THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Isn't that why so many jordan fans want the OG cw's? Because he actually wore and played in those.

Yes but Nike intentionally limits the supply of those OGs for the same reason. They have the ability to constantly restock them like they restock Pandas but they choose not to.

If Nike wants Kobe retros to become as hype as Jordan retros then they’re doing it right. They need market prices to stay high.

Yes but Nike intentionally limits the supply of those OGs for the same reason. They have the ability to constantly restock them like they restock Pandas but they choose not to.

If Nike wants Kobe retros to become as hype as Jordan retros then they’re doing it right. They need market prices to stay high.
I thought Jordan OG colorways are usually produced in the most quantities

The hype has been there for almost 3.5 years. I think it’s ridiculous that Nike is limiting Kobes to this degree and for this long. 40K pairs for the last release is absolute garbage. I haven’t been able to get a single protro since 2019.

Maybe they are, to satisfy the high demand for OGs. Still, it’s obvious Nike wants them to be more limited and exclusive than Pandas and white AF1s etc
Nobody's saying they have to keep restocking every month like pandas. Although, I guess I wouldn't mind that. L&F supposedly 500k stock and still sold out. Still hyped, still kept Nike resell market price high. Eff the 40k stock like sb's, even if they were to do bred toe numbers, that would be cool. I think that was like 90-120k. But for everyone in here who wants a pair to hoop in and maybe even a double up when that pair becomes trashed, 220k stock and it would still sell out. Or looking at the holiday 11 releases, they're always pretty good. Especially when it was OG cw's like the space jams, concords, or even cool greys. High stock and still does well aftermarket. Everybody wins.

I looked at the kicks, then I looked at George Lopez. Didn't realize I'm supposed to look everywhere else in the photo for context clues like where's waldo
Feel that. Assuming you’re on any form of social media (including ig/ nt) you would have seen the blow up of such an event if that was recent. So common sense even taking into OPs comments on the post you would know the timing of the pics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The hype has been there for almost 3.5 years. I think it’s ridiculous that Nike is limiting Kobes to this degree and for this long. 40K pairs for the last release is absolute garbage. I haven’t been able to get a single protro since 2019.
It really sucks man, esp for older heads like NTers who grew up playing in Kobe’s. I’m turning 37 soon and a lot of the guys I play with these days are like 20-25 and never even got a chance to wear the OG models that made us fall in love with the line.

Anyway, I just been wearing / playing in reps since Nike wont let me buy any shoes from them. I get to wear the shoes I like at a price I’m comfortable paying.

Attachments

• B9419092-B30B-44F6-83C6-7FFA69A22848.jpeg
    B9419092-B30B-44F6-83C6-7FFA69A22848.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 106
Feel that. Assuming you’re on any form of social media (including ig/ nt) you would have seen the blow up of such an event if that was recent. So common sense even taking into OPs comments on the post you would know the timing of the pics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Funny enough, no, my IG rarely has celeb photos. I don't scroll in the discover section either so unless it's from an account I follow, I definitely wouldn't see any celebs in Kobes. I didn't even see Kris Jenner until someone posted in here. I get all my news of celebs wearing kobes from strictly NT.

It really sucks man, esp for older heads like NTers who grew up playing in Kobe’s. I’m turning 37 soon and a lot of the guys I play with these days are like 20-25 and never even got a chance to wear the OG models that made us fall in love with the line.

Anyway, I just been wearing / playing in reps since Nike wont let me buy any shoes from them. I get to wear the shoes I like at a price I’m comfortable paying.
I'm gonna be 35 this year and I totally agree, I just wanna hoop in shoes that i used to back in hs and college. We grew up playing in Kobes and I loved wearing em on the court. I recall Vanessa saying that she wanted the kids today to wear Kobes too. Make em widely available so that fans of all ages could wear his shoes. It shouldn't be taking this long to make that a reality. I'm too lazy to go look up the specific quote and article, but it's out there.

I'm gonna be 35 this year and I totally agree, I just wanna hoop in shoes that i used to back in hs and college. We grew up playing in Kobes and I loved wearing em on the court. I recall Vanessa saying that she wanted the kids today to wear Kobes too. Make em widely available so that fans of all ages could wear his shoes. It shouldn't be taking this long to make that a reality. I'm too lazy to go look up the specific quote and article, but it's out there.
Yeah I’m wearing em, they just ain’t from Nike. Snkrs turned me into a villain. It’s funny cause these ones have forefoot zoom and are nicer than the retails.

Attachments

• 093D4F38-42FC-4A59-BE9F-2301C406FD53.jpeg
    093D4F38-42FC-4A59-BE9F-2301C406FD53.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 171

Nike Kobe 8 Protro “Triple White”
Color: White/White-White
Style Code: FJ9364-100
Release Date: 2023
Price: TBA
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White.jpg
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White-1.jpg
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White-2.jpg
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White-3.jpg
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White-4.jpg
Nike-Kobe-8-Protro-Triple-White-5.jpg

Was just gonna say, more reports of the triple white protro 8 were on sneakernews. Nothing that we haven't already heard, but more photos were nice to see. Super plain and if worn on the court, it's gonna get dirty in a heartbeat. Interested to see what the customizers put together.

I loved the 8 with how lightweight it was. Only thing was the sharp tongue, but just gotta wear higher socks. Great to see Nike offering these in mens, gs, and little kids sizes. Hopefully a step in the right direction.

Sneakernews article

Back
Top Bottom