The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Originally Posted by DeliciousCake  

This man knows what hes talking about. Your lasts 2 posts are DEAD on. After being a Jordan head and then falling out of the sneaker game after MJ retired, I looked at most of the Lebron line as "meh". If they didnt have the Lebron name on them they could be some regular old Nike basketball shoes. You could NEVER say that about Jordans because they always pushed the envelope and looked like nothing else (I guess we can thank Tinker). 

A part of it may be Nike's own doing. J's as you can see got larger than Nike, I dont think they want that again. They want their flagship to still be recognized with the NIKE brand. The Lebrons are like the top of the BMW 760Li. The Jordans were like a BMW supercar that branched off and started making its own cars and isnt directly identifieable with the mothership. I dont think they want that with the Lebron lineage.

These were posted on sneakerbardetroit, not sure if they're photoshopped but the missing midsole isn't working for me.
Photoshop. The black part of each shoe is a different shade of black. This is because the change of color applied to the upper also messed with the lack of color the black should have, thus making it a "different" black

The XIIs aren't too bad IMO. Don't love them at first sight but don't hate them either, but that lack of midsole does look slightly weird. The shape of that black panel on the lateral side makes me sort of think of the IX Elites.
and it's this influence that is killing this shoe for me, i don't mind the hidden midsole but that ix black piece is just horrible

^^^ after seeing that picture, I get the "swoosh too low" argument now. Not aesthetically pleasing... well the whole shoe isn't either

I have hope for the XII. I couldn't find a color way of the XI I liked enough to buy when I realized I just didn't like the XI. These have a little more potential IMO.

Yeah, we're on Two Completely Opposite Ends of the Spectrum, bruh. Lol

The X's are right up there w/ the V's as Worst in the LBJ Line. Those two are ahead of the pack & it's not even close. 
sick.gif
Hey if we all liked the same thing we'd truly be sheep, I respect that you like something diff

Nike gotta make sure these are perfect (fit wise) before these drop. They gotta make up for the 11s. The 11s are popular but I could only imagine how big they would've been if bron wore em every game.

I'm just disappointed in the whole design period. I really wish these could be the soldiers or just some sample. Maybe they are. If this is the actual 12, it will be a one and done for me until there is an elite. As a predominant LeBron sneakerhead, I'm not happy about the design, but at the end of the day the product isn't made for me. I will most likely use the period of the 12 to catch up on older stuff.

I truly love the 11s even though I only bought two pairs (TW & KP), really want the Aways, slept on them and maybe even the ASG's but I have hope for these. I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the silhouette, I'm waiting for a traditional black/red color way on these for me to really evaluate them. All those color ways popping up that have nothing to do with LeBron or the Heat really doesn't do anything for me, nor does it help the model.

Will reserve judgement until we see actual pictures, but it basically looks like a deflated 9 at this point. That too-low Swoosh...

Nike gotta make sure these are perfect (fit wise) before these drop. They gotta make up for the 11s. The 11s are popular but I could only imagine how big they would've been if bron wore em every game.
I would think fit wouldn't be as much of an issue because they're not using posite material for the XIIs, which is much less forgiving. Looks like it's gonna be some type of mesh/hyperfuse combo, but that's just a guess on my part.

When was the last time you were in this thread @PharaohRache? Either your way behind or you just got out of a comma or something
laugh.gif
jk btw
Lmao, my first time being in this thread lol I've been reading every article that came out regarding these 12s though. My love for the 11s is real, I feel like the majority of this generation is missing out on their version of the greatest player on the planet by chasing retro's of which they have no idea of but they wanna be part of the hype. Oh well, makes it easier for me to buy LeBron's shoes.

So these 12s, I really hope they continue to impress with the color ways and design. Personally, I'm feeling the design of the shoe from the uppers to the hated midsole (wherever it is) and the outsole looks dope to me. I just need some black/red in there and bam, they got me. Of course if the price stays within reach, anything more than $200 and the color way has to be beyond dope and I will easily limit myself to one pair.

Looks like we will be seeing quite a few shoes with this new "Hex" pattern sole:

Nike Zoom Fit Agility

Back
Top Bottom