THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Speaking of A.D. iD's...
Screenshot_20171025-200954~01.jpg

Not my pic, BTW.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Nice find. Pistons fan here, we burned ourselves when we traded him. I'm coincidentally rocking my XI Achilles, which was KCP's go-to 2 seasons ago.

Looks like he's tying his laces? I must be weird in that I keep my NXT's pretty loose....they're pretty snug as is.

Nice find. Pistons fan here, we burned ourselves when we traded him. I'm coincidentally rocking my XI Achilles, which was KCP's go-to 2 seasons ago.

Looks like he's tying his laces? I must be weird in that I keep my NXT's pretty loose....they're pretty snug as is.
Yea I don't tie them either. Well I take that back. They are pretty snug as is for casual wear, but I do tie them when I hoop. I don't want them to come off my foot like the XI's would. They were notorious for that.

Yea I don't tie them either. Well I take that back. They are pretty snug as is for casual wear, but I do tie them when I hoop. I don't want them to come off my foot like the XI's would. They were notorious for that.

I could see that. Never had that happen with my XIs but I do remember Derozan losing one of his during the Olympics. Then again, I dont use them nearly that hard.

How do they come off for you? They have so much padding around the heel and ankle that I can't even pull them off of my feet. I definitely have to loosen the laces all the way down to the bottom in order to get them off.

A special guest during Nike CEO Mark Parker's Investor Day address, Kobe Bryantnot only spoke about his continued role in innovation, but joined Parker in announcing a new signature sneaker.

"It's called the Kobe 360," said Parker. "As Kobe continues to push us, this product represents a breakthrough in how shoes are designed and made."

Nike isn't quite ready to unveil the latest model of the Mamba lineup, but the buzz word for the day was lightweight.

"It's really a challenging duality," said Bryant. "How can you create something that is so lightweight, so minimal without compromising stability? Without compromising the performance of it?"

A passionate Bryant, who is spending his early retirement years perfectly the craft of storytelling, did his best job of hyping the Kobe 360 without giving too much away.

"From an emotional perspective, how it relates to myself as an athlete is 'how do you have this balance between love and fear?' When you're playing a game, you're playing a game that you love, but you also have that fear that you just may miss that game-winning shot. It's about balancing those two things that gives an athlete perspective or helps you reach your fullest potential. How can we bring that through product? How can we create something that is so minimal, I mean like feather light, but gives you great strength and stability? With the 360, we managed to pull it off."

Since retiring from the NBA, Bryant has led different variations of the Kobe A.D. Expect to hear more about the Kobe 360 in the coming months.

6E2C84FC-A005-4BE6-BAA6-124F485DDF75.jpeg
mastralf mastralf welcome back Homie! Hopefully u weren’t dying out on the court! I just broke my hand the other weekend! Can’t hoop for another 6 weeks errrr
Dam that looks bad. Sorry to hear you were put in that situation. I was dying from terrible cardio but my jumper was falling so it motivated me lol. I was honestly just excited to be out there. Get better soon, I feel that you and mind marathon have carried the thread!

Is the Kobe 360 the Kobe 13? Too many effing names it's hard to keep track; AD, AD Mid , AD NXT, Kobe Mentality, Kobe Venomenon, Kobe EXT, now Kobe 360. It's honestly lame, just release a shoe and call it the 13, enough with the corny isht.

Is the Kobe 360 the Kobe 13? Too many effing names it's hard to keep track; AD, AD Mid , AD NXT, Kobe Mentality, Kobe Venomenon, Kobe EXT, now Kobe 360. It's honestly lame, just release a shoe and call it the 13, enough with the corny isht.
I gotta agree. Although its kinda been like this for a little while now, at least since the 9's. At least with the 9's you knew what the flagship model was. I cant tell if the Kobe 360 is going to be a takedown model or if its an extension of the line. Only time will tell I guess.

i need the potato pics to hate on, then the official pics to do a 180, then getting them in-hand to do another 180. also, i hope they aren't $180.
Ha ha you aint ever lying. So true.

Sounds expensive lol
Let's hope not

Kobe $360
Hell naw!!

Dam that looks bad. Sorry to hear you were put in that situation. I was dying from terrible cardio but my jumper was falling so it motivated me lol. I was honestly just excited to be out there. Get better soon, I feel that you and mind marathon have carried the thread!
Thanks fam -

I'll have to say having different names is confusing, but in our heads we'll just keep it going lol
Maybe they're naming them like this so that Nike can have variations of each Kobe shoe that way it wont be AD 12, AD NXT 12.5, AD Mid 12.75, 360=13

Kobe has passion for his signature shoe line up, each kick has to have a huge story line and powerful meanings. I'm excited about the 360.

I gotta agree. Although its kinda been like this for a little while now, at least since the 9's. At least with the 9's you knew what the flagship model was. I cant tell if the Kobe 360 is going to be a takedown model or if its an extension of the line. Only time will tell I guess.

Hope we all find out soon

Back
Top Bottom