The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Mez-- "Over here" is sick. I LOVE the sample you have in there, it especially makes for a nice intro. My only suggestion would be to change thelittle back and forth you have on your synths for the chorus. As soon as the drums drop, your synths are hanging on D for two bars and then jump up a third toF for two bars, and alternate like that. My suggestion would be to change that up for the chorus-- stay on that D (or you could bolster your synth by adding aD in a lower octave) and then instead of jumping up to F, jump down to B flat. trust me, it would make this beat a lot more epic. That said, I like this a lotso far.

Camiliano crown is nice and straight forward. I like the subtle strings on the chorus. In my opinion, the second verse needs some more... the vocal sample doesget a little tedious. I like the little drop out a little bit into the second verse... it helps.

I also really like "untitled". I think the bass drum hits one too many times, but it has a really nice overall polished feel. good work.

Shizzmyster- "Horizons" has that cool ATCQ feel, that midnight marauder kind of feel. I'm digging it a lot. Try to tighten up those strings inthe background so the fall into a part where it makes sense.

"from my feet" is smooth but in my opinion jumps around a bit too much without much to tie it together. If you're gonna lay those samples likethat, you need something to create a better coherence. Nice vibe, though.

digital022-- "Tyner" is cool, but obviously not finished. you have all the elements, but I think your bassline sits weird with me.

Here's something that I was working on a while ago, but never got around to finishing entirely. Let me know what you think:

Good looks Juice, I kept that Camil track simple since its just an outro...I'll mess around with OVER HERE though to see how different it'll sound.

I think the beat you posted would sound a lot better with some uptempo drums, unless its some r and b @%@!.

Hey everyone I have a question for you all. I don't want to sound to cliche, but...I want to start making beats, similar to a Madlib or Jay Dee sound. Whatprograms and/or machines do you recommend STARTING out with?

Bootleg Reason or FL Studio and see if it's really something you're willing to put the time into learning. Then maybe buy some hardware... butseriously, don't go all in unless you feel capable. Everyone always says "I could make beats" but it's actually very, very difficult for mostpeople.

Mez-- I know, I kinda just put those drums in because I'm lazy and I hadn't thought of anything better yet. I honestly don't like doing drums forseveral reasons, one of which being my drums are pretty dated. Dunno, thanks for the feedback tho...

I've tried fruity loops, the sounds just don't sound real to me. I have another question. I spend lots of time checking out old soul/funk/rnb records.How do I get samples I've wanted to use from those onto my computer to use? Is anyone willing to let me be their apprentice? lol

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

I've tried fruity loops, the sounds just don't sound real to me. I have another question. I spend lots of time checking out old soul/funk/rnb records. How do I get samples I've wanted to use from those onto my computer to use? Is anyone willing to let me be their apprentice? lol
Whether you use FL, Reason, Logic, Pro Tools, is all personal preference, it's really a matter of just picking one and learning it. You canmake a radio-ready record with any of them.

Getting records or any outside audio on to your computer will require a soundcard/audio interface capable of doing that. If your computer has audio inputs,just connect your record player/mixer/whatever's audio outs to those inputs and use a program like Audacity to record. That was a real surface leveldescription, but that's the basic idea.

Yo thanks loendradio, I'm going to free up some space on my computer and download reason. Could I PM you with some questions if I need any help?

What's goin on, NT? Yo, "ProducedbyTheJuice, I am really feelin that last joint that you posted.

Soundclick.com/Claws104
Claws104 - Aim
Myspace.com/ClawsWreck

And does anyone know anything about ASIO4all and how to correct the latency in Fruity Loops 8? I have external plug ins, and they save and play offbeat..terribly.. I saw a few vids on youtube.. but none have really seemed to work. Anybody know exactly how to do it?

Soundclick.com/Claws104
Claws104 - Aim
Myspace.com/ClawsWreck

Originally Posted by blessedsac

And does anyone know anything about ASIO4all and how to correct the latency in Fruity Loops 8? I have external plug ins, and they save and play offbeat.. terribly.. I saw a few vids on youtube.. but none have really seemed to work. Anybody know exactly how to do it?

Soundclick.com/Claws104
Claws104 - Aim
Myspace.com/ClawsWreck
Follow this link and scroll down to the sections on MIDI Recording with FLStudio and Vista. Even if you're not running on Vista, it should cover pretty much every angle when it comes to getting ASIO4ALL working on Windows.

Shizzmyster - So Cool - dope sample, doesnt feel finished tho. complexity isnt quite there to me. - Goin Berzerk - This beat is crazy, that sample is naassty.a couple of the kicks hit on top of eachother tho, between 54-55 seconds for example, throws me off a lil. otherwise sick.

Juice - been a fan of yours for a while. I agree about the drum speed tho. synth work is crazy tho.

Some beats from this summer:
http://drop.io/SomeBeatsFromThisSummer

Trying to get into making beats and I've been messing around with GarageBand lately but what are some good programs for Mac? Wish they had FL for Mac
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Shizzmyster SS

...oh, and something i did a while ago..didn't know where i could go wit this one, but somehow i worked it out. At least in my opinion.

"Goin Beezerk!"
Don't really like the sample at all. But love the hard kicks and snares.
pimp.gif

Juice-Thanx for the feedback. Ya beat you posted sounded just ok to me. But like you said it wasn't entirely done, I know you have better than thatfrom previous beats i'v heard. But still...keep rockin

StackKerouac-Thanx for the feedback. Appreciated.

TheKingOfVa-Thanx for the feedback. Big ups!

New track just finished. Check it out.
"Pianic Euphony"

Shizzmyster- That "Pianic Euphory" is dope as hell for some reason. "Goin Beezerk" is crazy too. You definitely got your own sound.

ProducedByTheJuice- I'm feeling the sound of that track, but it's kinda boring. You should layer the snare with somethin else, and use some morepercussion just to liven up the song. The melody isn't too bad.

StackKerouac- I didn't know what the hell was going on with that Four Thousand + 80 beat, I can't say it's bad though, just different. I listenedto some of your other stuff too, I couldn't really tell what genre you were pushing for, that may be my only concern.

I haven't posted in here in a while... here's something I made about a month ago.

Feeldis.mp3 - CrossIsom

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

StackKerouac- I didn't know what the hell was going on with that Four Thousand + 80 beat, I can't say it's bad though, just different. I listened to some of your other stuff too, I couldn't really tell what genre you were pushing for, that may be my only concern.

haha, good looks on the feedback. I have no idea genre wise, ive been getting bored lately and ODing on the extra stuff. Feeldis: Not sure if this is just asnippet or something but it feels real incomplete. Sound quality and the mix is nice, sample is cool, little repetitive for a complete beat. Only other thing iwould say is loosen up or swing your drums a but, especially that roll/flam on the kick... sounds real stiff to me. Snare sounds real nice though.

Oh *++!!
My bad StackKerouac , I didn't even notice your URL where your beats were, I was looking for an embedded player. My fault homie.But, yea, that "Four Thousand+80" track i wasn't feelin to hot. But i do like that "Ray Hudson is Good" beat. Creative stuff tho."One Track Mind" wasn't too shabby either. I gave that 2 listens. Good stuff.
pimp.gif

To All NT Producers,

I'm currently developing a mixtape with a couple of artists that I'm working with, and we'd love to have more original production on it. I'veactually already gotten in contact with a couple of you already. If any of you are looking to collab, send your beats to�[email protected]. Feel free to send however many you want, we'll make sure to check them all out.

First track off the mixtape:

Thanks! We'll be picking out some beats tonight so hit us up.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Just got my MPC in the mail.
pimp.gif
Oooh-Oooh! lemme see! I know you happy/excited as hell. I know i would be. You prolly ain't get off it yet since it came huh?
(Box and all that still out, like christmas wrap all over the floor)
laugh.gif

CorssIsom-"Feel Dis" I love the snyth sounds and melody on this beat. Real good laid back vibe. I would change the snare to a softer snare or lowerthe volume. But the rest of the beat has a nice vibe. The voice comes in at the right time.

Shizzmyster"Pianic Euphony" Nice feel to the beat, feels like the beat is just starting up though. Nice cracking snare. Would be a great intro, startof an album just right. The pianos get me in a mood to rap and say some deep !#%.

"So Cool V" You put in some work chopping that sample. You have a real good ear for samples. I can hear one of those Duckdown Records artist crushingthat beat. Has a real 9th wonder feel, great work fam
pimp.gif

I'm going to post a few tracks I'm working on with a singer/song writer who has wrote songs for mainstream artist and is now working on a major labeldeal for himself. All the tracks need to be mastered and additional lyrics and vocals might be added. Any feed back is welcome

"I want you back"
Code:
DivShare File - IWantYouBack.mp3

"Be You"

DivShare File - BeYou.mp3

This is Mez (NFL Sunday post limit FTL).

I got an MPC 1000 in Black for $500 which is a bargain, but dude was real shady and deceptive with the item description.

Dude aiint even send me a USB chord, and even removed the 16mb Ram chip from the back (which is required). The RIGHT ARROW key don't work so I can'treally naviagte.

*files Paypal claim.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom