THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Well fellas I have always liked the AD's and finally made the plunge. Sorry for the over exposure.

The only bad thing is won't be able to test them for a while. I ended up rupturing my patellar tendon last night and gotta get surgery tomorrow.
View media item 2332419View media item 2332420

Any idea why it ruptured? I'm always worried about my knees blowing out. This McDavid knee sleeve is helping

the amount of force it takes to tear a ligament in your body is crazy, a piece of material unfortunately won't help.

the amount of force it takes to tear a ligament in your body is crazy, a piece of material unfortunately won't help.

That's true but wouldn't that force come from overstretching of the knee, something that you can help to prevent with a knee sleeve? Seems like the sleeve would stop that initial lateral movement that would lead to a ligament tear.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I think the OP suffered a tendon tear.

I had a knee sleeve on. Unfortunately the amount of force exerted on it from when I landed was enough.

I have also suffered from chronic patellar tendonitis for about 10 years or so. That is known to weaken the strength of it.

I had a knee sleeve on. Unfortunately the amount of force exerted on it from when I landed was enough.

I have also suffered from chronic patellar tendonitis for about 10 years or so. That is known to weaken the strength of it.

That settles that. Speedy recovery. Any idea how long until you're back at it?

Sorry to hear about your injury. What shoe were you wearing? Not that I'm saying the shoe attributes to the injury just wondering what shoe you're wearing (a Kobe I assume)?

That settles that. Speedy recovery. Any idea how long until you're back at it?
Definitely appreciate it. Its three months were I'm walking without a knee mobilizer. Then an additional 2-4 months of rehab. So in about 7-9 months I should be able to back again. I am being conservative, I know the math doesn't add right there lol.
Sorry to hear about your injury. What shoe were you wearing? Not that I'm saying the shoe attributes to the injury just wondering what shoe you're wearing (a Kobe I assume)?
​Appreciate it bro. I was actually wearing the Kobe 11 blackspace. The way the injury happened, I could have been wearing anything and it would have happened ( I see that your recognize it).

Definitely appreciate it. Its three months were I'm walking without a knee mobilizer. Then an additional 2-4 months of rehab. So in about 7-9 months I should be able to back again. I am being conservative, I know the math doesn't add right there lol.

​Appreciate it bro. I was actually wearing the Kobe 11 blackspace. The way the injury happened, I could have been wearing anything and it would have happened ( I see that your recognize it).
hoping for your full recorvery bro... i finally did some exercise yesterday since rupturing my achilles tendon last july

any compression gear keeps the area warm and provides slight stability in the form of compression but no structural support. 

Any sort of brace or strapping system when done properly provides structural support and limits mobility. This has pros and cons, one being that affected areas are kept in the right position to help heal and reduce minor sprains/strains. The negative is because it provides support the muscles in those areas (especailly stabilisers) get weaker and it does not stop major injuries whatsoever and can worsen them.

Compression doesn't have downsides but really does nothing but insulate. Bracing/Strapping provide strong stability for previously injured areas but just as many physios recommend against as GPs recommend for.

finally found the greys in ds in an 11.5. they were $180, but sall good. basically only slightly more than retail and tax and shipping. I'm so happy. In case you don't remember, I got a pair of the greys for christmas and it turned out they were worn and returned to footaction and had the piece of the sole literally lying in the box when I unwrapped them lolll. Hooped in them twice then sent them back for a refund lol. Finally found the ds pair. Wish it was cheaper, but i aint trippin.

I really hope they drop all star id options for these! Anybody remember when they dropped last year? Got a couple pairs but can't remember

Nike better not be playing us and not releasing those or limited to Oregon. I zoomed in on the size tag and see sample labeled.

KOBE A.D. OREGON
$170
922026 001 BLACK/YELLOW STRIKE

Last edited:
Nike better not be playing us and not releasing those or limited to Oregon. I zoomed in on the size tag and see sample labeled.

KOBE A.D. OREGON
$170
922026 001 BLACK/YELLOW STRIKE

You think it's possible these will hit retail??? I assumed PE

I had that style code on a previous list of Kobe AD's to release. Will be watching for Nike images if/when their posted 
nerd.gif

Would be my first AD. Been waiting for them to mix it up 

I really hope they drop all star id options for these! Anybody remember when they dropped last year? Got a couple pairs but can't remember
I don't know if they'd drop for the Kobes because he's not playing anymore. Nike didn't even make BHM's for these.

Edit: They made an ugly ID option for the 11 Elite. Why is Nike still making those and giving more attention to them than their current model? It's like they're not even trying at all.

Last edited:

I don't know if they'd drop for the Kobes because he's not playing anymore. Nike didn't even make BHM's for these.

Edit: They made an ugly ID option for the 11 Elite. Why is Nike still making those and giving more attention to them than their current model? It's like they're not even trying at all.
Agree 100%.  The AD seems half-hearted.  Convinced they realized they milked the Kobe 11 line to no end since it was a retirement yr for an all time great (No complaints with that, as I love the 11).  

Now with this AD; seems like it's just 'filler' until 'retros' release.  It's like they didn't want to oversaturate and jump right into 'retros', but had to come out with something as 'filler' to bridge the signature line into retros.

All you need to do is look at EBAY and see what the Prelude line sells for.  A Curial, a Milkshake, a Prelude, and it tells you where the real interest is.

Last edited:
Agree 100%.  The AD seems half-hearted.  Convinced they realized they milked the Kobe 11 line to no end since it was a retirement yr for an all time great (No complaints with that, as I love the 11).  

Now with this AD; seems like it's just 'filler' until 'retros' release.  It's like they didn't want to oversaturate and jump right into 'retros', but had to come out with something as 'filler' to bridge the signature line into retros.

All you need to do is look at EBAY and see what the Prelude line sells for.  A Curial, a Milkshake, a Prelude, and it tells you where the real interest is.

I know no one cares... but imo the AD is a better on court performer than the XI

Back
Top Bottom