The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Sup TC? LOL

Nice job with the Kobe autographs! I remember when Kobe wouldn't really sign for fans while he was with UpperDeck.

Got a question for a problem I'm having. On the pair of insoles that has the normal tongue (Play fast, I believe), I have a huge bubble on the insole. It's to the point where it raises my foot up in the shoe and I can barely wear them. Should I try to pop it with a needle or what? I don't wanna send them back because I know I won't get them replaced. Any ideas? The bubble is right above where the arch of the foot is.

people were saying that if you use a needle you want to insert it parallel to the footbed so you don't puncture the zoom air bag. someone else peeled the insole off of the entire thing and just reattached it without the bubble

Originally Posted by AZP

people were saying that if you use a needle you want to insert it parallel to the footbed so you don't puncture the zoom air bag. someone else peeled the insole off of the entire thing and just reattached it without the bubble

Appreciate it guys, didn't know other people had this problem as well.

spotted the Cheetahs at my local gym today. I must say, they really pop on the court.

Anyone in here have detailed performance impressions?

I've read some lukewarm reviews in the Sneaker Reviews thread and on the other site.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Hope Solo >>>> any of the Kobe 7 line so far 
tongue.gif

In all honesty, for those of you who dig the entire kobe line, is the 7 really an upgrade from either the 4,5, or 6.  I am not trying to be overly negative, but I am just having trouble warming up to these.  For my money I'll take two Kd4s all day over one of these concords/xmas/del sols,etc... Just not doing anything for me.
It is an upgrade to some people. Traction, cushioning, lockdown is good too. But to be perfectly honest about this, durability took a hit.
Personally the lace pressure really really hurt and you can't play "free". If you don't have troubles with the lace pressure and durability,
then yes it should be an upgrade to you. As I've said before, if it had a regular tongue it's perfect.

The 7s are a downgrade performance wise. They are IMO the best looking Kobe shoe ever, But they don't perform as well as the rest of the Kobe line. They are noticeably heavier, clunky, They rub on the inside of my feet cause blisters! I have had multiple pairs of every kobe shoe ever made and these are the only ones that gave me troubles. You can't lock your foot down in these because if you tie them to tight it hurts your foot, if you tie them too lose they don't give you that lock down feel. THE TRACTION ISNT BETTER THEN THE 6'S!!!!! I have gone back and forth between these, and the 6's traction is way better then the 7s. I hope the 8s go back to lower, lighter faster!

Originally Posted by thaolor

spotted the Cheetahs at my local gym today. I must say, they really pop on the court.

Anyone in here have detailed performance impressions?

I've read some lukewarm reviews in the Sneaker Reviews thread and on the other site.
you can check the reviews section in here as well. had a somewhat detailed perf review.

wow a lot of mixed reviews and bubble issue.
30t6p3b.gif
The play strong insole doesn't have that problem right? Is it uncomfortable with the play fast tongue as well? I hope that isn't the case for me. I'd hate to have those problems since I'm paying 2 bills for IDs.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by lockdown36

My favorite has been the kobe V.
right now my absolute favorite is the Kobe 6 overall. Performance wise they're all neck-neck
Originally Posted by thapointguy

30t6p3b.gif
The play strong insole doesn't have that problem right? Is it uncomfortable with the play fast tongue as well? I hope that isn't the case for me. I'd hate to have those problems since I'm paying 2 bills for IDs.
tired.gif
After feeling the digging on my feet I switched to the play fast since it has that more conventional tongue.
Same thing happened. I'm actually surprised it STILL happened. Oh well.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Welcome^^. This is the type of new member that I like to see. Such a break from the new guys who come in and say, "kool", or "dem sits iz ugly".
Definitely. Those type of new members annoy the hell out of me. Posting nonsense just to get their post count up.
30t6p3b.gif

I have a feeling that YOTD's are going to release like a week before the Galaxies. I just hope I'll be able to buy both pairs.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Hope Solo >>>> any of the Kobe 7 line so far 
tongue.gif

In all honesty, for those of you who dig the entire kobe line, is the 7 really an upgrade from either the 4,5, or 6.  I am not trying to be overly negative, but I am just having trouble warming up to these.  For my money I'll take two Kd4s all day over one of these concords/xmas/del sols,etc... Just not doing anything for me.
It is an upgrade to some people. Traction, cushioning, lockdown is good too. But to be perfectly honest about this, durability took a hit.
Personally the lace pressure really really hurt and you can't play "free". If you don't have troubles with the lace pressure and durability,
then yes it should be an upgrade to you. As I've said before, if it had a regular tongue it's perfect.
maybe the elites will have a regular tongue to help with the padding hehe

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by lockdown36

My favorite has been the kobe V.
right now my absolute favorite is the Kobe 6 overall. Performance wise they're all neck-neck
Originally Posted by thapointguy

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
After feeling the digging on my feet I switched to the play fast since it has that more conventional tongue.
Same thing happened. I'm actually surprised it STILL happened. Oh well.
sick.gif
+1 on the digging issue on both the play fast and strong insole. I also had the bubble problem in the play strong of my cheetahs. I had to peel the side of the insole and push the air out. I have to admit I was a little upset but at the same time happy I was able to get them at retail price. 

True indeed. How could they not have a release date yet, it's only a GR.
grin.gif
I'll just wait for the IDs to come anyway before I make any other purchases. Comfort is #1 priority and after hearing the downfalls of them, I wanna make sure it's a good fit for me. Big Bangs will be copped though lol

Back
Top Bottom