The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Here is the style # for the shorts that match the xmas pair 451035-547...it was for the purple/volt pair

Originally Posted by cubanref

Here is the style # for the shorts that match the xmas pair 451035-547...it was for the purple/volt pair
where did u get these shorts? i tried looking up that style code on ndc but nothing pops up.  pics?? thanks!!

Originally Posted by XplosiveJeff

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by never wear them

Seriously...

But then again, negative comments usually outweigh positive feedback...

I been wearing mine casually non stop, and they feel comfortable. No complaints.
Same here, I've been wearing them with the other insoles and have no complaints at all (other than the bubble problem).  Very comfortable 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Wow, that's really pathetic from a QC point of view and especially for such an expensive sneaker.

Is this something you can detect without trying the Play Fast insole on inside the shoe? Like for instance by just taking the Play Fast inserts out of their holder will I be able to feel this air pocket by hand?

I am definitely looking out for this on my Cheetahs when I cop.

Yeah I can definitely feel it by hand. It kinda passes the eye though but once I tried them on there was no doubt.  It is only on the left one for me, I dno how other peoples were, but luckily it was only one.

Still don't have any regrets though, one little flaw doesn't bother me since its fixable.  Better than a bunch of glue stains like JB shoes 
laugh.gif

Heres a pic I tried to snap, as you can see it is elevated when it is supposed to be flat

For those with bumps in their inserts just peel off the insole as its only stuck on with glue and flatten out the air bubbles. Easy fix
^^ What he said
I had the same problem and thought about returning them also , just peel it out and flatten it

Seeing all the heat these are getting for being uncomfortable and not performing well I feel the need to chime in.  For a background, before these I strictly balled in the VIs this past year.  As for the fit I found these to be very similar in snug level to the VIs, it takes a wear or two to loosen them up a bit, the first time I played in them they were a tad stiff but nothing more than I felt with the VIs.  I'm guessing the people with the lace problems are wearing very thin socks,  I sport the dri-fit elites and also the new Jordan versions which are pretty much one in the same.  Straight out of the box I found these to be considerably more comfortable than the VI's, justifying paying the extra dough (used birthday coupon of course).  Just like the VI's I started out only wearing a single pair of socks and moved up to double socking due to the insole molding (more like flattening completely eventually) and with the VIIs I just double socked for the first time last night, so they do loosen up as well(double socking off the bat put alot of pressure on my toes and was very uncomfortable). 

I've played in these for about 15 hours so far. The heel lockdown I've felt to be on par and maybe slightly better than the VIs, traction is a noticeable improvement.  The biggest improvement I noticed the most is the bounce(response in the heel) and the stability in the VII's are much better compared to the VI and is a great trade off for the added weight.  I have only played in the "play fast" as I don't like the look of the ankle strap at all, but plan on IDing a pair of cushlon insoles. So far these seem much more durable as far as the insole not wearing out as fast and also getting stepped on is considerably less painful in the VIIs. 

The only complaint I have is the paint is very thin and will be removed upon first abrasion.  Keep the negative posts coming, more for the rest of us.  Can't wait for the shark release.  END RAMBLE

just found out that my right "play fast" insole has a bubble on the forefoot zoom bag too. for $180 this is what i get? it feels terrible while wearing and squeaks horribly loud. i personally like the "play strong" better, but seriously nike? just peeled off the insole and it was fixed immediately, thanks to whoever posted that! easy fix, but still, c'mon nike.

Originally Posted by marsloves

Originally Posted by XplosiveJeff

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Same here, I've been wearing them with the other insoles and have no complaints at all (other than the bubble problem).  Very comfortable 
pimp.gif

Yeah I can definitely feel it by hand. It kinda passes the eye though but once I tried them on there was no doubt.  It is only on the left one for me, I dno how other peoples were, but luckily it was only one.

Still don't have any regrets though, one little flaw doesn't bother me since its fixable.  Better than a bunch of glue stains like JB shoes 
laugh.gif

Heres a pic I tried to snap, as you can see it is elevated when it is supposed to be flat

For those with bumps in their inserts just peel off the insole as its only stuck on with glue and flatten out the air bubbles. Easy fix
^^ What he said
I had the same problem and thought about returning them also , just peel it out and flatten it

when u guys say peel out the insole what do you mean?  so first i take out the insoles from the shoe, then what do i do next? peel off the volt top layer? or do i remove the zoom air bag in the heel underneath?

what if there is a bump in the front (forefoot) of the insole?   

i dont think they're as much uncomfortable as they are just stiffer in comparison to the vis.

blackcat23mj wrote:

when u guys say peel out the insole what do you mean?  so first i take out the insoles from the shoe, then what do i do next? peel off the volt top layer? or do i remove the zoom air bag in the heel underneath?

what if there is a bump in the front (forefoot) of the insole?   
just peel off the volt insole by the toe, peel it off enough to go past the forefoot zoom bag then the bubble should be gone, i just did it and it worked perfectly although the insole doesn't stick back to the toe perfectly.

Just peel off the top layer out and squeeze the air out. Then put the layer back in place, thats what I did and no problems since. Hope that helps.

Yup I just peeled mine back as well, doesn't hurt the shoe at all. Hope I didn't come across as making a big deal about it, just wanted to show the pic for someone to see. Now I just wish I would have got a half size up

thanks jst628 lucho24 for the details...ill definitely check out my pairs and remedy it as needed. thanks for the clarification and thanks to OP for the tip.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by cubanref

where did u get these shorts? i tried looking up that style code on ndc but nothing pops up.  pics?? thanks!!

400264532.jpg

I got them at NTNY

Originally Posted by earvinkobe24

Seeing all of the complaints here about the bubble things in the insole makes me think that Im one of the few lucky ones who receive a "no bubble" insole.

Seriously...

But then again, negative comments usually outweigh positive feedback...

I been wearing mine casually non stop, and they feel comfortable. No complaints.

I also played in them for about 4x. Heel lockdown is great. The shoe doesnt have any problems when it comes to durability(considering Im a post player). Play Strong(ankle support) booty feels so great considering that I already sprained my ankle 2x. And I dont feel any pain when it comes to the lace touching the boot. Maybe its because of the socks youre using guys. Or I dont know, maybe just a lucky pair . HAHA.Only problem: the velcro touching the collar! But no worries, I already cut the excess velcro and it doesnt touch the collar anymore. 7>6

Originally Posted by deftronix

Seeing all the heat these are getting for being uncomfortable and not performing well I feel the need to chime in.  For a background, before these I strictly balled in the VIs this past year.  As for the fit I found these to be very similar in snug level to the VIs, it takes a wear or two to loosen them up a bit, the first time I played in them they were a tad stiff but nothing more than I felt with the VIs.  I'm guessing the people with the lace problems are wearing very thin socks,  I sport the dri-fit elites and also the new Jordan versions which are pretty much one in the same.  Straight out of the box I found these to be considerably more comfortable than the VI's, justifying paying the extra dough (used birthday coupon of course).  Just like the VI's I started out only wearing a single pair of socks and moved up to double socking due to the insole molding (more like flattening completely eventually) and with the VIIs I just double socked for the first time last night, so they do loosen up as well(double socking off the bat put alot of pressure on my toes and was very uncomfortable). 

I've played in these for about 15 hours so far. The heel lockdown I've felt to be on par and maybe slightly better than the VIs, traction is a noticeable improvement.  The biggest improvement I noticed the most is the bounce(response in the heel) and the stability in the VII's are much better compared to the VI and is a great trade off for the added weight.  I have only played in the "play fast" as I don't like the look of the ankle strap at all, but plan on IDing a pair of cushlon insoles. So far these seem much more durable as far as the insole not wearing out as fast and also getting stepped on is considerably less painful in the VIIs. 

The only complaint I have is the paint is very thin and will be removed upon first abrasion.  Keep the negative posts coming, more for the rest of us.  Can't wait for the shark release.  END RAMBLE
i appreciate your input (i really do.. not just saying it for the sake of it), however i'd like to say that everyone's feet are different and will react differently to every shoe. 
i'm IDing a few more zk6's until i can get my hands on a pair of zk7 for $140 (have 0 interest in the play strong, so i'm waiting for a regular pair to release i don't even care what colour), then i will make my decision on which shoe i want to use in 2012. i have no problems in balling in the zk6, they are just amazing once broken in. i have no issue with traction where i play, and if i go to a court that i know sucks, i'll bring my zk4 
smokin.gif

After Seeing NWT's Concord photos i had to pick them up, There
pimp.gif
but it seems like that mesh under layers gonna get dirty Fast Like the 6's, any suggestions?

What happened with some NTer's Xmas pair that had the upper outrigger/teeth pulled off? Were pics ever posted?
I wasn't able to take a picture before I returned it.
frown.gif

I have to tell you though, it's really bad. like not only the
teeth separated but the midsole as well.
indifferent.gif

like @@#. that was 2 games in, indoors and got stepped
on once.

this area separated. who's gonna be happy with that. never happened in the zk1/4/5/6

Originally Posted by deftronix

nah. I double sock. dri fit Nikes.

might have just been a fluke pair...there was that one guy with the ZK6s that completely tore thru his midsole if anyone remembers

Back
Top Bottom