The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Mitchell and Gobert making so much money, I don’t know how the Jazz get better
Well, they did get a lot better from where they were pre-Donovan and Gobert

They simply maxed out their potential, which was really good regular season team with either the best offense or defense

That's nothing to be ashamed of, there's just so much talent in the league. They've actually put together talented rosters over the years

I think they do need to think about this core and making moves if they flame out in the Playoffs

Jazz are a joke and you really don’t have a solid inconclusive reason to be keeping Russ out of games esp fourth quarters. If that’s the case then bron should have been benched the next game after he missed those much needed free throws.

Bron a joke too because he all smiles seeking out mfs to shake hands with after the game when he wins! :smh:

defense on the last play was fine. got the ball out of joker's hand and monte hit a tough shot.
giving up the lead was tough :smh:

No it was not.

Steph didn't follow Monte Morris across the court so that he could play linebacker on Jokic....forcing Otto Porter to choose between picking up Morris or leaving Gordon wide open at the rim. Otto showed on Monte and stayed w/ Gordon...and Jokic read it perfectly. Yeah they got it out of his hands...at the cost of leaving a WIDE open shooter in a 2 point game.

The smart play would have been for everyone to stay home. If Jokic scores on Looney...you live on to go to OT and play 5 more minutes. WTF was Steph going to do w/ Jokic at the rim? Why is he even down there? That was Russ-esque.

defense on the last play was fine. got the ball out of joker's hand and monte hit a tough shot.
giving up the lead was tough :smh:

That lead was whittling away lol. Up 8 and blew it. As a semi neutral observer….the Wiggins and Klay possessions took the steam out. Wiggins cost me some bread smh. 9 pts…piss poor.

Kerr not running any P&R or putting Steph in any on ball action when Boogie was out there, cost the dubs. A lot of head scratchers.

Jokic picking *****s apart. You legit can’t double him. Which makes it frustrating that Michael Malone dumb **** doesn’t run any split action…but finally started setting up shooters to Jokic pocket.

There is no reason for Austin Rivers to be playing basketball right now. I really don’t get it at this point. 5 point guards on the roster, and he always get burn :lol:.

With Mitchell and Gobert making so much money, I don’t know how the Jazz get better

They’re not supposed to get better. WCF is their ceiling. This really as good as it gets.

I mean, Utah turned a late lotto pick and a late first round pick into 2 all star/all nba players and perennial 50 win playoff team.

Idk what else people expect out of this team and roster.

They simply maxed out their potential, which was really good regular season team with either the best offense or defense

That's nothing to be ashamed of, there's just so much talent in the league. They've actually put together talented rosters over the years

I think they do need to think about this core and making moves if they flame out in the Playoffs
They’re definitely gonna have to re-evaluate the core of this team. Conley is 34 and Bojan/JC shouldn’t be your 2nd/3rd options.

They’re not supposed to get better. WCF is their ceiling. This really as good as it gets.

I mean, Utah turned a late lotto pick and a late first round pick into 2 all star/all nba players and perennial 50 win playoff team.

Idk what else people expect out of this team and roster.
I’m just curious on how they shake the team up because it’s gonna happen at some point. Just a matter of when. With the league being wide open, the goal has to be to win now.

jazz kinda went all in and their window closing fast
can't knock them for opening up the wallet and spending and surrounding mitchell and gobert

other teams have reloaded and caught up

People be talking about the Gobert/Mitchell Jazz like they’re the Stockton & Malone Jazz :lol:

**** be confusing as hell.

I’m just curious on how they shake the team up because it’s gonna happen at some point. Just a matter of when. With the league being wide open, the goal has to be to win now.

The league isn’t wide open. It’s a 3 team field. And whos healthy and gelling at the end will decide it.

Wiggins with 9 points in 36 minutes against an average defense

that man got moderna?? get him boosted asap

Mike Conley gets paid 30 mil to be a 15 & 5 guy that plays 50 games a year…

Rudy an easy target :smh:

DPOYs and boards are great but for that money I need more than 2-3 for 5 points

edit: especially with AD out and Vogel hating on Dwight, should've gotten way more shots. just looking at his game log he's been averaging 15+ lately

Yeah at this point it's kinda like the toothpaste is outta the tube, can't put it back in to make more moves

They shot their bullets with Conley, Clarkson, Bojan, Royce and Ingles too. All of those guys have had really good moments in Utah

Honestly, that's about as good as you're gonna do with 2 homegrown max players

Again, it just didn't (hasn't) work(ed) out (yet), they tried. The team changed their entire identity from defense to offense which is crazy in itself

If they can't get to a WCF with this roster the window prob closed. We'll see what they do in the Playoffs

For the sake of the Western conference, I hope Utah chooses to keep Gobert over Mitchell when the time comes. Send Mitch to the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom