The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by sniper

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

You need to 'charge' them in some form of light source. All GITD products contain phosphors. The Kobe and LeBron ASGs this year contain only zinc sulfide while the KD ASGs have strontium aluminate...
Nerd Alert!
wow this post is crazy nerdy bro.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

How did you know about the chemical composition though? Does that explain why the KD4s glow brighter?
Haha! Undergrad & medical school, bro. You truly learn a lot of random crap...
As for knowing the compositions, I just deduced the hues of the soles themselves. Strontium aluminate gives off green & aqua hues while products containing zinc sulfide are usually diluted with other substances to be more cost effective. That's why you can place all three in the sun for the exact amount of time and the KDs will out-glow and outlast the other two...

Spoiler [+]
themoreyouknow.jpg
Nerd alert indeed but good info man!

Originally Posted by KingOfKicks805

an 240 for kobe galaxy is rape, i can get them with ease at 200 a pop. i already got 2 pairs tho, the kobe galaxy was a flop compared to the other galaxy pack shoes. not hating, its just the truth. waiting for the elites to drop to 150 or less, already saw them for 150+ tax @ the outlets during the kd n7 campout, hopefully they go down even more! need that black pair
happy.gif

Did I just read and understand your post correctly...? You saw Kobe Elites for $150 + tax?...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by bmoore34

Found the home and aways for $109.99!!!

elites?
nerd.gif
I don't mind someone saying they got a good deal on some kicks but at least if you're going to talk about it then you don't reply where you got them from if someone asked you is trash.. don't say anything at all then.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by jkim5157

Originally Posted by onlitwo

sold a pair of galaxies for $220 the other day

I guess I'll wait until I find it for $220........
you can have my pair for those SB's in your avi 
grin.gif
laugh.gif
i wouldnt trade any of my kobes for thoes SB's
everyone is different though

Originally Posted by airjordan23z

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by bmoore34

Found the home and aways for $109.99!!!

elites?
nerd.gif
I don't mind someone saying they got a good deal on some kicks but at least if you're going to talk about it then you don't reply where you got them from if someone asked you is trash.. don't say anything at all then.
grin.gif

exactly
30t6p3b.gif

^One of the best cw's and they didn't even release here in the US
30t6p3b.gif
...really hope Nike goes back to giving us better cw's with the VIII like they did with the V and VI
smile.gif
....the VII's had sooo much potential

Originally Posted by cubanref

^One of the best cw's and they didn't even release here in the US
30t6p3b.gif
...really hope Nike goes back to giving us better cw's with the VIII like they did with the V and VI
smile.gif
....the VII's had sooo much potential

x2, real nice!

Originally Posted by onlitwo

Recent pickup for retail. can't wait to get them! 
aghh! I want these.. where'd you buy them? I saw on eBay when they first came out for 265$ and I passed thought it was too much and I could find them cheaper later on now I never see them anywhere..

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

You need to 'charge' them in some form of light source. All GITD products contain phosphors. The Kobe and LeBron ASGs this year contain only zinc sulfide while the KD ASGs have strontium aluminate...
Nerd Alert!
wow this post is crazy nerdy bro.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

How did you know about the chemical composition though? Does that explain why the KD4s glow brighter?
Haha! Undergrad & medical school, bro. You truly learn a lot of random crap...
As for knowing the compositions, I just deduced the hues of the soles themselves. Strontium aluminate gives off green & aqua hues while products containing zinc sulfide are usually diluted with other substances to be more cost effective. That's why you can place all three in the sun for the exact amount of time and the KDs will out-glow and outlast the other two...

Spoiler [+]
themoreyouknow.jpg
laugh.gif
I definitely appreciate the scientific breakdown. Now the question is why would Nike do that? Shouldn't they have made it all the same type so it can flow brighter?

Originally Posted by CRH1979

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

I hope Nike knows how much they $@++## up the Kobe line this year.

laugh.gif
Its true though
laugh.gif
 they need to see that cw's make the shoes. I had 12 pairs of the VI vs 3 in the VII. Lebron and KD took my money this year
I need those YOTD's 
pimp.gif
devil.gif

yeah kobe line was terrible, performance mostly. some cool colorways, i only copped the cloaks and all star galaxies. the rest i didn't like. the cheetahs r ok but i have the grinches from the 6 and i kind of compared them so i didnt like the cheetah that much to keep it

Back
Top Bottom