The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
z4i0x2w9jw981.jpg

I haven't seen the game, but he only had two assists...is his strategy for lower turnovers is to pass less? Because I don't think that's the point lol

Threre's been unvaxxed players playing most of if not all year in BKN right? Just pay the fine and let him become a full-time player
By the time the playoffs hit I think the mandates will be different anyways but he's def gonna be full time regardless by then :lol:

If that’s true the nets are already way up money wise for not having to pay Kyrie’s salary for the first 15-20 home games he missed.

I’m good on any kind of trade involving Simmons. There are for some things about it that make sense on paper but given what we seen from him the last couple years I’m good on the idea of being our second guy. Unless he has a shift in mindset once he get outta Philly and I don’t know if that’s something I’d bet on. He would solve some problems but he’d also create others

I’m good on any kind of trade involving Simmons. There are for some things about it that make sense on paper but given what we seen from him the last couple years I’m good on the idea of being our second guy. Unless he has a shift in mindset once he get outta Philly and I don’t know if that’s something I’d bet on. He would solve some problems but he’d also create others
I don't think he's ever going to be a second guy or that teams should view him like that

You just hope Bogdan, Huerter and Collins (and one of Gallo/Cam/Hunter) can be enough offensively

I would say 2 players and a future pick should get it done or at least is the fair trade

All of that would be an overpay
Reddish Still on the Rookie deal and you got 2 overpaid players. I like Hunter, but he's injury prone. This free up the Hawks salary wise and you get a "star" in Simmons. Granted I'm just saying all of this cause I have Ben in fantasy in a 12 person league and I need him to play. :lol:

I think DeBlasio implemented it and Adams hasn't touched it yet

Just never made sense to begin with that unvaxxed visiting players are allowed to play in LA/NY

No. Adams keeping the COVID laws the same from the previous admin.

So Myrie technically could have been playing all this time? I was under the impression there wasn't any way he could with the laws the way they were. Well that's interesting and changes the complexion of the East if they're just going to pay the fines.

So Myrie technically could have been playing all this time? I was under the impression there wasn't any way he could with the laws the way they were. Well that's interesting and changes the complexion of the East if they're just going to pay the fines.
I dont think they're gonna do it for regular season but I think it's in play for the playoffs. Covid landscape will be different with the surge tapering off by then, Pfizer Pill out on the wild and vulnerable folks on maybe dose #4. I could see the mandates softening by then anyways

They just didn't want the bad press to go with "letting" Irving play

This. They probably would have eventually let him play, they just wanted the press to die down.
I dont think they're gonna do it for regular season but I think it's in play for the playoffs. Covid landscape will be different with the surge tapering off by then, Pfizer Pill out on the wild and vulnerable folks on maybe dose #4. I could see the mandates softening by then anyways
Yeah, I'm with y'all. It would have been a bad look to take that approach from the jump. I think it might not even look great now with the surges across the country and outbreaks in the NBA tbh. But best believe if this holds they will find a polite way to say **** it, we are going to openly disobey this mandate and pay the fines.

It's crazy to think Klay, Irving and Joe Harris have all been missing but are coming back soon

Season about to heat up

Watch All-Star Weekend be a spreader event though to all the best players

Yeah, I'm with y'all. It would have been a bad look to take that approach from the jump. I think it might not even look great now with the surges across the country and outbreaks in the NBA tbh. But best believe if this holds they will find a polite way to say **** it, we are going to openly disobey this mandate and pay the fines.

I agree. If they can make him eligible for the playoff run though; they'd be silly not to use that loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom