THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

1643780568673.png

damn boss you really destroyed your Kobes wth

looks like you have NO alternate pair to wear geeesh

Just got some sole separation on my prelude 8a and I’m crying.

Why can’t Nike put out shoes with herringbone traction, drop in zoomx insole, and fuse low top upper. Still don’t know why any other traction patter than herringbone is used. Storytelling traction has always sucked
The 8 was story telling no?!?! THAT **** WAS GREAT

damn boss you really destroyed your Kobes wth

looks like you have NO alternate pair to wear geeesh

Ya'll tripping, that looks destroyed to ya'll? Still looks to be in good enough conditions to hoop outdoors.

I usually ride them to the point of seeing the forefoot zoom before I break out another pair for outdoors :rofl:

Here's my Kyrie 1s I used outdoors before I retired them :rofl:
k1.jpg

My fave Kobe IV. :emoji_point_up_2:

I like the Carpe Diem version better. The Del Sol is probably my second favorite Kobe IV.

I also have the All-Star Game IV & Playoff IV.

I don't recall the names for these versions of the IV, but I have the home white with purple and a little yellow, and I have the road black with purple and some copper gold. I think they were the gradient versions if I'm not mistaken.

I just realized it was exactly 13 years ago when Kobe Bryant set a then-record points scored by an individual at Madison Square Garden with 61 points. And I still have those Del Sol IV he wore in that game. I hope to share a picture of them eventually on here one day.
Er, why can’t you just share it now? Who’s stopping you? 🤣
I was at that game with my boy while visiting him in NYC. I can’t believe it’s been that long. That was an epic night to witness, I remember everything about that day I was in NYC. Wild how time goes by.
Unrelated but pulled these out tonight for the first time in years. I remember when no one wanted them. I think I bought them on eBay DS about six years ago for well less than retail. They are absolute 🔥.
6A46CF8A-4216-4153-B587-40268F6D68E0.jpeg

I also have the Masterpiece basically DS. I think I wore them around the house twice. They really ARE a masterpiece of design. One of the most insane shoes of all time.
My only wish is that Nike had released the Precision colorway. Never understood that. To me those were easily the second best colorway. Straight ridiculous:
35EB9AA5-A9EA-4E55-8CFE-D740045D4A75.jpeg
52F18F7E-50F7-43A4-9DA9-90080171C315.jpeg

Er, why can’t you just share it now? Who’s stopping you? 🤣
I was at that game with my boy while visiting him in NYC. I can’t believe it’s been that long. That was an epic night to witness, I remember everything about that day I was in NYC. Wild how time goes by.
Unrelated but pulled these out tonight for the first time in years. I remember when no one wanted them. I think I bought them on eBay DS about six years ago for well less than retail. They are absolute 🔥.
6A46CF8A-4216-4153-B587-40268F6D68E0.jpeg

I also have the Masterpiece basically DS. I think I wore them around the house twice. They really ARE a masterpiece of design. One of the most insane shoes of all time.
My only wish is that Nike had released the Precision colorway. Never understood that. To me those were easily the second best colorway. Straight ridiculous:
35EB9AA5-A9EA-4E55-8CFE-D740045D4A75.jpeg
52F18F7E-50F7-43A4-9DA9-90080171C315.jpeg
I would go after some 9s.... but if you wore them regularly outside... at least for me the soles are not that good. I don't know of that's normal wear and tear... but yea the 2 pairs I have... perspectives and low reds... I be sliding

I would go after some 9s.... but if you wore them regularly outside... at least for me the soles are not that good. I don't know of that's normal wear and tear... but yea the 2 pairs I have... perspectives and low reds... I be sliding
You mean for playing in outdoors? I can see how that outsole will get destroyed quickly on asphalt. Definitely doesn't seem like an outdoor game shoe.

Let go of all my 9s except the Masterpieces and a pair of elite low IDs.
I’ve always thought, damn, if Kobe had just stuck with the low tops and all the Elite 9s had come out that way, I’d have all of them. The super-hightop thing is awesome to look at as a design on the shelf, way harder to wear casually LOL. No one will ever see me rocking them with shorts.

I’ve always thought, damn, if Kobe had just stuck with the low tops and all the Elite 9s had come out that way, I’d have all of them. The super-hightop thing is awesome to look at as a design on the shelf, way harder to wear casually LOL. No one will ever see me rocking them with shorts.

They wasted so many good colorways on the high top Elite 9s :smh:
All would've been fire if they kept it on the lows.

I’m looking through the ball shoes we can get right now, and man none of the sigs come close to what the Kobe’s were. You always knew you were getting a solid performer every time. Ive heard the GT Cuts are similar to the Kobe 8’s but even on selling apps they’re not cheap

I’m looking through the ball shoes we can get right now, and man none of the sigs come close to what the Kobe’s were. You always knew you were getting a solid performer every time. Ive heard the GT Cuts are similar to the Kobe 8’s but even on selling apps they’re not cheap
The uppers are mid but the midsoles on the kyrie 8 feel similar to the Kobe Vs right out of the box with no break in needed.
The KD 14s midsole feel like the zoom kobe 1 protos mixed with the Kobe 6s.
The PG5s traction is identical to the Kobe 9s

Nike starting to use strobel zoom on the KDs and Kyries now. You might be in for a pleasant surprise if you give those a chance.

Last edited:
That’s a great comparison regarding the Kyrie 8s and the Kobe 5s. I’d say the Kyries feel a little better, in terms of bounce, but rhe 5s take the cake in overall comfort and feel. The Kyries are one of my go-tos on court though!

How are the Kobe ads comfort wise casually? Never tried them only had the mids. Looking to buy the light bone pair if I can ever find an 11 for a sane price.

How are the Kobe ads comfort wise casually? Never tried them only had the mids. Looking to buy the light bone pair if I can ever find an 11 for a sane price.
The first ADs? To me they were horrible, dare I say garbage performance. The material hurt my arch, the midsole was some of the hardest "lunar" ever, and the outrigger kept getting sucked inwards on hard stops.
*edit* I didn't see you say casually, they're not uncomfortable for walking around. Definitely not ultra boost or running shoe comfy though.

Back
Top Bottom