The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issues with criticizing teammates but good coaches and leaders do it behind CLOSED doors.

You stand with your teammates right or wrong in public, not take the first chance you get to throw blame. Doc and Joel just as weak for that.

If he is so fragile just trade him?
This wasn't the first chance to throw blame

He did the same thing the last time he played in the Playoffs

He would have been even more exposed if he got to play in The Bubble, that injury saved his fragility for another summer

Morey should trade him by the offseason

Sixes was gonna try and slick trade Ben Simmons befor Doc, Embiid, and others goofed by playing their hand too soon. So they tried to pivot back to having Ben on the roster and he wasn't hearing none of that lol.

Joel lightly said, “momentum changed after the not attempted wide open dunk/missed free throw”

Doc just didn’t show confidence in Ben at the point guard position.

That was it. Literally, hours after a game 7…some honest and lightweight thoughts. This is after an entire season, of them lying to the media in front of cameras about Ben, on the positive side to boost his ego.

Walking around egg shells for an entitled player who refuses to improve is not a winning environment. It was always on Ben Simmons. And now, Morey.

Philly winning in spite of having bad leadership in Doc & Morey and 2 wasted #1 picks is a story in itself.

Shoutout to Joel. He deserves better.

Star players getting ripped by their teammates or coaches but then coming back to the team and actually performing and winning isn't a rare thing

With Ben, for whatever reason it seems like it's some kind of toxic mistreatment
Joel trash for that post game interview....he dont don't deserve nothing. Many other players are put in his same position and they never respond like that.
See

lol

I think Ben has every right to be upset about Joel and Doc. How he's handling it isn't the best though.
It's literally the worst way to handle it

When's the last time a max player All-Star quit on their team because he got his feelings hurt

Iverson vs Brown
Kobe v Shaq v Phil
Ray Allen v the Celts
Mitchell vs Gobert
Marcus Smart vs The Jays
etc etc

You can't be that upset when it's the truth and you've had years (that's plural) to improve your weaknesses

Not only that you're expected to be the best or second best player on the team. Not only that but it was against an Atlanta Hawks team that had zero business beating you in a series

Ben just doesn’t love hoops like that. Literally anyone else would have improved their game or at least owned up to their shortcomings. Dude has always been entitled and enabled. If he wants to throw away his career I got no sympathy for him

He could he a 30-10-10 player with Bron.

The moment this happens Ben is getting the **** outta there 😂

0.png
He’s crying in the car after this.

Nah man he was bad. You don’t want to get embarrassed, work on your craft.

It's literally the worst way to handle it

When's the last time a max player All-Star quit on their team because he got his feelings hurt

Iverson vs Brown
Kobe v Shaq v Phil
Ray Allen v the Celts
Mitchell vs Gobert
Marcus Smart vs The Jays
etc etc

You can't be that upset when it's the truth and you've had years (that's plural) to improve your weaknesses

Not only that you're expected to be the best or second best player on the team. Not only that but it was against an Atlanta Hawks team that had zero business beating you in a series
I don't agree with how he's acting as a result of it, but I don't think he'd be the only player to feel salty about being called out by your superstar teammate and coach

Ben just doesn’t love hoops like that. Literally anyone else would have improved their game or at least owned up to their shortcomings. Dude has always been entitled and enabled. If he wants to throw away his career I got no sympathy for him
I think he does "love" playing but he's got mental blocks. He convinced himself he would be "ok" with just leaning on his strengths

Which you technically can't argue he's "wrong". He got a max deal

But when push comes to shove and fans, media, teammates and coaches understand what he's really about when it counts, he can't handle the truth

I don't agree with how he's acting as a result of it, but I don't think he'd be the only player to feel salty about being called out by your superstar teammate and coach
He's the only one who quit on his team. I can't think of another player quitting the whole season

Either way, when he comes back, he's gonna have to play his *** off. I wanna see a pull up jumper first possession :lol:

Ben literally plays a game based around shooting a ball and refuses to shoot. There’s been some bad offensive players in this league but they would at minimum still take a shot (Westbrook). Ben literally WILL NOT SHOOT. Man literally avoids getting fouled so he doesn’t have to go to the line. It’s just weird at this point. Get this BAN out the league please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom