THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Rain earlier out here in NYC.....
20220504_122821.jpg
Man, those didn’t age well (no disrespect)

Now that Nike has renewed their deal with the Kobe Bryant estate, I really hope they rehash those Kobe III in Lakers colors that were out in 2008 pictured in the slides in this post but were hard to get because I believe they were only available at House Of Hoops locations back then.

I hope so too. I didn’t appreciate them along with the 2s until around the preludes came out. I was able to scoop up the prelude 2s. I was waiting for some funds and a good deal on the prelude 3s until he passed 🥺 and everything skyrocketed.

Now that Nike has renewed their deal with the Kobe Bryant estate, I really hope they rehash those Kobe III in Lakers colors that were out in 2008 pictured in the slides in this post but were hard to get because I believe they were only available at House Of Hoops locations back then.

It pains that I've yet to hoop in 3s... and that's why I'm tryna find the Preludes. Also haven't hooped in the 10s as well but not pressed with those. Those the only 2 as far as the numbered models

Last edited:
I never even got a notification on my phone. A day later I go into the inbox and there it is smh. I don't know how to fix it cause I get all other SNKRS notifications.

I was away so I only checked my account when I saw the notifications popping up on twitter. I’ve never ordered a single Kobe on the account that got access so I didn’t even bother looking. I got back and saw the alert today. Brutal.

I was making my parents who I hadn’t seen in 2 years breakfast during the drop time. At 10:26 is when I saw the notification and I was reminding myself all morning and the day before about the drop and still lost track of time.

Un "DS"'ing for today's hoop session. And because I haven't played in over 2 years DS will most likely mean Did Suck, Didn't Shoot (well) or Did Sh¡tty.
20220507_084153.jpg

I dont remember the tech but those do not look like they will be comfortable.

I dont remember the tech but those do not look like they will be comfortable.
These are my #2 favorite basketball shoe of all time right after the Kobe V. If the V had the traction & drop in cushioning of this shoe it IMO would go down as the greatest hoop shoe ever (though it could already have a case now).

The NXTs were the Kobe 11 Elites with a straitjacket and slightly better traction. Comfort was alright but I didn't really enjoy the clunky heel.
There's a lot of accuracy in your comment. Traction is definitely better than the 11. This shoe is actually comfy to me, but it is very clunky. Definitely wish it was more sleek.

If my memory’s correct, those were very good basketball shoes.
Your memory is very correct. These shoes are 5 years old & they still perform great. Of course back then I still had 2 other AD NXT's, 2 AD's, 3 ZKV & 3 ZK6 in the hoop rotation. Sadly down to just these, the white AD NXT, the Black Spaces & Oregon Ducks AD. 😞

The whole shoe looks clunky. It just looks like a slab of rubber on weave like some metcons.
I loved the look from afar (I remember see Villanova wearing them during March Madness & was like "What are those?" but in a good way).

I wore them casually to Disneyland when I first got them & while they did turn heads they looked like some Zoom Kobe AD NXT Ronald McDonald's.
20220507_172025.jpg
Did the object eraser on my wife & daughter because they don't like being posted without approval. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Back
Top Bottom