The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

so Kyrie wants to be traded now :lol:

this dude is a mess, why would any team want him in their locker room ... shame ....

That’s how I feel, but there’s some Clippers fans on Twitter that really want the team to try and get Kyrie. Hard pass for me.

In addition to everything else, you have to consider that PG is a bit fragile mentally. No telling what being around Kyrie might do to him.

You give up 150 in regulation to a team missing one of its all stars on the 2nd night of a b2b :lol: Pretty candid quote but the frustration is understandable.

They are going nowhere. At best out in the 1st round again. They’re not even close to accomplishing anything meaningful. Dame is 31, CJ is 30, all of their young prospects haven’t shown much. It’s time to blow it up. They’re wasting everyone’s time at this point.
Couldn't be said any better

“We have a bunch of good guys on this team,” Embiid said. “I would probably say that’s probably the first time since I got drafted here that I will say that everyone on the team is likable and that actually want to spend time with them off the court.”
His comment wasn’t meant as a knock on former teammates. However, it’s well-documented that the chemistry among this current group is much better than that of past Sixers teams.
“It just makes it easier when you got guys like that,” Embiid said “They care about winning. When we lose, you look at the Boston game, you know we were all pissed off.”

:lol:

I said it earlier in the season, but Kyrie should just retire at this point. He’s wasting everyone’s time. I can only imagine how the new CBA is going to be affected. Simmons and Kyrie could have possibly ruined the contractual structure that exist now.

Taking all the jokes and emotions out, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the players are locked out soon. These dudes have perverted the whole player empowerment that Bron and co ushered in. Bron fought to keep the GM/owners feet to the fire about trying to build a competitive team, but at least bruh gave 110% on the court.

We went from “max players” load managing (Kawhi) to players signing max deals and trying to force their way out with 3+ years left on the deal. It’s nasty man 🤦🏽‍♂️ This model is not sustainable.

How did Billups go from being a future GM to being the HC of a team that’s been dead in the water for the last 3 seasons?

I don’t think he got any offers for a GM job and decided to switch gears to coaching. Was Ty Lue’s lead assistant with the Clippers last season.

Blazers offered the HC spot and he took it.

I said it earlier in the season, but Kyrie should just retire at this point. He’s wasting everyone’s time. I can only imagine how the new CBA is going to be affected. Simmons and Kyrie could have possibly ruined the contractual structure that exist now.

Taking all the jokes and emotions out, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the players are locked out soon. These dudes have perverted the whole player empowerment that Bron and co ushered in. Bron fought to keep the GM/owners feet to the fire about trying to build a competitive team, but at least bruh gave 110% on the court.

We went from “max players” load managing (Kawhi) to players signing max deals and trying to force their way out with 3+ years left on the deal. It’s nasty man 🤦🏽‍♂️ This model is not sustainable.
too much freedom and entitlement. gone are the days where players are paid for peanuts but played their best every game even when injured for the love of the game. many of us just wishing we got Kyrie's talent and salary but this self-absorbed individual felt it is not enough. hope he doesn't get the worst Covid infection and come running to the E.R. hire his own doctors and hospital.

Simmons and Kyrie could have possibly ruined the contractual structure that exist now.

“It’s a superstar league” definitely applies here because it is a few of these dudes at the top (max players at least) who are making all these moves that will collectively affect how the owners enter negotiations the entire players association |l

too much freedom and entitlement. gone are the days where players are paid for peanuts but played their best every game even when injured for the love of the game. many of us just wishing we got Kyrie's talent and salary but this self-absorbed individual felt it is not enough. hope he doesn't get the worst Covid infection and come running to the E.R. hire his own doctors and hospital.

I kind of understand the first part of your post but the fact remains that for whatever his personal reasons may be. He feels strongly enough that he is willing to forego his salary for that. There are many others in the country who make less that have done the same. As a fan, it sucks not having him out there but taking basketball away, it’s his decision and I have no choice but to respect it.

As for the bolded, that is a bit OD. As far as I am aware, I don’t think he ever denied that COVID was real. He is just refusing the vaccine which I feel are two different things.

I respect that Kyrie has a right not to get vaccinated, but I'm not sure I can respect his reasons for exercising that right, based on what we know about them. Based on his social media postings this season, I can't help but feel his stance is driven, at least in part, by liking to play the martyr. I personally can't look at that positively in any way.

Somebody needs to whoop his 🤡***

Between this and the Kyrie thing there are no lines anymore every ideal mated from every corner

When you seen BLM folks side by side in support with MAGA folks at that storm the Nets arena rally for Kyrie that’s when you know everything gone to ****

Not even sure what to make of anything anymore everything blurred

1638727709898.png

basically enes kanter;

the NBA does lot's of business with the CCP
as do many of the NBA sponsors.

why doesn't Kanter quit the NBA?
"Morals over Money brother" to coin a phrase.

Kanter is going to keep going until he gets fined or at least spoken to then after his current contract is up he's going to make the Right Wing media rounds tombout how he was "cancelled" (by the Left) by the NBA for speaking out about China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom