The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

05/05/12 Zoom Kobe VII System Court Purple/Wolf Grey-Tour Yellow-Black $140 488371-500

Lakers PDF?

Nice. Hated the 5/19 launch date. Will they be fair game on swoosh?

Originally Posted by Stokesey

Anyone else found the VII really stiff straight out of the box?? Got the Sharks and they KILLED my feet the first time i wore them, so went half size up for my next pair (cloaks) but have yet to break them out...

I really think its like luck of the draw....My sharks, felt great out of the box.. no breaking in require...
My cloaks took about 4 wears and had to re adjust sole to get them to feel right..
Galaxys were stiff but they loosened up in 1 day compared to cloaks 4.
I'm eyeing the aces, right now there just sitting where I live.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by al3x89

look at what we have here

i ended up buying a pair of kobe 7's with the birthday discount code posted a few pages back (thanks for that!)

these shoes feel BETTER than the zk5/6.. they're a mixed breed of both those IMO.

i went 1/2 size up, and i don't feel any pressure in my arch

i haven't played in them yet (knee injury.. smh) but once i do, i'll be sure to add my thoughts.

here's my NWT-esque pic.. got the dukes!
33xfriw.jpg
Congrats on the pick up! Do you have any royal blue laces you can swap in?

Can't seem to find a pair, but if I do, I'll post a pic
And to the guy that says they feel stiff, I went 1/2 size up compared to my zk6 because they were tight as hell (narrow wise).. They aren't stiff at all. Also, I do not feel any pressure in my arch like I did when I tried on the pair earlier this year in my regular size (11)

My sharks feel great out of the box...Galaxies are still in the box, haven't tried them yet...

@WINNZZ - how much were they in Shanghai?

just got my pdf from ndc and I'm taking them back. Just can't see me ever wearing them. Came to the conclusion they are absolutely ugly. Tried my best to like them, but couldnt.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

05/05/12 Zoom Kobe VII System Court Purple/Wolf Grey-Tour Yellow-Black $140 488371-500

Lakers PDF?

Nice. Hated the 5/19 launch date. Will they be fair game on swoosh?

Don't believe they are, I don't like them anyways.

YOTD are ugly as hell...I saw some kid with them last week at the mall, glad they didn't drop here.

Originally Posted by The S the L the I the M

Stopped by the Citadel outlet in LA.
Looks like someone returned some sz9.5 Aces!
Too bad they were too big, or no extra 30 on the hash wall.
was there anything else good there? did you see the T shirt stock?

sadly this year's Kobes have been fairly average colourwise, Cloaks, Wolf Greys,Aces and Homes have been the best executed for me. Sadly the traditional Kobe colourways (inlines and del sols) were pretty poor and those pdfs are awful - worst Kobe colourways in years. The sharks were ok but the rest have been pretty average at best

PDF's are just sitting here in Milwaukee. had them at champs and footlocker, ftl probably had a fsr. hope they go on sale at some point, then i'd cop.

Went back to HOH (after passing last weekend) & tried on Mint PDF's...couldn't do it, even with the bday coupon. I oddly felt lukewarm to both sharks & mint pdf's on foot...weird cuz I actually like both colorways. Will grab both for ball only at outlet prices if they end up there.

Anyway, finally got these for a decent price, imo.. $210 auction win:

-Pete

Had to cop the PDFs, couldn't help myself. I love 'em, had to grab the shorts too so I can have somethin other than all black to wear wit em

Originally Posted by fLiPnOtiZe

Went back to HOH (after passing last weekend) & tried on Mint PDF's...couldn't do it, even with the bday coupon. I oddly felt lukewarm to both sharks & mint pdf's on foot...weird cuz I actually like both colorways. Will grab both for ball only at outlet prices if they end up there.

Anyway, finally got these for a decent price, imo.. $210 auction win:

-Pete
damn...that's a nice deal.

How did I miss that auction
mad.gif
  been trying to find a 11.5 cheetah pair like forever

^Yeah man I was looking at the seller's 11 & two 11.5's...all 3 ended around 9am est a week ago. The one I won ended at the highest price too...the others went for $199 & $205.

-Pete

many i really regret passing on the christmas, i saw them in stores like 2 months after they were released but didnt want them

the price in the cheetah's will go pretty low for now (around retail and a bit higher) and then rise back in price in a few years so if you want em might as well scoop em now before they hike back up

Originally Posted by al3x89

look at what we have here

i ended up buying a pair of kobe 7's with the birthday discount code posted a few pages back (thanks for that!)

these shoes feel BETTER than the zk5/6.. they're a mixed breed of both those IMO.

i went 1/2 size up, and i don't feel any pressure in my arch

i haven't played in them yet (knee injury.. smh) but once i do, i'll be sure to add my thoughts.

here's my NWT-esque pic.. got the dukes!
33xfriw.jpg
Nice pic of this....
pimp.gif

Got the mint PDF's today. My wife bought them for me for my birthday. Love the look of them on foot. I wasn't sure how popular they would be here in Australia, but Foot Locker had plenty left and even has a few pairs of Cheetahs there still too. The Lakers PDF's came out here yesterday but I didn't like those as much as the mint PDF's.

I've gotten a few pairs, haven't really worn them. Finally did, and wow, the comfort level of these is not good IMO. They hug way too tight around the ankle and just in general don't feel good to me. Kobe 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7

I have yet to wear my pair outdoors. But so far, it seems that on my TTS pair, my heel kinda slips, while the pair that I went a half size up, it doesn't. Kinda confused. Also, I hate how the insert by the first lace holes fold when I wear them, I have to poke through the laces to make it right.

I keep watching auctions of the Cheetahs but I never pull the trigger (partially because I find other deals at the last minute for other shoes...LOL) maybe some day I will snag some.

Originally Posted by msw1233

I've gotten a few pairs, haven't really worn them. Finally did, and wow, the comfort level of these is not good IMO. They hug way too tight around the ankle and just in general don't feel good to me. Kobe 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7
IMO 5s>>>6s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7s.  The 7s are so tight i went a FULL size up.  People say they break in, but i've worn my other 7s for quite a bit now and they still hurt at a half size up.

Back
Top Bottom