yeezy have several pairs, when Ye ended the deal with Nike. This is the best way to expand on Kobe's legacy to a bigger audience like MJ. Kobe's legacy can transcend just basketball. That's what you fail to see.
Sir this is a Wendy’s

Most don’t buy the Jordan’s MJ didn’t wear on the court, but I’m supposed to believe that people will buy Kobe’s that have nothing to do with Kobe?

It’s possible people will buy them, but I’m not counting on it.

Back
Top Bottom