THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Yeah but she’s saying there shouldn’t have been pairs even produced because of no deal. Nike definitely made them lol

These were produced november-january before the contract ended. She replied to someone and said they were produced but things changed and not to be sold. Shoes are made well before release dates. There are kobes in a warehouse and/or retail shops somewhere just waiting for the word to drop.

If they were made anytime after (which they weren’t from what i’ve seen from the ebay pairs) i’d be pissed too
I do think she should’ve got pairs for her family & friends before anyone else though.

We have a guy in here/kobe 6 thread Who already said he has a pair because a store messed up and instead of giving him Del Sols / Pops they got these…. it’s not just him either there are multiple people with the same story.

Oh word??? Damn that's pretty cool and lucky then.

it’s only the beginning

Just wait till they release his shoes without his logo

I don't see that happening, but that would be major disrespectful on Nike's end. But then again they aren't known for being ethical, so I guess it's entirely possible they'll do that :lol:

We’ll see Nike zoom boa constrictors in the future.
4BE6591D-A9AE-4780-9F6F-16E3C059B1F5.gif

These were produced november-january before the contract ended. She replied to someone and said they were produced but things changed and not to be sold. Shoes are made well before release dates. There are kobes in a warehouse and/or retail shops somewhere just waiting for the word to drop.

If they were made anytime after (which they weren’t from what i’ve seen from the ebay pairs) i’d be pissed too
I do think she should’ve got pairs for her family & friends before anyone else though.
I’m aware how releases work lol I’m saying what she said in that post

somebody tell Karen Nike probably has the upper hand in contract renegotiations, she sounds like she wants sympathy from fans to increase her value to nike

It’s beyond negotiations on this one. The shoes are full on memorials to her dead husband and daughter so if I were her, I’d be pissed to see them out and about or even being previewed if I wasn’t expecting them to be over and done with. I’m not assuming she’s taking another angle unless she’s making more obvious claims or demands from Nike

This is all fascinating. How do you control your deceased spouse’s image/memorial if that spouse was very very famous? It’s tough.

somebody tell Karen Nike probably has the upper hand in contract renegotiations, she sounds like she wants sympathy from fans to increase her value to nike
cold hard truth

I understand that she's grieving the loss of her husband and child but she's clearly trying to grow her wealth here when it was Kobe that put in all the effort to build his brand and legacy.

Kobe signatures have prominently featured Nike Swooshes as Nike corporate made sure NOT to create another Jordan Brand/Jumpman situation.

She won't come out and say what the money amounts are - but is she looking for $100M annually vs. $20M annually? The latter is still a massive amount of money that most 'normal' folk won't see in their lifetimes. I'm certain that Nike ain't throwing $20K annually her way and calling it a day.

Already pointed out by kingjay718 kingjay718 but Nike can easily retool those shoes and carry on with business. So many new stars coming into the league and the youngbloods will want their shoes as their fame and legacy grows.

Nike has all the leverage here and it's hard to sympathize with her. Look out for your kids' futures and take Nike's offer instead of making demands. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
In my opinion they need each other equally, nobody going to be buying Kobe’s like now if it doesn’t have his branding and Vanessa needs these silhouettes for people to want Kobe shoes. The only people I can see buying it without his branding are people who actually play in Kobe’s.

Serious question, I wasn’t a really big Kobe Shoe guy, I do have a pair, but not to the extent most of you all do, which shoe was it that put his shoe above a lot of signature Nike athletes? I remember wayyyyyyy before he passed and when Kobe’s dropped, it seemed like there was a time when they were just available, then all of a sudden they were scarce and demanded high *** resell prices.

Back
Top Bottom