The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Im sorry if its been asked, but how do these fit? I wear a 8.5 in AM95s and most other sneakers...plz and thank you

people with wide feet, anyone else experiencing pain after the first wear??? my bro and i both have had our skin cut after wearing the vii's (both soles) for the first time.. and we wear thick socks not flimsy ones.. disappointed in these shoes.. guess i'll go back to the v's! haha

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

Im sorry if its been asked, but how do these fit? I wear a 8.5 in AM95s and most other sneakers...plz and thank you

True to size. Get the 8.5.

Originally Posted by josh24

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

I got you D

Image6.png
wt15z.gif

roll.gif

My defects on my xmas kobes came from hooping, not just two casual wears, but still TWO hoop sessions and they fall apart. That's what they are made for, to hoop in.

My weight was not a factor 5'11 170lbs.

People have been saying "can't you just exchange the defective XMAS kobe with nike." Yea I could, but then I would be out of a pair of xmas kobes to get a regular pr. That's like exchanging a pair of grinches for the team grey/pine green vi. I'm jus gonna have to glue mine too ,but ill keep them. And jus find an extra pair.

I haven't seen or heard of anybody having issues in other colorways. But I have seen NASTY scuffs on the midsoles after playing in them. Like scuffs where the midsole paint comes right off.
Today I tried on a pair or regular ,not supremes ,kobe vii's the blk/wht/gry . I don't have wide feet and fit almost painfully tight. Play fast insoles are uncomfortable. no cushioning

What kind of pants are those? The bottom doesn't look like its too wide. I have a few pairs of warm up type pants and the bottoms are huge.

tons of complaints about these... Not surprised. sad Avar lost his touch on this one.
Hopefully we'll get another perfect sig with the 8.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

What kind of pants are those? The bottom doesn't look like its too wide. I have a few pairs of warm up type pants and the bottoms are huge.

I forget the name, but they're Nike pants, NSW. They were released around when Nike first started pushing the destroyer apparel.

I have the Cheetahs and I love the play strong insert with them but they are tearing up the sock liner of the shoe. Its so bad Im temped to switch out to the play fast but the volt sock looks so much better!

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

tons of complaints about these... Not surprised. sad Avar lost his touch on this one.
Hopefully we'll get another perfect sig with the 8.

I don't necessarily think Eric lost his touch. I honestly believe the man just sits by his desk drawing shoes all day... The fact is that when Kobes first came out, there wasn't a big hype for them as there is now, so they were given a fair price, had good performance and were made of quality products, the shoes did what they were supposed to do, which is help you play basketball at a competitive level. I'm talking about the the Huarache 2k4 btw, Probably my all time favorite basketball sneaker (wish I still owned a pair) before all of the hype. Fast forward till today, Kobe has his 7th signature sneaker and the shoe doesn't perform as great, cost an arm and a leg, and by the looks of it probably costs 2 bucks to make. I rather ball in Crazy 8s by addidas that were made way more than a decade ago than to ball in my Kobe vii's, at least they wont rip after a game and if they did, I wouldn't be that mad because they cost me 100 bucks instead of 180. What I'm trying to say is, Hype ruins the sneakers, take JB for example and their retros... they suck, you don't see anyone playing in a retro for a whole season. As of now and for the future, I don't expect new Kobe's to be good basketball sneakers anymore, Nike did what they wanted to do and lured people in slowly, now they got us! we are willing to pay anything! for some shoes that cant even do what they are intended to do.... smh at Nike! smh at myself also for continuing to buy these joints lol.... that's my rant

Originally Posted by Vitoman

I have the Cheetahs and I love the play strong insert with them but they are tearing up the sock liner of the shoe. Its so bad Im temped to switch out to the play fast but the volt sock looks so much better!
yeh man, the velrco is crazy.
I'mma have to put a strip of clear tape around the sockliner part so that it won't destroy the kicks

I somewhat agree with you.

The thing is... With Nike, and they've proven this time after time... Reinventing themselves is what brings people in. It's a fact. That's what they live by...

Now... Each and every Zoom Kobe has had a new feature. From a Free sole to interchangeable insoles.

I wish every Kobe performed like the ZK5 and 6... But as a major vendor, you HAVE to switch it up at times (these 7s aren't bad at all)
Granted, your gonna have other Bball shoes with that classic zoom setup (hyperdunks, hyper fuse, etc...)
... But you can not continue and be repetitive with Elite sigs/players that bring in that $$$... That's why they continue that performance strategy on other models to sucker ppl in on "those".... while maintaining and keeping the "fan favorite" consumers stuck on the Big sigs.

And yes.... The Huarache 2K4 is the greatest Bball shoe ever... IMO lol.

Its always different strokes for different folks. Alot yall love the VIs, I hated playing in those things( they felt like running shoes with no lockdown) I think the Kobe IV was the best of the line.

I havent played in my Kobe VII yet but I was kinda hoping this years model would be a 2k4 revisted or a Kobe IV with fuse and forefoot zoom.

Back
Top Bottom