THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

My why boy just say almost the exact same thing to me in a text. LOL

I will get next colorway and try it out.
Definitely dope for sure but overpriced for what you're getting. If you're interested in these for hooping I'd wait until a solid outsole colorway releases.

Definitely dope for sure but overpriced for what you're getting. If you're interested in these for hooping I'd wait until a solid outsole colorway releases.
Why is a brand new technology overpriced? I’ve been wearing them and they don’t feel like any flyknit I’ve worn before. Familiar but better in every department that matters. Can’t get over the breathability. Not sure how a quantifiable technological advancement can be overpriced, unless you know something about the manufacturing process that adds disproportionate bloat (from previous generations) to the msrp

Why is a brand new technology overpriced? I’ve been wearing them and they don’t feel like any flyknit I’ve worn before. Familiar but better in every department that matters. Can’t get over the breathability. Not sure how a quantifiable technological advancement can be overpriced, unless you know something about the manufacturing process that adds disproportionate bloat (from previous generations) to the msrp

While I agree, my only question is will they hold up long enough to justify the price point. I balled in my lebron 15s over 20 times now and they still are going like a champ. But this is a DOPE shoe none the less and I look forward to the next pair I can grab easier than this one.

Fit in these are weird and have a lot of toe space above feet out the box. The React drop in is definitely legit though and more than enough to hoop in. Traction is also not the best and just average (in the translucent outsoles at least). I have my doubts on how the upper will hold considering how easy it was to tear the upper on the 11 (feels very similar to the reinforced mesh in the Metcon 4s).

So the upper feels like reinforced mesh? Which feels like plastic right.... cuz that’s how it looked in the hype video too

I’m going to need to see a performance review on these before I drop $200. All the Kobe A.Ds been *** on the court so far. Waiting for Nightwing/Duke to drop something

Find it odd that none of the regular reviewers review a pair of these shoes and Derozan only wore them once.... I have a feeling these shoes will under perform

If these joints can't hold up through a season of hooping and start tearing, then yes I would consider them overpriced since it's the most expensive hoop shoe out right now and doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

So the upper feels like reinforced mesh? Which feels like plastic right.... cuz that’s how it looked in the hype video too
Yes it's stiff at first and needs to be broken in. Lots of space above toes. Very very similar fit to Metcon 4s. For $200 I expected A1 traction and better durability so I'm slightly disappointed.

Got ummmmm!!!

Attachments

• F3C38001-C393-4DFE-A3DB-94275F4D5E8B.jpeg
    F3C38001-C393-4DFE-A3DB-94275F4D5E8B.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 136
Person tried them on said they're true to size. He was wearing Kobe V. They didn't allow to try on so I don't know. Passed on them. Like 10 pairs of Protro. Not being able to buy Kobe's on Mamba Day sucks lol. Hope to score the Final Seconds tomorrow.

Yes it's stiff at first and needs to be broken in. Lots of space above toes. Very very similar fit to Metcon 4s. For $200 I expected A1 traction and better durability so I'm slightly disappointed.

Hell yeah man for the most expensive performance shoe out, they better be a great performer.... consumers ain’t gonna be down with that these days

I’m going to need to see a performance review on these before I drop $200. All the Kobe A.Ds been *** on the court so far. Waiting for Nightwing/Duke to drop something

Find it odd that none of the regular reviewers review a pair of these shoes and Derozan only wore them once.... I have a feeling these shoes will under perform

Sorry to hear you feel that way as I share a different experience with the A.D. mids, which I'm sure you've included into your overall assessment of the A.D. line.

The A.D. mids have been my go-to joints for all things basketball hardwood related with no performance issues from high intensity activity. I usually blind buy the initial Kobe series drop based on aesthetic. If they turn out to be nice performers as well then I continue buying more from that series. Unfortunately I wasn't able to scoop this NXT 360 drop.

I feel you on the $200 ticket though. That is a lot of money to drop on something that won't live up to your performance standards.

Back
Top Bottom