THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

The first ADs? To me they were horrible, dare I say garbage performance. The material hurt my arch, the midsole was some of the hardest "lunar" ever, and the outrigger kept getting sucked inwards on hard stops.
*edit* I didn't see you say casually, they're not uncomfortable for walking around. Definitely not ultra boost or running shoe comfy though.

Yea I wouldn’t dare ball in them. No way they can compare to what’s available now for half the price I’d prob need to pay for a new pair. I always did kind of like the look but from what I remember of reviews they werent too good.

Yea I wouldn’t dare ball in them. No way they can compare to what’s available now for half the price I’d prob need to pay for a new pair. I always did kind of like the look but from what I remember of reviews they werent too good.
Yea for me... they looked stiff for hooping.. as we all were confused with the model and Nikes approach... and I guess from that taking... I never showed interest in grabbing a pair for casual. I ain't said about that lol

How are the Kobe ads comfort wise casually? Never tried them only had the mids. Looking to buy the light bone pair if I can ever find an 11 for a sane price.

You’ll have no issues wearing them casually.

Small zoom bag in the heel and you’ll get just enough street feel from the shoes.

The shoes got a bad wrap as far as performance. I have no issues with them and they’re a solid basketball shoe.

You’ll have no issues wearing them casually.

Small zoom bag in the heel and you’ll get just enough street feel from the shoes.

The shoes got a bad wrap as far as performance. I have no issues with them and they’re a solid basketball shoe.

Good to hear. Wouldnt expect them to be bricks cushion wise. More concerned with fit and materials but the mesh looks good. Some recent basketball sneakers fit horrible and have great cushion.

Good to hear. Wouldnt expect them to be bricks cushion wise. More concerned with fit and materials but the mesh looks good. Some recent basketball sneakers fit horrible and have great cushion.

They’d snug but not tight, perfect for basketball. I half sized up for casual wear.

:rofl: Yoooooooooo tell me why I just woke up from my nap and had a dream that I pulled out a pair of unreleased blue colored Bruce Lee Kobe 11s talking about, "wow, forgot I had these." I'm dead man wtf!! :rofl:

All this AD talk made me want to break out my pair, still in great condition:
B6D9857E-A0B1-4EF1-9A41-EFD39ED3BC80.jpeg

I feel the same way about this Kobe 8 home PE.
Part of me misses the league rules when shoes had to be team colors, matching color from head to toe was just fire. Now we have players wearing PEs that are low-key 🤡.
I was waiting everyday for that colorway to drop. Thought we finally had it when we heard the fiberglass/court purple description but those turned out to be Easters instead :smh:. for all previous Kobes Nike would definitely release the colorways Kobe wore at home, e.g. Inline, Homes, Concord but really no idea why they stopped at the 8s.

11s were even worse because every single colorway he wore in games were a PE. Except eulogy and all-stars.

I went on stock x and man the prices on the Kobe’s crazy. The protro derozan and alternate Bruce lee I paid $300 for 2 years ago sitting at close to 1k not to mention all his other stuff is between $600-$2500. The lowest I see is the HOF @ like $350. This wild man. I ain’t ever getting prelude 6.
Very disappointing for someone just coming into sneakers (like myself), because I want a 8, but the colorways I want are well over $500. :/

I went on stock x and man the prices on the Kobe’s crazy. The protro derozan and alternate Bruce lee I paid $300 for 2 years ago sitting at close to 1k not to mention all his other stuff is between $600-$2500. The lowest I see is the HOF @ like $350. This wild man. I ain’t ever getting prelude 6.
This is me with the prelude 5 and FTB 4 (the pack not the protros). I kept telling myself oh i’ll grab them later….

I paid $350 for the prelude 4’s :frown:

Back
Top Bottom