THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Kinda funny, I hooped in mine today. Get nothing but compliments and I’ll tell people I know that they are reps. If it’s a stranger I just say thanks. Wear what you enjoy, at the end of the day it’s your money and your feet. Just get buckets lol.

My issue with reps is, if your shoes are "just as good as" whatever else, just make your own shoes?

Like don't say "My TV is just as good as Sony, so here buy this fake Sony tv I made". Just come out with your own brand television. Don't say "My peanut butter is just as good as Jif, so buy this peanut butter I faked a label for so you think it's made by jif".

Even if you went the McDowells route and called them Kybes, fine, at least you're not straight-up tricking consumers. Like Imagine if they let people come on NikeTalk and post as B bigHazy32 ? The posts don't come from you but the other poster says they post content that's just as good as yours. :emoji_laughing:

You'd be like "Just get your own ****ing profile" right?

I'd buy whatever shoes godkiller came out with if they were available to me and got a reputation for good performance. I just don't get why they can't come out with their own product. 🤔

My issue with reps is, if your shoes are "just as good as" whatever else, just make your own shoes?

Like don't say "My TV is just as good as Sony, so here buy this fake Sony tv I made". Just come out with your own brand television. Don't say "My peanut butter is just as good as Jif, so buy this peanut butter I faked a label for so you think it's made by jif".

Even if you went the McDowells route and called them Kybes, fine, at least you're not straight-up tricking consumers. Like Imagine if they let people come on NikeTalk and post as B bigHazy32 ? The posts don't come from you but the other poster says they post content that's just as good as yours. :emoji_laughing:

You'd be like "Just get your own ****ing profile" right?

I'd buy whatever shoes godkiller came out with if they were available to me and got a reputation for good performance. I just don't get why they can't come out with their own product. 🤔
I see I have a fellow McDowells fella in here

Respect your view on here 100. i personally would never but i see how it is so impossible to obtain such a lovely product that nike is dropping the ball on

when you say 98% accurate what is missing in that 2% that is off? jut the heel issue?

Fully understand and respect it man, not too long ago I would have said the same as you. It's just desperate times call for desperate measures, what can I say...

Anyway, in terms of the EYBL's, though hard to tell if not side by side, the most notable flaws seem to be...

1) The color blocking - reps have a slightly more purplish hue compared to legit pairs which have a more brownish hue to them.
2) The Flywire is clearly visible on legit pairs, while it's a bit more muted on reps.
3) The paint splatter on the sole and heel counter show differences in cluster and size (this, however, also varies from pair to pair, whether legit or replica).
4) The scales on legit pairs are bit more transparent looking, the scales on reps are more translucent.
5) Inconsistencies in the shape and form of the heel tab (usually one of the bigger tells, even though I've seen reps where the shape and size is spot-on).
6) Imo in terms of shape, the rep version looks a tad bit 'boxier' than legit pairs.

I've added some comparison pics from Reddit. Reps are marked on most pics... with the info above you should be able to figure it out on pics where its not.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.40.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.40.18.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 239
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.23.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 633
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.38.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 511
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.37.56.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.38.48.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.38.48.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.08.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.34.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 02.39.53.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Fully understand and respect it man, not too long ago I would have said the same as you. It's just desperate times call for desperate measures, what can I say...

Anyway, in terms of the EYBL's, though hard to tell if not side by side, the most notable flaws seem to be...

1) The color blocking - reps have a slightly more purplish hue compared to legit pairs which have a more brownish hue to them.
2) The Flywire is clearly visible on legit pairs, while it's a bit more muted on reps.
3) The paint splatter on the sole and heel counter show differences in cluster and size (this, however, also varies from pair to pair, whether legit or replica).
4) The scales on legit pairs are bit more transparent looking, the scales on reps are more translucent.
5) Inconsistencies in the shape and form of the heel tab (usually one of the bigger tells, even though I've seen reps where the shape and size is spot-on).
6) Imo in terms of shape, the rep version looks a tad bit 'boxier' than legit pairs.

I've added some comparison pics from Reddit. Reps are marked on most pics... with the info above you should be able to figure it out on pics where its not.
But nowadays, especially with the GK reps, it’s impossible to tell unless you have em under a magnifying glass. If they’re on someone’s foot? U ain’t tellin ish

If someone's staring that close to notice that they're reps they probably got kicked in the face! :rofl:

Wow, crazy since it's really hard to tell unless you have a legit pair side by side. But now that you pointed it out, can clearly see the boxier shape on the reps along with the color difference. But honestly, someone with it on foot at the gym or playing ball, no one gonna notice that it's reps or not.

Nike needs to stop playing games and just start opening the floodgates as far as models and cw's go. They should be dropping em in the amounts and colors that the lebron 20's and gt cut 2's been dropping. I get that they will release the mambacita 4's on Gigi's bday, but they losing out on a ton of money by not dropping all those supposed cw's they had in the works for the protro 6. Hell, just give us the protro 8, or the rumored cw's for the 6's and we wouldn't be complaining so much. Well that plus a ton of stock too. Talking like 75-100k

Wow, crazy since it's really hard to tell unless you have a legit pair side by side. But now that you pointed it out, can clearly see the boxier shape on the reps along with the color difference. But honestly, someone with it on foot at the gym or playing ball, no one gonna notice that it's reps or not.

Nike needs to stop playing games and just start opening the floodgates as far as models and cw's go. They should be dropping em in the amounts and colors that the lebron 20's and gt cut 2's been dropping. I get that they will release the mambacita 4's on Gigi's bday, but they losing out on a ton of money by not dropping all those supposed cw's they had in the works for the protro 6. Hell, just give us the protro 8, or the rumored cw's for the 6's and we wouldn't be complaining so much. Well that plus a ton of stock too. Talking like 75-100k

Let ‘em know 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

This crap should never happen

All this unmet demand + quality of reps basically leading us to look into or straight up cop reps. If Kobe’s were on the shelf for retail, rep makers would be out of business and Nike would be taking all our $

so reversed grinches are set to release this year per sneakerbardetroit.

Honestly I don’t believe rumors like this anymore lol.

First the preludes, now the reversed grinches?

Back
Top Bottom