The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many issues with that season. The Rape Case. The Kobe/Shaq beef. The Guaranteed chip thanks to having Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Can't believe they lost to the Pistons.

Kind of reminds you of this season. An absolute train wreck.
That team won 56 games, started and ended the regular season on 18-5 runs and lost 5 playoff games before the finals. This year's team wishes it was that team

So many issues with that season. The Rape Case. The Kobe/Shaq beef. The Guaranteed chip thanks to having Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Can't believe they lost to the Pistons.

I can't co-sign that last part. I mentioned this previously but as flawed as that 03-04 Lakers team was and with as many issues that they had, they still won 56 games in LOADED Western Conference (Minny won 58, Spurs 57, Sac 55, Dallas 52 and Memphis 50). They took down the Spurs and Wolves in 6 en route to the Finals.

That team had off the court drama but they balled. This team has off the court chemistry with all their bromances but they are butt cheeks on the court together.

No better than Elf Payton. :smh: Used up his best years carrying the bobcats. MJ ended up being right unfortunately.

Gotta pour one out for what used to be one of the most underrated watches in the league. He used to catch somebody off balance nightly.

His 60 ball on the 76ers will always be up there. Bruh was electric. Lethal combo of quickness and off the bounce wiggle and shooting.

Sad to see what he’s become on NYK but it jumps off the page watching them how washed he is😔

I can't co-sign that last part. I mentioned this previously but as flawed as that 03-04 Lakers team was and with as many issues that they had, they still won 56 games in LOADED Western Conference (Minny won 58, Spurs 57, Sac 55, Dallas 52 and Memphis 50). They took down the Spurs and Wolves in 6 en route to the Finals.

That team had off the court drama but they balled. This team has off the court chemistry with all their bromances but they are butt cheeks on the court together.

I remember that season vividly :lol:

Phil’s book :rofl:

the kareem rush game 6 game

Kobe dropping 40 balls in the playoffs the same day he had court hearings

Malone blowing his knee out

think I went to a game that year vs Minnesota where bean wore a headband and they retired the mpls lakers and what not

fun times

This team is more reminiscent of 2012-13, but they appear to like each other at least. There was internal strife with the 2013 roster (Kobe-Dwight relationship, Pau's unhappiness, D'Antoni hiring).

15 foot step back jumper? Jump shot AND free throws all in one, at the home town arena so you know it's real. Congratulations amitt5504 amitt5504 and xxpizzo xxpizzo

oh damn i missed this over the weekend

must of been before our last game regarding that date

making progress i guess lol but on how many attempts did it take

im still **** benamin but a slight percent of me wants him back with this current team just to see how we flow.. getting that itch but prolly because of this bad stretch we on

This team is more reminiscent of 2012-13, but they appear to like each other at least. There was internal strife with the 2013 roster (Kobe-Dwight relationship, Pau's unhappiness, D'Antoni hiring).
Is that the Steve Nash, Dwight Howard and Kobe team? That was a meltdown lol.

Can't believe Kobe demanded a trade from the Lakers. They definitely did right by him. Multiple attempts to stack the deck for a chip. That family primarily makes money off their basketball operations vice the Steve Balmer tax shelter approach.

Untitled.jpg

Any hope of MAGA Porter Jr. becoming an all-star are over probably

Nuggets should have sold high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom