The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole lot of people were saying Morey goofed too. He had no leverage :lol:.Harden probably is on the decline, though. Just not sure what else Philly could really do.

Bertans and Dinwiddie’s contracts are just a high if not higher combined :lol:

But at the very least, Mavs get a shooter and a secondary ball handler.
KP makes 30+ million and can't stay on the floor.
Doubt the Mavs have any intention of keeping them anyways so boost their value & move em in the offeseason.
Way easier to trade 16 & 17 million than it is to trade 34 milli for a guy who can't stay healthy.

us sixers fans sure are petty LOL i love it

I'm not eem going to do all that because at the end of the day it'll just be a bunch of rolling emoticons if the Sixers don't at least make it to the ECF. Adding Jim was cool but like a wise man once said...
tenor (10).gif

I think it's ever 100% a coach's fault, and I do think he's good, but you are not serious if you're trying to win a chip in 2022 w/Doc Rivers as your coach.

If Philly makes it out the 2nd round I'll give Morey some credit. But they won't so 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm not going to put bread on that but over the years they've had their chances with Stringer and last year against ATL. The East is better than last year but depending on seeding and health, them making it to the conference finals isn't outlandish.

But at the very least, Mavs get a shooter and a secondary ball handler.
KP makes 30+ million and can't stay on the floor.
Doubt the Mavs have any intention of keeping them anyways so boost their value & move em in the offeseason.
Way easier to trade 16 & 17 million than it is to trade 34 milli for a guy who can't stay healthy.
A few things for me here...

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL is right on the nose - this gives the Mavs considerably more financial flexibility.

KP came off the first truly healthy offseason of his career and has still missed 21 of the Mavs 55 games this year. That's COOKED COOKED.

Do I feel better about my chances of getting these two guys to play up to reasonably strong rotation player salaries than I do getting KP to meet what we'd need him to be to really move that money around?

I think resoundingly I'm more likely to take my shot at the former. And worst, worst case, I'm off half KP's money a year early.

The more I look at it - I get what they're trying to do.

I don't love it - but I think it's a short term push to get some good months out of guys and have more agility under the cap.

If it bombs, at a minimum they guarantee themselves like $20m's of KP's number off the books a year earlier than expected by cutting Dinwiddie next offseason.

It's not stupid. It's just a disappointment this is where it landed.
The ironic thing to me, is that in hindsight keeping Seth and Barnes would be nice right now. At least imo

Again, hindsight but I like Barnes fit with Luka assuming Barnes isn't chucking

The ironic thing to me, is that in hindsight keeping Seth and Barnes would be nice right now. At least imo

Again, hindsight but I like Barnes fit with Luka assuming Barnes isn't chucking
Barnes for sure ... I'm not a Seth guy for this team. Just don't see any path to competent defensive backcourt play with him and Luka.

The Nets are gonna end up in a close series with Kyrie home and their second option will be Seth Curry. It's time to send Kevin Durant back to the Warriors
I think vax mandates for athletes will prob be gone by the playoffs in NY.

How do you all seeing BKN's new big 3 getting along? Kyrie may wild out but he loves ball. Same goes for KD. Socialite Simmpsons not so much. Praying for a Nets Sizers playoff matchup this year,

As much as I hate on Morey I'm actually not mad at it. Will it be enough for chip probably not but depending what hardens tryna do it could be interesting

Barnes for sure ... I'm not a Seth guy for this team. Just don't see any path to competent defensive backcourt play with him and Luka.
Well, they're playing better defense with the same personnel. idk, he could play a hybrid starter role too, situational

Offensively that pair is Fuego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom