THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Uh... at the end of the day she let that contract expire due to a few reasons, one of which was Nike sending the Mambacita's without her permission to a retailer who accidentally sold them.

Uh... at the end of the day..... they agreed and signed a contract. Vanessa is not responsible for all logistics to design, produce, and ship the sneakers. I guess you'll blame Vanessa for limiting the releases too. This is all on Nike and they haven't done anything, so point your blame in the right direction Nike's. Not to mention Nike had no plans to release more Kobes because they plan it out several months to a year in advance. So what did we actually miss out on?!

Feeling like Hattori Hanzō today…
D1E40193-0542-410A-A9BF-647BD4130B1F.jpeg

:smokin
Wish I'd copped these back when they released

Uh... at the end of the day..... they agreed and signed a contract. Vanessa is not responsible for all logistics to design, produce, and ship the sneakers. I guess you'll blame Vanessa for limiting the releases too. This is all on Nike and they haven't done anything, so point your blame in the right direction Nike's. Not to mention Nike had no plans to release more Kobes because they plan it out several months to a year in advance. So what did we actually miss out on?!

>D
All I said was how I wanna buy up Kobe's before Vanessa changes her mind.. this is literally a fact. She controls whether or not the shoes get produced because her signature on the dotted line is what will decide if we even get a chance at anything, the volume is out of her hands (unless stipulated in the contract) but I made no reference to volume produced in the post you quoted.

I have been very critical of Nike, not just about the Kobe line, but about how they're handling all releases (even pre pandemic). They prioritize hyping up their products and limiting production numbers, fake sellouts, etc to allow 3rd party apps like StockX/GOAT flourish in this environment. This has created a stupid amount of demand in the rep world where Chinese manufacturers are able to replicate products 1:1 that pass these 3rd party services authentication.

Funny enough, after reviewing your posts, you're most active in the most hyped up shoes in sneaker history.. travis scotts and yeezy's :rofl:

The 20s are very similar to alot of Kobes but I can’t put XX’s over the Kobe 6 my guy . I do agree I will be hoarding the bron 20 too.
Yall funny lol. But seriously if not that I haven't tried out the GT cuts... I prob would pursue the 20s. So still waiting to first being able to get a pair...and its looking like the 2s since those are in campaign now

>D
All I said was how I wanna buy up Kobe's before Vanessa changes her mind.. this is literally a fact. She controls whether or not the shoes get produced because her signature on the dotted line is what will decide if we even get a chance at anything, the volume is out of her hands (unless stipulated in the contract) but I made no reference to volume produced in the post you quoted.

I have been very critical of Nike, not just about the Kobe line, but about how they're handling all releases (even pre pandemic). They prioritize hyping up their products and limiting production numbers, fake sellouts, etc to allow 3rd party apps like StockX/GOAT flourish in this environment. This has created a stupid amount of demand in the rep world where Chinese manufacturers are able to replicate products 1:1 that pass these 3rd party services authentication.

Funny enough, after reviewing your posts, you're most active in the most hyped up shoes in sneaker history.. travis scotts and yeezy's :rofl:

Vanessa said there will be Kobes for years, so no need to worry about her changing her mind. This is a literal fact. Actually, she wanted a legacy contract. I'm sure Kobe wanted one too. He was literally underpaid compared to his peers by Nike. There was no mention of how many pairs would be released. But I know you'll blame Vanessa for it. You seem far more critical of Vanessa. Nike could have released a massive amount of pairs this year or early next year; if they wanted. They haven't/yet. So again point your blame onto Nike because once the deal was signed Nike could have gone into production. But they have made ZERO announcements. And I could care less about the rep world.

Last edited:
As much as I want more kobe kicks… I also loved his apparel / gear. At least give us some of those while we wait for footwear

There’s just no movement on such a popular line / name

Unless they’re gonna make a massive amount of drops in a short span.

Last edited:
Jaylen Brown is the man. He ain't got no sneaker deal and just rocks what he wants. That's that 2003 Kobe Sneaker Free Agency lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom