THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

IMG_0596.JPG
Damn looks like Ima have to get the yellow n grey pair...don't mind the big calf....

Picked up the fearless pair. For my size 10.5 I picked it up and said wow these are light! Ran up and down the hardwood and they stop on a dime!

Why are you underwhelmed? Because only 5 colors? I think they made them all one color so more teams can incorporate them with their unis. NBA, College, High Schools. They're easy to match. I'm surprised there wasn't an all black and all white (although I did see the all white with gum bottoms) those were sick.
No i didn't mind the limited color selection in of itself, the colors they did were nice and the detailed sticking were quite nice, but the trend of monochrome colors didn't get me. I ordered the grey pair and returned it. I guess I wish they did something more along the lines of classic color ways, black and yellow, purple and yellow, even a black and red. If they come out with something more interesting ill bite again. Hope you enjoy yours tho.

Picked up the purple pair at NT Santa Monica. They didn't have the grey pair in a size 10. Went with the next best thing imo.

After chillin' at the beach, I drove right back to the Valley to hoop.

They're aight. Might send them back. I don't wanna do a direct comparison, but I'm more satisfied with my pair of PG1's.

Played 4 games in them, lockdown is OK. Cushion is OK, does the job. Overall fit is decent. Traction is ehh. but then again, school is back so a lot of shoes going in and out of the gym.

Nike should be able to take these back right? They're not all that beat, only used them today.

Got my Black NXTs. I don't know why everyone is saying to size up a half. Usually an 11.5 and ordered a 12 but it's too clunky. I'll have to send them back.

Really dug what I did feel about them; they really do feel like the successors to the XIs which have been my primary kicks of choice for the past year and a half. Didn't like the regular ADs when I tried them on. These felt great from the get go. Lacing system works great, cushioning is second to none. I'll probably try my XI ID full zooms in there just for kicks too, no pun intended.

.5 up left me with way too much toe space. I'm pretty excited to get the 11.5s and I'm not sure why I messed around and sized up anyway. Don't believe everything you see on youtube or read on here, I suppose.

Got my Black NXTs. I don't know why everyone is saying to size up a half. Usually an 11.5 and ordered a 12 but it's too clunky. I'll have to send them back.

Really dug what I did feel about them; they really do feel like the successors to the XIs which have been my primary kicks of choice for the past year and a half. Didn't like the regular ADs when I tried them on. These felt great from the get go. Lacing system works great, cushioning is second to none. I'll probably try my XI ID full zooms in there just for kicks too, no pun intended.

.5 up left me with way too much toe space. I'm pretty excited to get the 11.5s and I'm not sure why I messed around and sized up anyway. Don't believe everything you see on youtube or read on here, I suppose.
This. The NXT's are very snug at first but when they break in they are perfect.

20170828_122607.jpg

Forefoot width is much better and the mid height and the padding is great. One thing I didn't like about the a.d. low was the seam on the sides of the sock liner , it caused irritation on some pairs I tried on. If the jacquard upper is true then I'm in for another pair. This material is soft but will stain easily.

Cushioning is lower to the ground than the regular a.d. but still feels nice. I took a look under the insoles and can see an indentation of what might be the Zoom, if it is it is small.

Does take me back to the Kobe IVs.

If you were to order from kobe store vs undefeated. Which one would you go with? I think I ordered from the kobe store long ago. It had horrible customer service.
What does the kobe store ship with? I see drop ship on their options and nothing else. Don't even know what it means.

I played 5 games in the Kobe AD Mid and my thoughts are:

Traction: 3/10 - although this was a moderately dusty court. When I wiped, the grip was there and there was nice bite and squeak, but that quickly went away after a trip or two down the court. Dust catcher for sure but they should be nice on clean courts.

Fit: 6/10 - lockdown was pretty much all there, zero heel slippage. a good comfortable fit. the toe box was rubbing down on me slightly.

cushioning: 6/10 - it was decent. I could feel the lunarlon running full length, on the heel especially and perhaps a hint of a zoom bag. but it wasn't particularly bouncy or phenomenal. it got the job done.

overall, this is how I envision the mentality or venomenon line to feel like. budget, standard run of the mill, get the job done shoe. not trashing this shoe, but for a Kobe signature model, it was disappointing.

my favorite kobes peformance wise are the IX EM, the 8s, the VI, V, and the 2k4s. the AD Mid is several tiers below those. Kobe line has taken a noticeable dip after his retirement. hoping for a turnaround soon.

Played in mine for the first time tonight. Going to echo what others said.

Cushion was average, traction for me was fine, laces were too short for my liking (couldn't continue to tighten from lower part of my foot because it would be uncomfortable), and the stiffness around the ankle that I immediately noticed when trying them on didn't bother me once I started playing.

For some background, I tend to cycle through playing in the 4, 5, 6, 8 and X. I'd primarily been playing in the purple X em, and this was my first time wearing any AD model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom