The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Yeah, i was bored so i remade Kanye "everything i am"

im getting damn good at sampling
pimp.gif

The Musicboxx appreciates the loves yall showed 2 the track ....

Encore... "Never Again" is reaaaal nice. I'm a R&B/Pop type of person, myself... So I am in love with this. Those smoothsynths mixed with that lil guitar is so dope. Is all this original, or are some stuff like the guitar sampled? Either way, really nice. I'd like to hearthe full track. Added you on MySpace, too, by the way.

^
the beginning guitar lick is sampled from a guitar riff in 1 of the Just Blaze kits i had in my stash

the beginning guitar lick is sampled from a guitar riff in 1 of the Just Blaze kits i had in my stash
laugh.gif
I knew it. But yea this sounds ill. REALLY ILL. Thosesynths are really similar to Thievery Corporations "Serve Chilled". I added you (Half Amazin')
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Some Constructive Criticism:
(since no one ever got better from 'this track is fire' comments)

The Encore -
Nice track, a bit bland for me... might throw something else in the mix, a bit too airy and cosmic... even though thats what you said in your description. Theonly other thing is the drums are a bit low in the mix for me, they might hit harder if you brought them out a bit/ threw on a bit of subtle compression. BUTnice track, def well done.

ps2child -
For The win - Feelin this track a lot... sample is nice and drums are on point. Actually, im really feelin your drums on this, the change is sick, but thesecond kick that you bring in after the switch is a bit weaker than i would like it to be, might bring in something a bit heavier. Ill track tho.

PUSHA
Im sure you already know, that Galactic wars is ill, one some original type tip. Matter of fact a lot of these beats are sick. Im not sure how much im feelinthe drums, somethin a bit bigger and with a bit more reverb might feel better IMO. im just grasping at straws tho
wink.gif

L-dot:
His Majesty - Nice sample - nice intro... expecting a break soon... soundin like some good mornin drums... I want this track to break a little more, needsanother level to me, and im not feelin that hat that you added in there, doesnt really fit in the mix and its soundin real computerized to me. And i wouldbring the volume up a bit on the whole thing, pretty quite master level. Tight track though, would love to hear an mc on it.

** IM GRASPING AT STRAWS HERE... so dont take offense please! just know that people telling me my beats are good is a lot less helpful than people tellin methe worst parts about them.

Also, ive never posted here, so let me know what you think of some ofmy work

^ There are times where your drums are at the edge of compression where it sounds right and not OD and then theres a track like Bang Out where it is.

I'm Not a fan of ya style too much talking in the beat from the OG samp. which is a reason im not a fan of Kanye or Heatmakerz. Like Gutter Music iwould've never done ol girl is sayin a whole verse
laugh.gif
But you pull itoff where it sounds melodic and musical on tracks like life after death and Get Ya Bars Up.

Nothin really made me say WOW but your beats aren't bad either

3/5

Originally Posted by Equaztion

^ There are times where your drums are at the edge of compression where it sounds right and not OD and then theres a track like Bang Out where it is.

I'm Not a fan of ya style too much talking in the beat from the OG samp. which is a reason im not a fan of Kanye or Heatmakerz. Like Gutter Music i would've never done ol girl is sayin a whole verse
laugh.gif
But you pull it off where it sounds melodic and musical on tracks like life after death and Get Ya Bars Up.

Nothin really made me say WOW but your beats aren't bad either

3/5

Alright Thanks for the input
pimp.gif

On a side note: feelin a lot of your tracks especially the bright eyes sample. Would prefer a little bit more hip hop in the drums but its a nicetrack.

Mayor- The last beat is on point, the drop was jus a lil long. the my lovin beat though i was waiting for the beat too drop but it never did so it was kind ofrepetitive. Good stuff though

Stack Kerouac Beats - cool beatsbut they just sound like drum over samples. Drums lack, they remind me of some old DipSet type joint. Alot of cats are going for that sound though. Thanks forthe criticism man. I really dig it. I really just started trying to play the piano in my tracks and stop sampling to further my skill. The joint on my pagehavent been mixed so I know you're talking about. The hats was what I was going for. Oh, there's a song recorded as well. Will post soon.

iThirdWorld - The intro was a little too long. I thought I wasn't gonna like it, but that rhodes pattern soundsreally good. I don't know if you aiming at a Hip-Hop type of track but if so, some good fast drums would really give it that Twista feel.

Equaztion - The beat is pretty good and it fits the track well. BUT...the beat is major key which means more it's auplifting/uptempo style and that song is very minor because the girl is on a downward spiral, so it's actually the opposite a (minor key). Try a moredepressing beat, lol.

THE GREAT SHAKE - The synth is decent BUT those drums gotta go, man. Or at least make em thump. The drums really takeaway from those synths you have.

Nothing Before - Good job. The drum switch ups are really interesting. The synths that come in are also prettyimpressive. Just work on your arrangement. It doesn't sound like something you could give someone (which can be good thing at times. Sounds fresh) but itsounds like a musical composition instead of well.. a song.

Some new/old beats..Feedback please

No. 1 Choice - An R&B joint I'm shoppin right now.

West Side Story - West Coast Love Story

Dragons - Sample I got from here

No. 1 Choice is...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You play those keys? That $%%+ is fly. Props for that one.

And dude with the auto-play YouTube joint needs to quit.

aj232kb8 - Not my favorite particular genre of music, but the beat/production is sick. Great job.

The Great Shake - Not bad, but I would suggest adding a little more variation on that beat for a particular verse or the ending to make itsound less monotonous. Also, tweak the eq on the drums to make them sound more dynamic.

Ballin4life - Out of the three, I like Broken Cries the best. The change a little bit after the halfway mark was nice, but I would suggestadding another instrument to compliment the piano loop at certain parts. When I heard the beat, the first thing that came to me was an electric guitar, butI've been crazy over guitars recently. Work on the mix for Vaugs Requirm a bit because it's too loud.

PushaV- I thought I had commented earlier, but those beats were sick. It's good to see you're improving by the beat. Galactic Wars wasmy favorite. When I get back to STL we need to get together and collab to see what both of us can come up with.

Hypebeast McStreetwear - WestSide Love Story has that Dr. Dre bounce/feel to it. I think the bassline would sound a little better if the noteswere a little higher, but maybe that's just me.

I remixed the intro to American Gangster. I don't know if it's going to make the NT American Blackout album or not, but I'll post it nonetheless.Feedback always welcome.
Intro(The Genesis)/I'm A Bachelor

Originally Posted by THEBIGJUICE

Check out my new beats:

"learn about it"
and
"california's finest"
The Juice on MySpace

also look out for my new electronic album, "skeletummy," coming real soon

�BIGJUICE im feeling the beat...i was spittin to it

i finally came thru with a new beat....constructive criticism wanted..thanks in advance

Mayor Of NYC: Your stuff be soundin so weird, but it has like an untapped potential
laugh.gif
. Once you get your beat patterns together, you'll be good.

THEBIGJUICE: "Learn About It" was smooth, had a neptunes type vibe to it. "Cali's Finest" would sound better sped up.

aJ232Kb8: That %!!+ scared me....

NothingBefore: I liked it, but it wasn't consistant at all, like a whole bunch of different patterns thrown together sequentially.

ithirdworld: that first house track you posted was nice, but I felt like the drum pattern had left it for too long at one point.

(ANY FEEDBACK is appreciated, and if I didn't give your beat none, I'll promise to leave some for you if you leave some for mine, I just gotta dohomework for PSY.)
Check out (this is the link) "Antagonized" and "ToMars"

You will not be dissapointed (give To Mars about 50 seconds to get into the beat
pimp.gif
).... straight...

_39435472_crack203.jpg

^ Your style is very electronica influenced and your bringing something ive never heard before to the table and even though i listen that genre im not reallyfeelin those two new beats you posted ... Like i said before Kelis would be perfect on your beats but i think you need better buildups and instrumentationyour beats also take too long to drop.

I listened to all your beats and it seems like you rely on one to two instruments per transition try using more instruments.

You got major potential and i hope my comments werent too harsh coming from someone who's not better than you at composing.
happy.gif

Peace

Btw what equipment/refills/VST's are u using?

Originally Posted by Equaztion

^ Your style is very electronica influenced and (1) your bringing something ive never heard before to the table and even though i listen that genre im not really feelin those two new beats you posted ... Like i said before Kelis would be perfect on your beats but i think you need better buildups and instrumentation (2)your beats also take too long to drop.

I listened to all your beats and it (3)seems like you rely on one to two instruments per transition try using more instruments.

(4)You got major potential and i (5)hope my comments werent too harsh coming from someone who's not better than you at composing.
happy.gif

Peace

(6)Btw what equipment/refills/VST's are u using?

1. I think so too, I try to be different, to set myself apart from others.

2. That's true for some of the beats I have posted up.

3. I would but I don't wanna clutter the beat, I just gotta learn when and where to plug in the patterns. I try to rely on bass a lot too.

4. Thanks

5. Naw, I need them to get better.

6. Fruity Loops and some packs I bought off eBay
laugh.gif
. I don't usea keyboard or nothin, just a mouse and a subwoofer and four small speakers.
EDIT: I'd leave a comment on yours but I'm usin a mac in my collegelibray and I can't listen to them because it can't find a TMP or some crap.

Back
Top Bottom