The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
XI feel cheap
laugh.gif

as opposed to KD VI's?
I won't use cheap, but the looks of the XIs fool me all the time about how they should feel.

When I look at them, they look like tanks. In my mind I think they're heavy. When I go to pick them up they're light as 4377. I always said they trick you like movie prop dumbells

Now, I love the KD6 but them things truly feel cheap. You step hard enough and the toebox develops a sinkhole

The XI's are by far the cheapest lebron's I have ever purchased. The price was very unjustified but I did purchase only one pair due to the fact that nike just got greedy. $275 for elites (please).
Hopefully people like this aren't in charge of anything important, because if they are, we're ******

I won't use cheap, but the looks of the XIs fool me all the time about how they should feel.

When I look at them, they look like tanks. In my mind I think they're heavy. When I go to pick them up they're light as 4377. I always said they trick you like movie prop dumbells

Now, I love the KD6 but them things truly feel cheap. You step hard enough and the toebox develops a sinkhole

If the shoe is well cushioned with lunarlon and full length zoom, with hyperposite panels, AND feels light, isn't that a plus in anyone's book? I certainly appreciate how well cushioned it is and protective it is without feeling like strapping a brick on my foot, but that's just me.

Those Cavs PEs better actually be the "double helix" color way, can't wait to see the elite champ version of these :nerd: (assuming there is one)

If the shoe is well cushioned with lunarlon and full length zoom, with hyperposite panels, AND feels light, isn't that a plus in anyone's book? I certainly appreciate how well cushioned it is and protective it is without feeling like strapping a brick on my foot, but that's just me.
 I was just talking from a hand/eye "pick things up, and put them down" kinda aspect. They don't feel as heavy as they look is all

Isn't this one of those renderings that's been floating around?

They do need to make one with a wine upper for real though 

Can't stand gold based shoes. That's way too much gold. Would be perfect if gold was used sporadically as an accent. Digging the wine red though.

Not in everyone's book........ I prefer a heavier shoe for impact protection/absorption. IV's have me very well for years. V's and Vi's do well too. (plus soldier III and IV's).

Some glue jobs on the XIs were shaky, at best...but as a whole, the shoe really is a tank. I've beaten the crap out of a couple pairs and with a few swipes of the magic eraser, they look fresh.

Excuse my non-XII comment but I had to get my two cents in...

View media item 1222523

The XI's IMO, are worth every penny when constantly used for indoor basketball and become the most comfortable casual shoe... but not out the box.

I've played ball in my XIs on a constant basis and they just keep getting better. The hyperfuse-armorposite upper constantly molds to the foot due to heat, moisture, and wear/tear. The drop in midsole works great, stays stiff for accurate impact protection; therefore it's used when necessary, while the outsole stays low to the ground and worked best when weight is fully applied. The materials and build are spot on, from a durability point of view; which makes the XI's (IMO) the most advanced and well made quality product Nike Basketball has had in a long time. Now I know some of us has had shoddy manufacturing issues with NikeID, but c'mon, that's NikeID - what do you expect when a kid in China is custom making shoes following special instructions and not a factory line.

I'm saying this to then imply that, the XI's are really great for casual wear - until you really break them in.

After months of playing in my XIs, they feel amazing after transitioning from a goto balling shoe to everyday casual wear, actually the most comfortable casual shoe i've worn - no lie.

I know I may have gone on a rant and seemed to have rave about the XIs like it was the second coming of Christ, but I think we don't value of the XIs as much as we should, especially when rating it along side the rest of his line.

The XI is one of the best all-time Basketball shoes, so for people who don't have them and/or on the fence about the XIIs, do your self a favor and spend your money right on the XIs (any CW), worth every penny.

:rofl: You shouldn't have posted these pics @dwoodactennis

If you have to put six months of wear and tear on a shoe before it becomes bearable to wear, I wouldn't consider it one of best nike basketball products ever. Imo

I was never a fan of lunarlon for basketball. I have always felt like a more responsive shoe was needed for high level players. At the end of a 48 min nba game, the difference in comfort between lunar and air max 180 or others is very minimal at best. On the other hand, the loss in responsiveness with lunar is very noticeable in comparison. Imo

I felt the XI's felt cheap as well. Thats why i didnt cop. Since the XII's remind of the IV's and i hope they feel like them too. If not, I'll stick to the fours of IV's I still ball in.

I too felt like the 11 felt cheap in the sense that all it was, was a hollow upper with a drop in insert. But, as far as construction and materials, no they weren't cheap.

I was never a fan of lunarlon for basketball. I have always felt like a more responsive shoe was needed for high level players. At the end of a 48 min nba game, the difference in comfort between lunar and air max 180 or others is very minimal at best. On the other hand, the loss in responsiveness with lunar is very noticeable in comparison. Imo

I'm not a big fan of lunarlon alone, but full length zoom + lunarlon is something I really dig. Starts off mushy, but really nice once you break it in.

To stay on topic, it would've been nice if they experimented more with other foams with the XIIs. I can imagine cushlon with the zoom pods working well.

Last edited:
If you have to put six months of wear and tear on a shoe before it becomes bearable to wear, I wouldn't consider it one of best nike basketball products ever. Imo

That's what a lot of people don't get about posites. They are horrible out of the box, that's why I don't understand why Nike gave Lebron a posite based shoe when they know he likes to switch every game.

If you get past the break in period, posites are hands down some of the best performance kicks you'll ever own; and they are ultra durable. I played in my FP3's for about 3 years and I still ball in my Lebron 4's

My thoughts exactly.

Furthermore, this is the exact reason I am looking forward to, albeit with some hesitancy, for the remastered series of the retro Jordan line. With leather shoes, I know exactly what I am getting. However, with all of the new synthetic materials Nike is consistently using these days, there is no way that the value can be equal to that of leather as well. If a shoe is truly to perform, then it must show some resiliency, unlike with both the recent LeBron and Kobe's lines, which both suck in regard to durability and value.

Back
Top Bottom