The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t make any real money in New Orleans if every number one pick you draft wants out.

That may not be on the owners. That might be just be on the market. Maybe the owners have done all they can.

New Orleans just doesn’t care enough. It’s not sustainable. Time to move on.
NO is so much people's favorite city I don't know if it's the market that's the issue.

Bad teams aren’t able to attract free agents. That’s always been the case. Pelicans got lucky twice in a decade and are about to make nothing of it.

Zion has an idgaf attitude. Which is good and bad at his age. Being injured all the time takes a toll on you mentally too, so I’m sure he’s like **** this place. Im pretty sure he played his last game as a Pelican, he just doesn’t want to be there.

I'm cool with Ja and Memphis. Whatever works
ehh3 (2).png

Bad teams aren’t able to attract free agents. That’s always been the case. Pelicans got lucky twice in a decade and are about to make nothing of it.

Zion has an idgaf attitude. Which is good and bad at his age. Being injured all the time takes a toll on you mentally too, so I’m sure he’s like **** this place. Im pretty sure he played his last game as a Pelican, he just doesn’t want to be there.

We've heard these stories going back to his rookie year though. Sure the injuries haven't helped but when you ain't invested to be in a place you're not exactly incentivized to do what it takes to get back on the floor. He's not being a professional. Ben's shenanigans already going to cause a ripple effect. Zion forcing his way out of NO is going to be a tidal wave.

I'm genuinely curious if Adam Silver can be that bad guy on behalf of the owners. It be like seeing Chris Evans playing a big bad after all these years as Captain America.

Save it you Iron Man homers.

In a 2007 New York Times article, this quote from Tellem surfaced about Kobe in Charlotte:

And the Hornets were not the only team Kobe was never going to play for.
Just to add to this

"We were ready to take Kobe," said Joe Taub, one of the Nets' primary owners then. "But then a lot of things happened with management and the agent and things changed that [draft] night."

"Arn was a friend of mine as well. We had a little bit of a falling out for a period of time after that because he and Kobe kind of misrepresented what was going on. But they did what they had to do. They bluffed and won. It was all a bluff."Former Nets GM John Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom