The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Scooped up a pair of IDs for $169 shipped! Had a 20% and got a $20 off $100 from a NT fam. Not too bad. Lol. And still got a 15% coupon for them red carpets. I think those are the only 14s ima cop(atleast hoping they do not drop a champ version of the 14. Want the cavs to win but that would be a game changer for me hehe)

The LeBron 14 'Agimat' released this past Saturday here in the Philippines accompanied with the usual camp-out drama.

Just a quick recap, with some Instagram pictures from some of the locals for reference.

Titan sent out an e-mail in early May to their VIP customers for pre-order.  These pairs would come in a special blue box as shown below.  Titan never discloses how many pairs they received so it's not known how many pairs were available for pre-order.  But it is known that the pre-orders were sold out within 1 hour of the e-mail being sent out.

About 3 days before the official release date, Nike Park, another official Nike retailer, opened up it's FCFS e-mail submission for reservation pairs, a process that's always been controversial because they've been accused of screening these e-mails and giving favoritism to select people.

Titan opened up their usual RSVP procedure to their VIPs, but for these reservations the 14s will come in the standard 14 box.

The day before the release is when the fun starts.  Titan announced that they will have pairs available on FCFS at one of their branches. People then proceeded to line up and camp at 7PM the day before.  As what we used to do back in the day, these campers made a list of who was there at that time so that they can "verify" that their place in line.  Turns out that there were more than one of these lists being made, so when release time came closer (11AM SATURDAY), people were arguing of which list was the first one made, and the store staff ended up picking the list that allegedly had workers from consignment stores on.  The staff proceeded to hand out queue numbers that required people to write their name and size.

(Yes, those are middle aged women in the front of the line, supposedly there on behalf of some regular customers...)

So the release at Titan goes as scheduled, with sizes 9.5, 10, and 11 selling out first.  Those who were able to get a pair were already re-selling them right on the store's footsteps for  about php13,500 pesos or $270US (retail was php8,495 or $170US).  Many of those who were able to buy were also wearing hats and shirts of the local consignment shops.

The staff regularly updated the line of sizes that were still available, and you can see people frantically change the size they wrote on their queue slip to whatever size was still available, even though the staff instructed them that they weren't allowed to change it.

So, after about an hour, it was announced that all 50 pairs were sold out. 50 pairs for FCFS, with an undisclosed number of pairs held for RSVP VIPs and the pre-orders who were instructed to pick up their reserved pairs later in the day.

MANY people were upset at how the resellers capitalized on this release, and many others stating and questioning how a 5-foot 1-inch skinny kid in line was able to buy a size 12.  Or how a middle aged woman, most likely a maid or "yaya", was able to buy a size 10US.  Other people who walked away with pairs apparently looked like they didn't have the money or means to be buying such expensive shoes. That may be a harsh statement, but it's known that people pay others to wait in line for them, and something like that happens all over the world.

Camp outs don't really happen in the Philippines that often for Nike or Jordan's anymore.  People here usually camp out for Ultra Boosts or NMDs, which always release here in limited numbers, and of course attract the resellers or the rich that pay others to wait.

In the end, the Filipinos have a lot of pride for their country, and LeBron's popularity resurfaced after the championship (Filipinos are notorious bandwagon fans, which is understandable since we don't have home teams to root for).  So having a tribute colorway will of course attract LeBron and basketball fans alike.  

Good info ^^^, I'm sure things will be just as hectic in three days if the 5.26 release holds up for the US.

*crossing my fingers early*

The AGIMAT would be a worthy consolation prize for the OONW. But judging by how it's not in SNKRS yet but on Nike+, it's looking like no reminders or alerts at all. So a drop could be randomly on Friday if not the typical 10am shenanigans.

Last edited:
Good info ^^^, I'm sure things will be just as hectic in three days if the 5.26 release holds up for the US.

*crossing my fingers early*

The AGIMAT would be a worthy consolation prize for the OONW. But judging by how it's not in SNKRS yet but on Nike+, it's looking like no reminders or alerts at all. So a drop could be randomly on Friday if not the typical 10am shenanigans.
what is the difference between Nike+ and Snkrs? my phone app is nike+ snkrs.. not seeing anything past june 1 on there

what is the difference between Nike+ and Snkrs? my phone app is nike+ snkrs.. not seeing anything past june 1 on there

Both usually seem a little redundant to me, however when information differs between the two like in this case I guess it's better to have both. The first screen is from Nike+, the second from SNKRS and there's no mention of the Agimat. The OONW was the same way, except I don't think it was even on Nike+, so I guess at least we get a heads up this go around. Or maybe no SNKRS landing page means it's in store release only? :nerd:

View media item 2442928View media item 2442929

Last edited:
Take that Soldier spit to the Soldier XI thread lol

crossing-guard-o.gif

Those solider 11's looking clean! I'm hopping they come in toddler sizes so I can get my little boy a pair!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom