THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I got the grey NXTs in the mail today.  These will be going back to Nike.  They are just not a durable design.  The plastic piece that pinches the laces to keep them tight is probably not going to last long, and the bungee on the sides to hold the head of the lace is going to get loose at some point.  I think these would definitely get attention because the concept is very interesting, but so can bright orange $15 sandals.  Fun to try on, but not a keeper.  
looks like you made those opinions based on pure visual observations. give a try and use it and update us if those are really the case. Nike has a great return policy for 30 days

looks like you made those opinions based on pure visual observations. give a try and use it and update us if those are really the case. Nike has a great return policy for 30 days
I definitely had the shoes on.  The bungee to hold the lace ends is the same material as my wife's hair ties.  Those things are not durable.  I can't be 100% sure, but they don't feel sturdy at all.  I am speculating future issues, but yeah I could be proven wrong with more usage.  In any case, this pair will go back to Nike.

Nike's pricing scheme is to price according to the athlete's rank and then put them on sale depending on how well they sold. Buy now or wait and pay less. I think it's a great system personally

Yea which is why lebrons shoes are tanking and go on sale a month after release

Basketball shoe sales are horrible, don't need to believe me but it's been documented and shown by analysts with numbers straight from Nike

Yea which is why lebrons shoes are tanking and go on sale a month after release

Basketball shoe sales are horrible, don't need to believe me but it's been documented and shown by analysts with numbers straight from Nike

Agreed, but look at it like this; the people who want them "early" can get them for a premium and Nike can make money off of those people. After all those people get a pair Nike basically releases them for a realistic "sale" price. Then we pay a reasonable price and Nike gets the money they would've gotten had they priced the shoe correctly in the first place. What's the downside/who's the loser?

I tried on the NXT yesterday and they felt amazing. Only thing I'm not sure about is that traction pattern with the clear outsole on the bottom. The Zoom in them was spectacular though and the lining inside felt great.

I tried on the NXT yesterday and they felt amazing. Only thing I'm not sure about is that traction pattern with the clear outsole on the bottom. The Zoom in them was spectacular though and the lining inside felt great.

I agree. Can't wait to hoop in them tom A.M.

Sadly, you're kinda right.   If you're serious about Kobe's, these are the ones that matter: (past couple yrs)

Kobe 9: Masterpiece, Beethoven, HTMs, and Prelude Pack

Kobe 10: HTMs

Kobe 11: HTMs, Brazil, GCR, Alt/Glove, and FTB Pack

Kobe AD:________________

Otherwise, they are all outlet material.

This seems to be an off year.  I think next yr will be retros.
Is there a Kobe 11 HTM?

There's a black/gum that fits the Time to Shine. There's no red on the TTS I don't think. Gotta be Derozan Playoff PE?

Anyone got any leads on the AD pair in cool grey size 8.5? They had em on eastbay but I hesitated and now theyre gone. TIA

Played in the Kobe AD NXT today.

Performence review.

Great fit. TTS with OG elite socks.

Low ride like the Kobe 11 vs Kobe Ad.

Light compared to the Kobe AD and not as bulky as the Kobe 11 or Kobe AD.

Great grip. I would say grip maybe a half notch below the Kobe 9 but the best since the Kobe 9 imo.

Lacing system is something I need to play with. A few times the loose laces would come out of the heel string area. May need to loop over to keep in place.

I say one of my favorites on court out of the Kobe line. (Missed on anything before the 9)

Would pick up a 2nd pair on discount.

Last edited:
Knowing Nike....the mesh will be violet,the sole will be black with a red Nike swoosh smh.

Hooped in my A.D. NXT this AM... the court performance was out of this word. Great grip, great lockdown, and comfort and cushion on point too. Now for the lace system, come on Nike... they could of made it better. First of all, they could of made the lace thing on top, a big Kobe logo... i had to just tie it at the top bc they were to long to put in the string thing on back. Only had to whipe shoes 1 time in 2 and half hours... love the drop in midsole too! Overall great shoe, and great concept! Don't sleep on these NT fam

Can't wait for the NXT to hit sub $120. Only way I'm paying retail is for some ID's. These things are sitting everywhere. My patience will be tested though.

I'm glad the 11 id's are still up. Some of my favorite designs have come later then soonee. If they shut down when the ad came out I would have never got them

Back
Top Bottom