The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

cop what you like who cares if its ON SALE or NOT
:pimp:

You really believe this? There are plenty of shoes where I passed for retail and only copped them after they hit a certain price point.

What's wrong with that thinking? Might be wrong financial move (everybody likes to save money) but if you like a colorway or shoe in particular you're not going to wonder if they'll go on sale before you buy them especially with the limited colorways or ones that might sell out, out of the blue. I know quite a few ppl that waited until they went on sale but missed out when they sold out fast and was kicking themselves for waiting.

I bought the blue and yellow pair (GR at that) release day with bday coupon mind you because i really liked them (#$%& hype or because everybody likes them). Might hit you later when they are under $100 but it is what it is. If I had a crystal ball I might have waited :rolleyes I'm sure some ppl bought the Elites at retail didn't think they would go on sale either, they bought them because they liked them or just to resell. :lol:

What's wrong with that thinking? Might be wrong financial move (everybody likes to save money) but if you like a colorway or shoe in particular you're not going to wonder if they'll go on sale before you buy them especially with the limited colorways or ones that might sell out, out of the blue. I know quite a few ppl that waited until they went on sale but missed out when they sold out fast and was kicking themselves for waiting.
I bought the blue and yellow pair (GR at that) release day with bday coupon mind you because i really liked them (#$%& hype or because everybody likes them). Might hit you later when they are under $100 but it is what it is. If I had a crystal ball I might have waited :rolleyes I'm sure some ppl bought the Elites at retail didn't think they would go on sale either, they bought them because they liked them or just to resell. :lol:

yeah. with limited shoes, first day cops are a must. but with unhyped GR's, waiting to cop can def be beneficial.

like with the blue/yellow's you copped. if you wanted em bad enough to scoop em on RD, more power to ya but we all know they'll be on sale in a few months for 75-100 bux. i'm still holdin out for the fireberry vii's and i REALLY like em but the general consensus seems to hate on on em which is great for someone in my position.

its all about accurately judging the hype surrounding certain shoes.

The last couple of weekends, I've played ball in these ZKVII. They were extremely stiff from first wear. I thought they needed time to break in but each time I wear them, they get more and more uncomfortable. I'm pretty disappointed in my pair and will probably try to return them if I can. They hurt my foot so bad today, I had to change shoes. I usually play for 2+ hrs each time so I would have thought by today's third wear, that they would have gotten better. I've own every Kobe shoe since they've release and these are by far the worst performing (best were the ZKV). For those that hoop in ZKVII, do they take awhile to break in?

Last edited:
they do take a bit to break in, i would say 2-3 wears at least thats what it took for me.

they dont perform great so if you already didnt like them after a few wears i dont expect them to please you down the line IMO

[quote name="JoeYeezy" url="/t/325537/the-official-nike-zoom-kobe-vii-thread-vol-2-home-3-31-elites-and-pdfs/14130#post_16302857"]Any word on a Think Pink/Kay Yow release yet?[/quote]

more recently i remember him losing in the playoffs in the VI yellows (the brooms or the sweeps) and VII lakers pdf right? and im a kobe fan. hopefully the upcoming season will be different, cant wait!!!
call it what you want, i'm not saying we need 3 of each, but how are you gonna complain about them dropping too many colorways?

I'm not trying to start anything. If people like more colorways I am happy for them. What I'm trying to say is that so many colorways these days are so gimmicky. Back in the day there'd be 3-4 colorways tops. And those colorways were often worn during historic runs. MJ wore the white cement III's during the slam dunk contest. Jordan wore the bred XII's during his "flu game." Jordan wore the black/true red vii's during his famous shrug. What has Kobe ever done in the poison dart frog? What has he done in the cheetahs?

I know some people don't care if a shoe ties into anything, but focusing on less colorways and making them really solid would make me happier.

Last edited:
more recently i remember him losing in the playoffs in the VI yellows (the brooms or the sweeps) and VII lakers pdf right? and im a kobe fan. hopefully the upcoming season will be different, cant wait!!!

I'm not trying to start anything. If people like more colorways I am happy for them. What I'm trying to say is that so many colorways these days are so gimmicky. Back in the day there'd be 3-4 colorways tops. And those colorways were often worn during historic runs. MJ wore the white cement III's during the slam dunk contest. Jordan wore the bred XII's during his "flu game." Jordan wore the black/true red vii's during his famous shrug. What has Kobe ever done in the poison dart frog? What has he done in the cheetahs?

I know some people don't care if a shoe ties into anything, but focusing on less colorways and making them really solid would make me happier.

You just quoted me without quoting.

GM's on the 29th, along with the Bron X's, KDIV's, and 2012 Hyperdunks.

probably getting the kobe's and KD's.

GM's on the 29th, along with the Bron X's, KDIV's, and 2012 Hyperdunks.
probably getting the kobe's and KD's.
any1 know what kinda releases there goin to be???.....general or limited??.....tryina figure out if my chances of get more than 1 different sig is goin to be possible!!!!!...thanks

Good traction but damn these are the stiffest shoes in the entire Kobe line

Kobe must have specifically requested the shoes to feel stiffer and bottom heavier because shoes like this make your leg feel more secure and stronger when moving laterally

ok the 29th isnt too far off. GM's droppin that day or not?

wish some type of solid info would surface on the damn things...

ANOTHER PAIR OF CHEETAHS!!
Nike Zoom Kobe VII
Wolf Grey/Photo Blue-Black Cool Grey
488371-006
$140
10/06/12

source: SneakerNews

i really like the grey blue cheetahs...those or the GM though? or just pass and wait on the new lines releasing soon...hmmmm

wow so the TBs really do have the elite pattern. nice.
ndc put 3 colors up recently. i thought eastbay just had photoshopped images :lol:

The new cheetah could've been the dark knights, Nike should've incorporated the cloaks colorway but instead of teal-prple they made it metallic blck-nptne blue then take off the cheetah print.

Back
Top Bottom