The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

I'm a Kobe fan but making this a whole thing seems over the top to me, it's not like he's dying
Their making it a profitable thing. And imagine the power it gives them when negotiating with future stars to sign with their brand. It shows how important the athlete is to them (even though of course it all comes down to money.) I'm sure their showing Ben Simmons what their doing for Kobe and saying this could be your someday and we will celebrate you like we celebrate our other athletes. 

I don't think MJ had this kind of treatment when he retired with the Wizards. As in a pack being released from Nike/JB

Pretty cool to see

I don't think MJ had this kind of treatment when he retired with the Wizards. As in a pack being released from Nike/JB

Pretty cool to see
Haha well Nike/JB had to worry if he'd just come back again. At least with Kobe they know he's done. 

Their making it a profitable thing. And imagine the power it gives them when negotiating with future stars to sign with their brand. It shows how important the athlete is to them (even though of course it all comes down to money.) I'm sure their showing Ben Simmons what their doing for Kobe and saying this could be your someday and we will celebrate you like we celebrate our other athletes. 
thats the only thing i dont like. $40k for a hat? shame on these companies man. 

Ben Simmons has lost out on the MONSTER deal he was supposed to get. Nobody is pitching him that hard.

Losing hope on getting a call for the 8s
frown.gif
If you are in the LA area, it seems like Fox Hills already called and Beverly Center hasn't yet. Good luck bro! I know I'll need it

Ben Simmons has lost out on the MONSTER deal he was supposed to get. Nobody is pitching him that hard.
I was just speaking hypothetical's saying how Nike can use this Kobe campaign within negotiations for new talent. Not saying Simmons would/will get same treatment

I know it's all for the money, and that's part of the problem - it's so contrived that it just loses me.

The pack is cool, although it's fueled by hype. But players all around the league wearing colors to tribute his retirement? That just seems over the top cheesy to me.

Prelude 5s all day.

Back
Top Bottom