The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 of those players are HOFers in their generations though :lol: They would cook in any era
Of course, they would. That's why they're HoF'ers.

But look at the volume of 3's we're seeing in todays league. I didn't research this, but I'm guessing they probably attempted 2 or 4 3pta per game. In today's league , they would be taking closer to 7-8 3's/game. You don't think Ray Allen/Reggie Miller would've been explosive players today?

Similar logic is also applicable for Paul Pierce. He was heralded during his day, but playing high screen PnR, elevator screens and doors/motion offense would've been advantageous for PP. He also didn't have nearly the type of spacing most players have now. Modern day NBA caters to his game.

I think you get nearly the same statistical result. With less minutes played and more 3s shot. Paul was a 25/7/5 guy in his prime. Played around 38-40mpg.

Ray was shooting 7-8 threes per game from 01-07. Tmac too. They still shot more 3s than Kyrie :lol:

Don't think there's a better alternative.
that's fair. perhaps there is no better alternative though it seems like decision makers for this job tend to veer in one direction when looking at head coaching candidates like it's some club. basically what i'm saying is i don't care for the power structure in the nba and feel it's pre ordained or something. pop was like three years too late in being replaced

Is there a more successful modern coach than Kerr?
4 rings as a player, 3 as a coach, helped revolutionize NBA offense, he's a worthy heir

that's pretty generous. he's also been fortunate imo.
his best career decision was not coaching for the knicks, i guess

Is there a more successful modern coach than Kerr?
4 rings as a player, 3 as a coach, helped revolutionize NBA offense, he's a worthy heir

Normal folks would agree with you. But some guys here will debate, just for the sake of it. And say he was "lucky".

For the people who don't agree--Who's a better alternative?

They were plotting for this moment

I feel like they’re are doomed.

20210930_092234.jpg

Lakeshow knows what's up
smugdon.png

Last edited:
i dont think team u.s.a should be getting an NBA coach. Just get a guy who either coaches in college or does not currently have a job. The nba schedule is crazy . Would be better off if they just get a guy to focus solely on usab

that's fair. perhaps there is no better alternative though it seems like decision makers for this job tend to veer in one direction when looking at head coaching candidates like it's some club. basically what i'm saying is i don't care for the power structure in the nba and feel it's pre ordained or something. pop was like three years too late in being replaced

that's pretty generous. he's also been fortunate imo.
his best career decision was not coaching for the knicks, i guess
Normal folks would agree with you. But some guys here will debate, just for the sake of it. And say he was "lucky".

For the people who don't agree--Who's a better alternative?
Right time, right place. Blessed.

We saw what happened to Luke Walton when he tried to coach the Lakers after a "successful" stint with the Warriors. Disregarding, the previous foundation laid forth by Mark Jackson then Kerr, great drafting AND roster management, etc.

Some would say Phil Jackson was lucked into his two Bulls three peats. But he clearly, "lucked" into it again with the Lakers with yet another three peat (Del Harris, etc were the previous coaches who had Shaq, Kobe on their roster). Can we argue now if Phil is a great coach? Nah. President/General Manager...fo sure.

I'm sure Kerr is a good coach. Great? Who knows.

Just like I'm not sure about Steve Nash.

Right time, right place. Blessed.

We saw what happened to Luke Walton when he tried to coach the Lakers after a "successful" stint with the Warriors. Disregarding, the previous foundation laid forth by Mark Jackson then Kerr, great drafting AND roster management, etc.

Some would say Phil Jackson was lucked into his two Bulls three peats. But he clearly, "lucked" into it again with the Lakers with yet another three peat (Del Harris, etc were the previous coaches who had Shaq, Kobe on their roster). Can we argue now if Phil is a great coach? Nah. President/General Manager...fo sure.

I'm sure Kerr is a good coach. Great? Who knows.

Just like I'm not sure about Steve Nash.

You have to work with the talent you have and manage that same talent as well.

That function in the role of a head coach is severely undervalued, by most.

Bro. He had KD, Clay, Draymond, Steph, etc.

Even before KD went there. He had the "Lineup of Death!!" They have the winning-est season. And went to back=to-back finals.

I'll admit there was an art/skill in achieving that overwhelming offensive superiority. But the talent was there.

I'd just like to see if he can take the Warriors back to prominence. Or if he can go to a mediocre/average team and make repeat the same. I'm not sure how "good" of a coach he is. Same way I feel about Nash (okay with him moreso).

Bro. He had KD, Clay, Draymond, Steph, etc.

Even before KD went there. He had the "Lineup of Death!!" They have the winning-est season. And went to back=to-back finals.

I'll admit there was an art/skill in achieving that overwhelming offensive superiority. But the talent was there.

I'd just like to see if he can take the Warriors back to prominence. Or if he can go to a mediocre/average team and make repeat the same. I'm not sure how "good" of a coach he is. Same way I feel about Nash (okay with him moreso).
Almost reads exactly word for word what was said years about Phil Jackson :lol:

You obviously need talent but you can’t just roll the ball out & win titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom