THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Good points by everyone. I think we can all agree we miss being able to wear Kobe’s. I used to dog mine on the court and then retire them into lifting / walking shoes. Got some nice pictures of my honeymoon wearing Kobe’s in the ruins of Pompeii in Italy lol. Traction, lockdown and cushioning were 10/10 on that volcanic ash 🤣

and that's how shoes are supposed to be utilized.. not sit in clear boxes for display or be resold for thousands to the rich.

Good points by everyone. I think we can all agree we miss being able to wear Kobe’s. I used to dog mine on the court and then retire them into lifting / walking shoes. Got some nice pictures of my honeymoon wearing Kobe’s in the ruins of Pompeii in Italy lol. Traction, lockdown and cushioning were 10/10 on that volcanic ash 🤣
where da pics homie!?

The point is Nike is prioritizing long term profits over short term profits. You can complain all you want but ultimately it’s good business to maintain hype by keeping their hype kicks out of discount stores and off little kids’ feet as much as possible lol
Curious how you think this plays out to long term profits. J1 hype=dead, panda dunk hype=dead. It's about time to make kobe's accessible to everyone. Now that the TS1 collabs are done, I'm curious what people will go after for hype nikes? Those TS mac attacks? Lol

The reason why there's so many kobe fans who want a pair is because he actually played in this model. Kobe 4-6 that they've protro'd so far. Look at how well the OG cw's like grinches, carpe diems, and bruce lees are doing. He actually played in those cw's. Isn't that why so many jordan fans want the OG cw's? Because he actually wore and played in those.

Kris Jenner hit on snkrs. FOH 🤦🤦🤦‍♂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1683631325772.gif
Nah man even worse. Vanessa prob gifted it to her...

Nah man even worse. Vanessa prob gifted it to her...
I could only imagine all of Kris Jenners staff busting out their phones trying to hit for her size on snkrs lmao. But yes, let's be real, Vanessa is tight with the Karjenners and definitely hooked them up. Either her or Nike. Now that Kimye is done, I even saw her getting seeded those F&F tiffany AF1's.

Curious how you think this plays out to long term profits. J1 hype=dead, panda dunk hype=dead. It's about time to make kobe's accessible to everyone. Now that the TS1 collabs are done, I'm curious what people will go after for hype nikes? Those TS mac attacks? Lol

The reason why there's so many kobe fans who want a pair is because he actually played in this model. Kobe 4-6 that they've protro'd so far. Look at how well the OG cw's like grinches, carpe diems, and bruce lees are doing. He actually played in those cw's. Isn't that why so many jordan fans want the OG cw's? Because he actually wore and played in those.
I just wanna play in them maaaaan. I don't care what colorway. Also just GR colorways are dead. Low stock for AJ1s and dunks are still selling out. Even pandas are still being sold out on restock.

I just wanna play in them maaaaan. I don't care what colorway. Also just GR colorways are dead. Low stock for AJ1s and dunks are still selling out. Even pandas are still being sold out on restock.
Everyone subbed in here wanna play in some kobes for real. Are the AJ1 and dunk sell outs real? Stock for J1's at like 240k has definitely helped in getting more J1's to people who want em. Thinking of like the lucky greens,washed pinks, elephants. What was the last low stock J1 in 2023? People in my fb group are trying to move pandas at 150 and struggling to move em. I didn't say they don't sell out, I'm saying the hype on em are dead. And yea, SBs still move, but think that's mostly attributed to the low 27k-34k stock compared to the high AJ1 stock. If Nike can do that with the J's, there should be no reason they can't for kobes. But again, they wanna keep the "hype" around Kobes and make em collector pieces rather than let the fans buy em with ease and use em for their actual purpose on the court.

Everyone subbed in here wanna play in some kobes for real. Are the AJ1 and dunk sell outs real? Stock for J1's at like 240k has definitely helped in getting more J1's to people who want em. Thinking of like the lucky greens,washed pinks, elephants. What was the last low stock J1 in 2023? People in my fb group are trying to move pandas at 150 and struggling to move em. I didn't say they don't sell out, I'm saying the hype on em are dead. And yea, SBs still move, but think that's mostly attributed to the low 27k-34k stock compared to the high AJ1 stock. If Nike can do that with the J's, there should be no reason they can't for kobes. But again, they wanna keep the "hype" around Kobes and make em collector pieces rather than let the fans buy em with ease and use em for their actual purpose on the court.
The Spiderverse shock drop that just happened sold out but we'll see how the real drop will be like on the 20th. The stock is supposed to be low for it.

It's funny because nike could've literally sold the venomenon budget kobe line and kept the AD line alive (although AD being after death could be in poor taste now that he's actually passed) while keeping protros limited. But we aren't getting squat.

The Spiderverse shock drop that just happened sold out but we'll see how the real drop will be like on the 20th. The stock is supposed to be low for it.

It's funny because nike could've literally sold the venomenon budget kobe line and kept the AD line alive (although AD being after death could be in poor taste now that he's actually passed) while keeping protros limited. But we aren't getting squat.
I don't put no weight into that spiderman drop since there's still an official release date on the 20th. If prices on secondary market are any indication, hype on that is also pretty low. Those upcoming union 1's look terrible too so I think the only 1 I have on my radar is the washed blacks and UNC toes. Lightning 4's also shock dropped and those things could be sitting after Saturday. Again, this isn't a bad thing for people who actually want shoes to wear. Nike needs to adopt the same strategy for Kobes. Sick of seeing stock on Kobes similar to SBs and also tired of forking over double retail or more on resell just to buy the pairs I actually want.

It's funny because prior to the tragedy, I guess somebody in my group must've bought like 4-5 mamba furys and he wanted like 400 each for em lol. Anybody willing to pay that for mamba furys is nuts.

Yeah the George Lopez pair looks like wkb reps. The Pete Davidson ones look real to me. Or whoever that guy is lol.
Lopez looks too young for this pic to be recent. So I'm going to assume these are the OG runs and not the protros in which I can't say how the scale lining was on those. But if these were protros, yes, the scale lining looks too high.

I don't put no weight into that spiderman drop since there's still an official release date on the 20th. If prices on secondary market are any indication, hype on that is also pretty low. Those upcoming union 1's look terrible too so I think the only 1 I have on my radar is the washed blacks and UNC toes. Lightning 4's also shock dropped and those things could be sitting after Saturday. Again, this isn't a bad thing for people who actually want shoes to wear. Nike needs to adopt the same strategy for Kobes. Sick of seeing stock on Kobes similar to SBs and also tired of forking over double retail or more on resell just to buy the pairs I actually want.

It's funny because prior to the tragedy, I guess somebody in my group must've bought like 4-5 mamba furys and he wanted like 400 each for em lol. Anybody willing to pay that for mamba furys is nuts.
Def remember seeing those Furys lol

Yeah it’s crazy people are reselling and taxing mamba fury , rages and venomenons. The whole situation stinks.

Lopez looks too young for this pic to be recent. So I'm going to assume these are the OG runs and not the protros in which I can't say how the scale lining was on those. But if these were protros, yes, the scale lining looks too high.
Bruh it says staples in the background

Back
Top Bottom