THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

So PJ doesn't appreciate the benefits of the shoe because he's not trying to hit fadeaway jumpers like Kobe while wearing them?

The man who was a personal friend of Kobe...okay then. He's playing his game and the role his team needs him to, nothing wrong with that.
The statement was made jokingly.... we all know PJ is into looks and is fashionable. I've never been one of them folks that have downplayed his game. I acknowledge his abilities and what he brings to teams that pick him up.

Can I also add he too switches up his kicks ALOT as we all know lol. Kobes... brons..kds.. jordans...FOGs(correct me if I'm wrong)

I was randomly thinking this morning... the Protro 1s didn't get alot of PEs right... that started with the 4s. So what were dudes wearing. Was that also the period of the AD Mids

Yeah, I remember players wearing AD MIDs and Exodus. They had a few PEs like the Bookers and Derozans. Players were also playing in the UNDFTD 1s. They def weren't as popular as he 4,5,6 though.

I can guarantee it. When D Book and Demar lace up their Kobe’s, they have that feeling.

Not necessarily trying to play like Kobe, but there’s a feeling.

But we can definitely agree to disagree.

What about the Freak 1s :rofl:
Those are lowkey built like some Kobes, but are Giannis' shoe. I play as a guard. I most def didn't feel like Giannis when I had the Freak 1s on :lol:

I wish I could go back in time and hand myself some Kobe 6s like "here try these."
It’s crazy to think back on all my OG pairs I had and some I still have and how many of them I was able to get for waaaay cheaper than retail. If only I could go back and cop all the other CWs I passed on lol

I owned many pairs of the Kobe’s 1-6s ogs at my prime when I was balling 3 times a week and didn’t pay more than $150 for any pair.

Keeping it a 100% real
-All the traction on my Kobe 6s were bald after 3 months of balling.
-kobe iv lunar forefoot cushion bottomed out of all my pairs after 3 months of wear.
-kobe V flywire uppers ripped on all my pairs after 3 months of wear
-kobe 3 traction was bald after 3 months of wear
-kobe 1 and 2 og’s still have traction today and could be played in today.

As much as I loved the Kobe 3-6s I was forced to buy multiple pairs cause they didn’t hold up.

Towards the end of my playing days I didn’t even attempt to buy the 8-11s cause the cushion and support wasn’t there and was dangerous to ball in. I seen so many injures watching people play in Kobe 8s…broken ankles and fractured legs. A drop in midsole on a shoe that sat that low to the ground is such a terrible design for basketball.

Fun fact, I bought 10 pairs of Kobe 1s for $29 each from multiple Nike outlets through phone orders from tips from the Niketalk Nike outlet thread. Finishline at that time returned all their stocked and refused to carry the Kobe signature line.

Last edited:
I owned many pairs of the Kobe’s 1-6s ogs at my prime when I was balling 3 times a week and didn’t pay more than $150 for any pair.

Keeping it a 100% real
-kobe iv lunar forefoot cushion bottomed out of all my pairs after 3 months of wear.

As much as I loved the Kobe 3-6s I was forced to buy multiple pairs cause they didn’t hold up.

Towards the end of my playing days I didn’t even attempt to buy the 8-11s cause the cushion and support wasn’t there and was dangerous to ball in. I seen so many injures watching people play in Kobe 8s…broken ankles and fractured legs. A drop in midsole on a shoe that sat that low to the ground is such a terrible design for basketball.

Fun fact, I bought 10 pairs of Kobe 1s for $29 each from multiple Nike outlets through phone orders from tips from the Niketalk Nike outlet thread. Finishline at that time returned all their stocked and refused to carry the Kobe signature line.
Traction got bad that quick...... indoors?! That's interesting.

I Googled the original thread😂
Day 1
1643780073830.jpeg

1643780161683.jpeg

Just got some sole separation on my prelude 8a and I’m crying.

Why can’t Nike put out shoes with herringbone traction, drop in zoomx insole, and fuse low top upper. Still don’t know why any other traction patter than herringbone is used. Storytelling traction has always sucked

Keeping it a 100% real

1643808781063.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom