The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mans showing up to games in gimp outfits? wild

2jk459bcd7b81.jpg

#WillBynumWednesdays

Joe Dumars was always one of my dudes when I was little. My nickname around here was Dumars (true story) growing up so HIM being the dude that got my man a look was always ironic to me.

Enjoy.

Yeahhhh... sorry DW, but that's simply not true.

“These GOATs, these names that we throw out, it’s not gonna just be a lot of those players. But the game continues to keep moving forward. And so we are gonna continue to see things that we have never seen before. And the eyes are gonna get younger and younger,” Wade said on the Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard. “We are not going to have a conversation about the GOATs. Now it’s going to be the younger, younger, younger generation. And they're gonna forget about Jordan like we forgot about Kareem.”

Makes sense to me given context.

Air Jordan is a multi billion dollar company. He also played during the most watched/best era of the NBA. I don't think anyone will 'forget' about him.

But his name won't resonate as the years proceed like it has over the past 30. I think that's what he's saying, which is probably true. Especially as the generations of people that watched him eventually die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom