THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Crazy light shoe, even lighter when you pull out the drop in midsole. Which had me wondering if Nike can do a interchangeable drop in with zoom air, instead of react.

I tired them on, but that react foam was way too mushy for me since I'm use to Ballin in zoom air.

$200 is steep for this kinda of shoe. The material were good but that toe box made me say nah @ $200.

Gonna ask my mama for $200 instead.

Last edited:
Wonder if nike would drop full length zoom midsole or some kd11 type with react+zoom

Until then drop-in midsole means nothing to me

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Crazy light shoe, even lighter when you pull out the drop in midsole. Which had we wondering if Nike can do a interchangeable drop in with zoom air, instead of react.

I tired them on, but that react foam was way to mushy for me since I'm use to Ballin in zoom air.

$200 is steep for this kinda of shoe. The material were good but that toe box made me say nah @ $200.

Gonna ask my mama for $200 instead.

Wonder if nike would drop full length zoom midsole or some kd11 type with react+zoom

Until then drop-in midsole means nothing to me

Maybe if we get NikeID it might be an option. I think it was an option for the Kobe 11 NikeID.

They def don’t have a premium feel to them at all. Crazy how battle knit is so much more premium and less money.

They def don’t have a premium feel to them at all. Crazy how battle knit is so much more premium and less money.

Yes but also way heavier. They kind of had to make them like that to be as minimal and light as they are and still stay somewhat durable. Even though the flyknit has a plasticy feel to it it's also kind of soft at the same time because of how thin it is, if that makes sense....Meaning it definitely doesn't feel plastic or restrictive on foot. I absolutely love playing in this shoe. Possibly my favorite hoops shoe of all time.

I've never like the knit pattern in this part of the shoe. Looks thin and cheap--almost like gauze. Does it look/feel more premium in hand?
IMG_0005.jpg

Exactly how I felt and you describe them on point. Felt like a strong gauze. But seems with enough torque you will bust a hole through them over a summer
season.

Once you pull out the drop in midsole and bend the shoe it felt like squezzing a plastic $1 dollar bottle. It was that flexible all around.

Last edited:
Yes but also way heavier. They kind of had to make them like that to be as minimal and light as they are and still stay somewhat durable. Even though the flyknit has a plasticy feel to it it's also kind of soft at the same time because of how thin it is, if that makes sense....Meaning it definitely doesn't feel plastic or restrictive on foot. I absolutely love playing in this shoe. Possibly my favorite hoops shoe of all time.

But when you use the word Flyknit you get people thinking it’s gonna feel like knit. Should have used a new term.

Exactly how I felt and you describe them on point. Felt like a strong guaze. But seems with enough torque you will bust a hole through them over a summer
season.

Once you pull out the drop in midsole and bend the shoe it felt like squezzing a plastic $1 dollar bottle. It was that flexible all around.

gauze?! gross...

Im honestly going to return my pair. It's not that I dont like them, I actually like them a lot. But the value of them to me, doesnt justify the price tag. The only pairs I'm really willing to pay retail for is retros.

But when you use the word Flyknit you get people thinking it’s gonna feel like knit. Should have used a new term.

Yeah I understand what you're saying but the Kobe 11's kinda had that plasticy feel to it as well and the 9's were heavily backed by fuse and glue...I don't think Nike has a real definition for what Flyknit is haha

Has anyone done a lace swap in the yellow pair yet? I'm thinking of putting some purple or some white laces in them.

Also, referring back to the TTS or 1/2 size down conversation. I have the black pair in my normal size, a 10.5, and I played in them and I thought they were fine. I actually thought that people were going a half size down because the toe area is so soft that they feel like they are longer or roomier than other shoes when they actually may not be but I also understood where people were coming from. So I kept hearing people say 1/2 size down and it started to sink into my head.....so when I ordered the yellow pair I ordered a 10. I must say that I wish I just got my normal 10.5 again. the 10 is fine but I just prefer my normal size more and I am definitely someone that prefers a 1:1 fit.

Nike and the Kobe line have always been about shedding weight for an added edge and they took a big step forward with however they treated or coated the Flyknit on the 360s, taking out the need for a lot of that plastic backing they had before. If your definition of “premium” is thick lush knit then you’re looking at the wrong line.

My pair from that eastbay restock is showing up tomorrow. I imagine it was a returned pair but looking forward to trying the half size down

Received my Yellow strikes the other day and tried them on with I guess a "thicker" sock..and it's tough to feel comfortable in..anyone feel that way?

**Edit**

Nevermind..I took out the insole and put it back in..and now they feel a lot better :pimp:

If I still played ball I would definitely hoop in these..

They definitely do not feel premium at all..glad I paid $129 as opposed to $200+

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom