The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

Whenever Nike Soho announces the date for the opening, I hope I can get a hold of the Kobe 1 FTB. I was fortunate to get the FTB 11 and it would be cool if I can get his first signature shoe and last one he wore.

It's been eerily quite on the news front regarding that black lux Kobe 1 that was suppose to come out during the holidays.

Found these in my stash. They look like crap at this point, but easily one of my favorite pairs of all time. So damn comfortable and unique

Found these in my stash. They look like crap at this point, but easily one of my favorite pairs of all time. So damn comfortable and unique
give em a clean theyll come up 8/10.

no toe creases or scratched paint. sole will be dirty but everything else just needs a hard wipe

Last edited:
give em a clean theyll come up 8/10.

no toe creases or scratched paint. sole will be dirty but everything else just needs a hard wipe
Definitely gonna give this a try in the coming days. I'll post em back up if I have any form of success, haha.

I hope this is the right place to ask this. 

I'm not a sneakerhead at all, though i am a huge basketball fan so i noticed these 2 pairs of shoes i found in the dumpster.  1 pair is the LeBron 20-5-5 in all black with red. needs a lot of work but the shoe itself is tact and even the sole is like new. Just needs the sole to be reglued and the suede to be renewed and new velcro for the straps.

The other shoe i found is a Kobe shoe. I can't find much info online about it.  The shoe says Kobe and has the #8 and i don't know its a 2k4 or 2k7 Hurache? It's laser etched and white/baby blue color-way. I assume it's the retro Lakers look.
What I'm wondering is how much they are worth and if it's worth touching them up with Angelus leather paint.

I hope this is the right place to ask this. 

I'm not a sneakerhead at all, though i am a huge basketball fan so i noticed these 2 pairs of shoes i found in the dumpster.  1 pair is the LeBron 20-5-5 in all black with red. needs a lot of work but the shoe itself is tact and even the sole is like new. Just needs the sole to be reglued and the suede to be renewed and new velcro for the straps.

The other shoe i found is a Kobe shoe. I can't find much info online about it.  The shoe says Kobe and has the #8 and i don't know its a 2k4 or 2k7 Hurache? It's laser etched and white/baby blue color-way. I assume it's the retro Lakers look.
What I'm wondering is how much they are worth and if it's worth touching them up with Angelus leather paint.
Sounds like the laser Huarache 2k4 in the MPLS colorway. I don't think the market is too big for those. Also depends on what condition they're in. You have pics?

Sounds like the laser Huarache 2k4 in the MPLS colorway. I don't think the market is too big for those. Also depends on what condition they're in. You have pics?
Yes, a search comes up as the correct ones, but still not much info.

Quality of the shoe is bad i guess...the stitching is all yellowed. The leather is a bit wrinkly in parts, the inside is all yellowed.  The velcro is all yellowed.  All seem to be fixed with some white paint from Angelus.  The closest blue i can find for touch up is the Melo Blue on the Angelus direct site. The most damage is the front of the right shoe has part of the rubber ripped and a scratch into the white leather and part of the surrounding rubber is slightly scraped. Size 10.

(They haven't been cleaned)

Worth investing $30-40 to repaint them?  Not even? Toss them out?

Yes, a search comes up as the correct ones, but still not much info.

Quality of the shoe is bad i guess...the stitching is all yellowed. The leather is a bit wrinkly in parts, the inside is all yellowed.  The velcro is all yellowed.  All seem to be fixed with some white paint from Angelus.  The closest blue i can find for touch up is the Melo Blue on the Angelus direct site. The most damage is the front of the right shoe has part of the rubber ripped and a scratch into the white leather and part of the surrounding rubber is slightly scraped. Size 10.

(They haven't been cleaned)

Worth investing $30-40 to repaint them?  Not even? Toss them out?
Considering the condition, I think you'd only be able to get $30-40 out of them after restoration anyways, if that. They're pretty beat. Not sure I would toss them. Someone might take them as a project to restore and wear themselves. Who knows. 

Ok thanks. I'll probably just put them on craigslist then and see what anyone offers.  Maybe someone needs them for their Kobe collection.  

I hope they start releasing some Kobe Retros soon! I do not think that any Kobe 12, 13 AD whatever will have a greater impact than the Kobes, which he actually played in!

the black white one is on point, really love those simple colorway
nthat.gif

it supposed to drop last year, nike keep delaying kobe retro to be released

Last edited:
I'm in for some Kobe retros for sure, but not along the lines of the FTB availability neither. I'm talking a regular, GR just Kobe retro release. Don't pull that Lebron Zoom Generation nonsense either Nike smh

Back
Top Bottom