THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

man the mids are so awkward looking lol.

am i the only one who thinks nike is trying to somehow kill the kobe hype?

both lebrons and kd's have full zooms and flyknit upper now. hell they even gave the "scaled" upper look which started with the kobe line to the new lebrons lol.

seem like nike's always trying to event something new for lebron. meanwhile kobe's shoes have the technology of a $70 basketball shoes lol.

I think you meant invent

And Kobe’s are on the back burner bro, Kobe ain’t in the league and while they’re still good shoes Nike is gonna invest time and money to provide the best product for Lebron

yup, kobe is retired so there's really no need for nike to push for innovation with his signature line. it seems like they're just pumping out the ideas that didn't make the cut during his career while trying to save money and cut corners. it gives them room to put all the latest in lebron and KD's lines, which, like nearly all bball shoes, are going the way of one-piece bootie uppers. they're all disappointing but at least it saves me money from wanting to try the newest shoes. i'm finding myself going back to the older kobe models to ball in. i gave the 32s a spin for 2-3 weeks and i had enough of them lol

IMO they need to keep pushing Kobe's because a lot of players like Giannis and Devin Booker still wear Kobe's.
My point exactly. I see more Kobe's on peoples feet than anything else, aside from the budget shoes people buy for the price such as Kyrie and PG. (Not that the PG is a bad shoe. It's dope.) But kids and parents will buy the cheaper shoe than spend more on the Kobe's HOWEVER. with that being said ..........

Surprisingly, I still see more Kobe's than anything else on the courts at AAU games where my son plays. Since I am a huge Kobe fan I notice these things. My wife laughs at me because i'll be counting and pointing them out. Many times, out of the 10 players on the court at AAU games, 6-7 are wearing Kobe's. I've seen whole teams walk in in Kobe's. They are still the best hooping shoes. Lately the Kobe AD dominate the floors. I'm hoping to start seeing more NXT now that the prices dropped, and AD Mid since they've released.

NBA players who wear Kobes
Devin Booker
Andre Iguodala
Isaiah Thomas
DeMar DeRozan
PJ Tucker
Giannis
Buddy Hield
De'Aaron Fox
Justin Jackson (although he wears PG's as well, i've seen him wear Kobe's at a lot of games)
Terry Rozier
James Johnson
Malik Monk
Kyle Kuzma
Tyler Ulis
Jae Crowder (although this was recent. Not sure how long he's been wearing Kobes)

9918FC2E-7E1A-403E-AC44-EFB737BC9F82.png
It’s time! (I should try these on in store though)

9918FC2E-7E1A-403E-AC44-EFB737BC9F82.png
It’s time! (I should try these on in store though)

Hope you don’t have wide feet cause they are narrow. Won’t fit well on your feet.

But...

It’s a really good shoe once you start to break them in. The traction varies though for each surface area I’ve played on. So you might get some slide if the courts you play on that are either dusty or courts aren’t well maintained.

I got the neon volt colorway kinda regret getting that color way cause they got dirty really quick. Like 2-3 wears in they started to get mating dark dirt marks on them and it’s super hard to clean it off. Terrible choice of material from Nike. Especially for a $200 shoe. Which I didn’t pay got them for $120 at FL.

Solid performance shoe hopefully they improve the NXT line cause the shoe is really good.

Might cop the black pair if extra money come my way.

Finally got back to playing ball after 8 months of recovery. Ive had about 3 full court sessions in and decided to give the NXT's a chance. Heres my take on them

Fit: Snug but great. They do fight tighter than what I normally want but the material has enough give to wear its not hurting my feet stopping on a dime.

Traction: Good / Above Average. I didn't experience any slipping at all. Courts were relatively dusty and they handled it perfectly.

Cushion: I like the cushion set up a lot. Felt a lot like the 11's and were very comfortable.

Lockdown: Amazing. No slipping or sliding within the shoe. Something I wish some of the Kobe 11 Cw's were better at.

All in all I enjoyed balling in the NXT's. I still rank the 11's over these but the 11's are one of my favorites. I'm looking to pick up a few more pairs of NXT's before its all said and done

9B39F543-1056-4DD1-8C85-CADE60A0EE56.jpeg
These are mines when first got them wore them to work didn’t play in them yet.

A0B53765-D0E3-4C29-B976-2F972E72A697.jpeg

Took a picture once realized that the volt colorway gets noticiblelty dirty after a few sessions of game play.

2B22BCA4-3A3F-4E15-896E-81FF13FA8032.jpeg

Then I’m like damm these things get dirty from heel to toe a week later.

It’s great shoe but I was really liking the volt colorway in the press shots and user shots. Didn't know it catch dirt easily. Kinda ocd about Dirt on my shoes and clothes etc in my life.

I still played ball in them last weekend and practiced with them. I was finsseing these dudes in New Jersey. But they perform very well from cutting fast into the lane for layups and great piviot foot traction.

I believe the traction varies on certain color ways cause these have translucent bottoms you can see through. Other colorways have solid bottoms. Which you get a different traction / grip on the courts. I play in mostly outdoor courts cause the weather still permits here in nyc but once it gets cold I’m going into a indoor basketball gym.

Hopefully Nike still invest in the kobe line cause I really think this a good shoe. They can improve upon.

All shoes get dirty, just depends on the color and how the color hides it. Like a white car will show black dirt, black car shows white/light dirt lol

Just clean your kicks after each use, and after purchasing, the first thing I always do is spray a protectant so that dirt doesnt stay easily, and they clean easily.

I always laugh at shoe reviews on how they say on a dusty court you slide on a clean court you don't --- like really? That's obvious.

All shoes get dirty, just depends on the color and how the color hides it. Like a white car will show black dirt, black car shows white/light dirt lol

Just clean your kicks after each use, and after purchasing, the first thing I always do is spray a protectant so that dirt doesnt stay easily, and they clean easily.

I always laugh at shoe reviews on how they say on a dusty court you slide on a clean court you don't --- like really? That's obvious.

Ofcourse shoes gets dirty but im implying how quickly my pair of volts got dirty in such a short period of time. I understand your car analogy but that’s why paint companies develop paint that won’t a car to get dirty quickly. You gotta wash the damm thing.

Like I said I’m ocd about dirt so definately wipe them after each use to maintain them. But it’s hard to wipe the dirt of the shoes with good soap which I tried. What protectant do you use?

You can slide in either just depends on the surface area and how well the court is mainted. Playing on a polished indoor court is always good but overtime it’s loses its coating and dust and dirt marks make it impossible to play. This outdoor court I play on the surface area is decenct but there is one court that the parks depeparment painted in this red coating paint. Dudes were mad that they were sliding everywhere. Cause people were traveling or walking and whaever paint they used the crap is terrible on the surface area.

Imagine wearing dance shoes on a dance floor and looking fred astaire sliding playing basketball. That’s how bad it is.

My lebron soilder balck/gold pair that have clear bottoms the soles soaked up the red paint. I’ll post a picture later showing this.

But I relate to dusty courts making you slide it’s a know fact/isssue this happens cause you gotta use your hands to wipe the bottom of your soles to get the dust off to gain traction on court.

Ofcourse shoes gets dirty but im implying how quickly my pair of volts got dirty in such a short period of time. I understand your car analogy but that’s why paint companies develop paint that won’t a car to get dirty quickly. You gotta wash the damm thing.

Like I said I’m ocd about dirt so definately wipe them after each use to maintain them. But it’s hard to wipe the dirt of the shoes with good soap which I tried. What protectant do you use?

You can slide in either just depends on the surface area and how well the court is mainted. Playing on a polished indoor court is always good but overtime it’s loses its coating and dust and dirt marks make it impossible to play. This outdoor court I play on the surface area is decenct but there is one court that the parks depeparment painted in this red coating paint. Dudes were mad that they were sliding everywhere. Cause people were traveling or walking and whaever paint they used the crap is terrible on the surface area.

Imagine wearing dance shoes on a dance floor and looking fred astaire sliding playing basketball. That’s how bad it is.

My lebron soilder balck/gold pair that have clear bottoms the soles soaked up the red paint. I’ll post a picture later showing this.

But I relate to dusty courts making you slide it’s a know fact/isssue this happens cause you gotta use your hands to wipe the bottom of your soles to get the dust off to gain traction on court.

I am OCD as well so I can definitely feel you on that. I use Mint Ultra Protector, or Crep Protect on all my shoes. Spray them twice. Then on my shoe cleaning days, i'll spray them again.
BTW When you wipe those bottoms, just don't go poking your eyes, or biting your nails in between games lol gotta wash them hands after the games lol always gotta get on my son about that.

Good looks on the info mindmarthon will definately buy. And keep my hands clean lol.

Lmao at the kobe 5 rings X-ray reference.

Someone should do an X-ray shot on Charles Barkley’s hand in the MJ era lol.

Gwizzle how that happen?

Had to whoop somebody on the court lol! Somebody swung on me, so had to protect myself! It’s lile my 6th time breaking it in the bone, as y’all can tell by the “backwards C” on outside hand bone lol

^ these are red bottoms these are bloods shoes

*Correction*

These expensive, these is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes
Hit the store, I can get 'em both

Last edited:
Anyone else experiencing discomfort around the ankle bone (chaffing/rubbing) on the original ADs?

Yes that was my gripe with those. Some pairs had that problem and some didn't. From what I notice it's the seam on the sides of the lining that weren't aligned caused the issue and it was kinda stiff. Some needed to be broken in as well. Good thing Nike put out the mids.

Back
Top Bottom