The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S/o to Jah for updating that meme :lol:

FI5dymVUcAA-aBd

Grizzlies best team in the West?
I would say they have a case. Kinda hard to say they are "matchup proof" or anything like that considering what Utah did to them last Playoff

Plus, last night Draymond and Dillon Brooks were missing so, not exactly the same personnel that will be there in a Playoff series

I, for one, am happy to hear that kids aren’t idolizing that awful teammate who quit on his team multiple times.

I would say they have a case. Kinda hard to say they are "matchup proof" or anything like that considering what Utah did to them last Playoff

Plus, last night Draymond and Dillon Brooks were missing so, not exactly the same personnel that will be there in a Playoff series

I've seen a lot of Grizz teams in the past and ya'll know how I use to hype up some of those old GnG squads :lol:

This is definitely the best and deepest team we've ever had (if we stay healthy). We never had a team be top 10 in both offense/defense (the closest was the Joerger-led 2014-15 team). But, they were #13 offensively and top 5 defensively. I think we are definitely one of the best teams in the league and we give a lot of the elected contending teams trouble. Warriors turn the ball over a lot, but we force a lot of turnovers. Warriors cannot defend us the same way they defended the Tony Allen Grizzlies :lol: . I think we made a leap ahead of Utah this season. While,we have a similar squad as last year, they would see a different type of Bane and Jaren on top of Playoff Ja. I would be confident against any of the other top 3 squads.

All in all, Ja is unguardable and really the only way to stop him somewhat is by doubling him. Anytime you have a player like that, we will have a chance to do something special at any given moment. Not to mention, Jaren Jackson Jr. being the X-factor in all of this. JJJ at the 5 has arrived finally! Once Adams is back, I think Jaren will go back to the 4-spot, while getting center minutes in crunch time. But, he's been All-Defense good during this 20+ game stretch.

What's crazy about all this is we still aren't that great of a shooting team. We are pretty much in the middle in terms of 3PT%. Plus, Jaren is having the worst offensive season efficiency wise of his career. He's not this inefficient :lol: . So, I also think we have another gear we can reach once all players return.

IMO,I don’t see them having same problems as Utah considering JJJ AND Clarke to lesser extent can switch out the perimeter and not be toast like Gogert

Jordan’s brand inability to get anything but retro’s off the ground will always be wild to be.

The fact that he’s still the top mover of shoes from athletes is just as wild to mr
I mean that’s more Nike designers faults if anything. Lebrons have looked like garbage for the last 8-9 years. Same with KDs. Kyrie has the only consistently good looking silhouette

I've seen a lot of Grizz teams in the past and ya'll know how I use to hype up some of those old GnG squads :lol:

This is definitely the best and deepest team we've ever had (if we stay healthy). We never had a team be top 10 in both offense/defense (the closest was the Joerger-led 2014-15 team). But, they were #13 offensively and top 5 defensively. I think we are definitely one of the best teams in the league and we give a lot of the elected contending teams trouble. Warriors turn the ball over a lot, but we force a lot of turnovers. Warriors cannot defend us the same way they defended the Tony Allen Grizzlies :lol: .

All in all, Ja is unguardable and really the only way to stop him somewhat is by doubling him. Anytime you have a player like that, we will have a chance to do something special at any given moment. Not to mention, Jaren Jackson Jr. being the X-factor in all of this. JJJ at the 5 has arrived finally! Once Adams is back, I think Jaren will go back to the 4-spot, while getting center minutes in crunch time. But, he's been All-Defense good during this 20+ game stretch.

What's crazy about all this is we still aren't that great of a shooting team. We are pretty much in the middle in terms of 3PT%. Plus, Jaren is having the worst offensive season efficiency wise of his career. He's not this inefficient :lol: . So, I also think we have another gear we can reach once all players return.
While Brooks was out you guys had the worst defense in the league

Once he returned you've been top 10 ever since (to be fair even after he went out again)

I saw the Brooks discussion yesterday about being expendable, I wouldn't say he is. Plus I don't know what you could get for him that would be superior

While Brooks was out you guys had the worst defense in the league

Once he returned you've been top 10 ever since (to be fair even after he went out again)

I saw the Brooks discussion yesterday about being expendable, I wouldn't say he is. Plus I don't know what you could get for him that would be superior

I think if Ja, Bane and JJJ are going to be maximized, Dillon will have to be moved eventually. He doesn't tone his game down enough, although when he's hot it looks good. I think if DB was under contract a few more seasons, he ideally stays. But, unless we make a true finals run this season with him, I think we make him a key piece in a deal + all of the draft capital we have + Melton + whoever outside Ja/Bane/JJJ (even if we did its still possible he's traded to upgrade the team).

I just don't see a vision where Ja gets the supermax, Bane gets paid probably 100m+ and still have to pay Dillon maybe $75-80m+? Jaren already getting $100m. Maybe we look for a guy that's making max money, but contract rolls off a bit sooner than an extended 4 year deal with Dillon. Ben Simmons really would be the missing piece and my #1 target outside of Jaylen Brown. Ben on this team would be a cheat code with Jaren at the 5.

IMO,I don’t see them having same problems as Utah considering JJJ AND Clarke to lesser extent can switch out the perimeter and not be toast like Gogert
Memphis is for sure going to be better this Playoff. I'm just saying, it's kind of premature to proclaim anything. It's more than fair to say they are making a case though

I mean there's still Phoenix. They've been top 10 offense and defense all year I believe

GSW will continue to work Klay back into things. Once Draymond gets back and Steph gets out of the slump they'll be back into the top 10 offense

Should be a fun Playoff in both conferences despite what COVID and injuries did to the regular season

Memphis is for sure going to be better this Playoff. I'm just saying, it's kind of premature to proclaim anything. It's more than fair to say they are making a case though

I mean there's still Phoenix. They've been top 10 offense and defense all year I believe

GSW will continue to work Klay back into things. Once Draymond gets back and Steph gets out of the slump they'll be back into the top 10 offense

Should be a fun Playoff in both conferences despite what COVID and injuries did to the regular season

Agreed -- although having a young team is great for the future, it can hurt us in the playoffs. We still make a ton of mistakes that's just based on our inexperience, but always seem to make up for it in other ways. When the possessions really matter in the playoffs against an elite team, they will make us pay like Utah did. Been one of my main concerns for a run this year, but I feel we've learned a lot after that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom