The Official Off Brand Kicks, Gear and Embarrassment Thread (share your shame, it's all love)

I luckily got to pick out my sneakers growing up. When it came to boots once, my mom bought me some black constructions and I was hyped. I didnt live with my dad but he would buy me clothes and shoes. One day Dude came with some caterpillar boots. i was tight at the audacity the man had :smh:. Never took them out the box.

Green Dog, Snoop Dogg Wear, Pure Playaz. and Moschiko. Smh
sick.gif
 at the Snoop Dogg wear they need to come out with that Snoop Lion wear bet it would be fire
roll.gif

Last edited:
Ahh man how could i forget this kid on my street had this velour enyce shirt n short fit and had the mix match and 1 slip on shoes lmao..dude came outside talking reckless about how fresh he was

i remember i had this fubu jersey with matching shorts from ross.

use to wear it all the time :lol: until i found out fubu wasnt cool

Im gonna kiss both my parents tomorrow morning for holding me down when i was younger :lol:

I feel for some of you, dudes in middle school was ruthless. :smh:

thanks to pops all my life I was known as dude that had all the jordans. (growing up in detroit in the 90s them ****** was dirt poor.) One winter pops was outta town n we had a snow storm n I needed boots. Moms came home with what I thought waswheat timbs. Little did I kno they had mountains on the side instead of the tree. Here I go monday morning wit a crispy red pelle coat, hugo boss jeans, and these "timbs" on. I had the tongue all out n I had to be in 4th grade. My sis friend who was in the 8th got to clowning on me. Me thinking I had the real timbs tried to defend myself until all these dudes kept roasting the **** out of me. Calling me rocky, denver, anything to do with colorado. Ill never forgive moms for that ****

:\ WOW you just told my story bro! Thought I was the only one in life that had that happen in 6th grade!! :nerd: I even tried to pull my heel of my pants down over the boot soo other kids would just suspect they were Tims & keep it moving. W R O N G!!! :smh: People knew my family was poor soo they asked 1st period at 7:50 am "Hey those Tims Mike?" Me :\ "Naw yo I couldn't get them this week." My pops wasn't having that $150 price tag nowhere in his Astro Van lls. Parents back then :smh:

I wasn't spoiled or anything but as long as I did well in school, behaved and did my chores, my parents let me get nice sneakers, I got my first pair of Jordans in 3rd grade, 2 pairs per year after that until I moved onto Flights and other Nikes. They were for basketball so it's not like I was getting them for no purpose. Thing was, my mom would go shopping with me, my dad didn't know what they cost.

Anyway, I played just about every sport growing up and would get good equipment too. In middle school there was a specific pair of Nike cleats that were real comfortable and looked awesome. I got a pair and halfway through the season, I must've taken them of after an away game, put on my sneakers and forgot to put the cleats in my bag. Next day, I'm at practice and realize. My dad picks me up after and I had to explain why I didn't practice. He's like, well that wasn't smart but I'll get you another pair.

He drops me off at home and comes back, I'm thinking I'm getting the same cleats...he hands me the box and they're a brand called WORTH that seriously looked like they were 10 years old. White, ugly, fake leather, low top and I complained but I was stuck with them, I knew not to argue with my dad. Got to practice the next day, my teammates had known I'd lost my cleats, saw what I had on and I got made fun of non-stop. "Worth what? $5"

They were so uncomfortable and finally after a week and showing my parents the blisters on my feet, my mom went and got me the same Nikes I'd lost but I had to do extra chores and yard work. The end.
bruh .........I'm weak
They was called "worth"

Man ya'll don't even know....

I had a a pair of Jordache "No Exit's" that were knock off Black/Cement 3's

I had a pair of "Stadia's" that were knock off Fire Red IV's(and look almost EXACTLY like them)

I had a pair of "Hoop's" brand shoes that were knock off Fire Red V's

I searched Google and there was no trace of any of these shoes(probably on purpose), but I did find an old Stadia commercial 
laugh.gif

Any NYC NTers old enough to remember Kinneys? 

Part of Kinneys actually turned into the modern day Footlocker

Watch this commercial and try not to sing this song throughout the day lol

Idk how I forgot. My grandma sister stays outta town n comes back for xmas every year for our annual party. She had all daughters so she knows nothing about what was cool for boys. Every year she brought the worse gifts like id rather get nothing. So this year after xmas we all went out to dinner a week later b4 she left. Grams makes me n my bro wear her gift to the diner. This **** was in 06 n she copped us matching white/red fubu jerseys -_-. They was like the new edition not theog style n them ******* was played out for almost 5 years. We was so embarrassed bros. Im talking everybody takin pics of us. My bro destroyed evrry pic of us from that day thank god that wasnt the fb era.

from about 8th grade to junior year of high school i would steal ecko and wu wear shirts from ross, one day they put out this black denim sean john jean jacket that cost 100. this was during the jean jacket era, i really wanted it, but i was a broke kid and my parents were jerks.my white homie who's dad is an architect for the city and they now live in a 1.5 million dollar house asked me if i really wanted it, i said hell yeah..this goofy looking white dude just grabs the jacket off the rack, throws it over his shoulder and does this squinting look on the way out the door, as if the store didnt meet his requirements. i just stood there as he casually strolled out the door, later he did this same thing with an avirex backpack full of shoes.

Idk how I forgot. My grandma sister stays outta town n comes back for xmas every year for our annual party. She had all daughters so she knows nothing about what was cool for boys. Every year she brought the worse gifts like id rather get nothing. So this year after xmas we all went out to dinner a week later b4 she left. Grams makes me n my bro wear her gift to the diner. This **** was in 06 n she copped us matching white/red fubu jerseys -_-. They was like the new edition not theog style n them ******* was played out for almost 5 years. We was so embarrassed bros. Im talking everybody takin pics of us. My bro destroyed evrry pic of us from that day thank god that wasnt the fb era.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tears

I was always straight wit nikes.

But i remember one xmas my grandma got me a bryant reeves jersey cuz she lives in Vancouver.
And this was the 39.95 champion screenprinted era so EVERYBODY had their fav players.

I remember opening the box bein like

" who the f*** is reeves?"

Then i wore the jersey to school and everbody was like

"Who the f*** is reeves?"

wish i still had it tho

Last edited:
Not an off brand shoe but I'll share. When I was in 6th grade I first started getting into shoes cause I saw all of the ones my older bro had and felt like I needed to step up my game. Nike just released the VC Shox at that time and I think the Jordan XVII's came out around that time too, both of which my lucky older bro had. So I convinced my mom to buy me a pair of Shox or Jays but my brother convinced her that I was young and would ruin any shoes she bought me with the quickness. So he told her to buy me the Adidas Kobe 2's :x For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about it's these

View media item 385003
I couldn't really object cause I was 12 and my mom thought I needed shoes that would last a year. So I got them (the same color as the ones in the pic) and got clowned on. Hard. From dudes saying I was wearing boxes on my feet to moon shoes, those were my least favorite pair of shoes I owned. I love my mom no matter what though. We were poor at the time and she always some how managed to buy nike and other brand name clothes and shoes for me and my bro. I have a lot to be thankful for.
But those shoes were fire. Moon shoes :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom