The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool record curry. Congrats and all. But you would've thought it was wilt 100, or a ripken ironman record or something, the way it's been played up.

Play on

There has been a big production for every NBA all-time stat that has changed in my lifetime. Games played, assists, 3s - the first time, etc.

Why shouldn’t the league make a big deal out of player milestones?

There has been a big production for every NBA all-time stat that has changed in my lifetime. Games played, assists, 3s - the first time, etc.

Why shouldn’t the league make a big deal out of player milestones?
I don't have any issue with acknowledging any record no matter what it is.

I just think keeping them in context is important as well.

Stopping games, having video tributes and players taking a Cal ripken lap for every record broken kind of takes away from it all, especially when the records that are 30, 40,50+ years old finally come down.

Don't misconstrue my stance though. Stop the game at the next dead ball, acknowledge, say a few words and play on is my stance. Not, "let's just act like nothing happened."

Imo, tonight was a little much for a record that's been broken 3x in the last 20 years. Twice in the last 10 years. Especially with the game changing as much as it has in that same time span.

Let Kemba go, man. Showing him on a National TV game and saying he’s on his 9th DNP-CD is just ****ed up.
Not saying Kemba fixes this but might as well throw him back in rotation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thibs just being prideful/spiteful at this point unless Kemba is totally washed/injured. I'll agree with you both that the team's freefalling and the roster is depleted so it's mental that he can't get burn for even 10-15 minutes.

I don't have any issue with acknowledging any record no matter what it is.

I just think keeping them in context is important as well.

Stopping games, having video tributes and players taking a Cal ripken lap for every record broken kind of takes away from it all, especially when the records that are 30, 40,50+ years old finally come down.

Don't misconstrue my stance though. Stop the game at the next dead ball, acknowledge, say a few words and play on is my stance. Not, "let's just act like nothing happened."

Imo, tonight was a little much for a record that's been broken 3x in the last 20 years. Twice in the last 10 years. Especially with the game changing as much as it has in that same time span.

Fair enough, but I think the game changing is part of why this record was celebrated the way it was.

The 3 point shot is more important in the game than it ever has been before. So to me it makes sense that they’d give a lot of attention to the new all-time leader in 3s, who still has a lot of years left. Just my opinion.

1639537995493.png
1639539419235.jpeg

They definitely dragged him out the crib to be there tonight :lol:

Ohh I love that travel call. You could call 100s of that call a game but Id like to see guys clean up their basic footwork on the catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom