The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like y’all kinda locked in at 7th but let my potential jinx do your pups a good deed

Yep. Been feeling the same once the AS break approached. I was holding out hope they'd get to 6 to avoid the play-in and mostly to avoid GS and Phoenix. But it's progress, I guess. :lol:

They have a potential 5-gamer against subpar teams coming up...need to split vs CLE and GSW, go 5-0, then steal a few more. Otherwise, it's play-in.

Yep. Been feeling the same once the AS break approached. I was holding out hope they'd get to 6 to avoid the play-in and mostly to avoid GS and Phoenix. But it's progress, I guess. :lol:

They have a potential 5-gamer against subpar teams coming up...need to split vs CLE and GSW, go 5-0, then steal a few more. Otherwise, it's play-in.
Definitely progress. This is where the Grizz were last year
1646030021387.png

He had no say in this roster, but he hasn't maximized it either. Great defensive coach when he has the personnel, but the half court offense has been mediocre to bad his entire time in LA, slow adjustments and iffy rotations.

He's a good coach, hope he bounced back when he inevitably gets fired.
i agree with you for the most part. but, what is there to maximize? lebron isn't able to carry the team like he was in 2010 etc. AD is always in and out of the lineup and westbrook just isn't a good fit. lakers brass and lebron made the decision to sacrifice their defensive identity for a 3rd star, not vogel.

melo/westbrook/lebron/AD and co. should've been good enough to score consistently without having an offensive guru as a coach to make it work.

imo

Last edited:
i agree with you for the most part. but, what is there to maximize? lebron isn't able to carry the team like he was in 2010 etc. AD is always in and out of the lineup and westbrook just isn't a good fit. lakers brass and lebron made the decision to sacrifice their defensive identity for a 3rd star.

melo/westbrook/lebron/AD and co. should've been good enough to score consistently without having an offensive guru as a coach to make it work.

imo
He got tuned out a while back and is in getting fired rumors every week

He may have weird lineups but it’s nothing close to deserving to get canned

Lakers getting smacked and suns losing help me hurt less that the warriors **** the bed. That really hurt. But the Lakers getting punched in the temple for 2 and a half hours by an 11th place team and Russ and Bron getting booed in LA, was marvelous.

He had no say in this roster, but he hasn't maximized it either. Great defensive coach when he has the personnel, but the half court offense has been mediocre to bad his entire time in LA, slow adjustments and iffy rotations.

He's a good coach, hope he bounced back when he inevitably gets fired.
I don't understand how we blame the coach for ****** players and team effort. Sure he draws up the X's and O's, but the players gotta execute them. Players don't execute, y'all blame the coach. Now their is more to it, like, motivation, I know, but at the end of the day, at least IMO, the players suit up, the players are on the court, and the players have the ball in there hand, not the coach. Who was the player that said I don't need a coach to motivate me, I motivate myself, or something to that nature? Players need to think like that. If a big misses a board, a guard continuously turns it over, or the teammates ****s up the defensive switch rotation, **** an X or O, that's not a coach problem, that's called zero effort from a player. These guys get paid way to much, spent way to much time in the gym, to be ******* up like this. More importantly the dumbass front office that though this squad would work is not a coach issue.

This blame Vogel **** gotta stop. **** the roster. Everbody said in the summer, Westbrook aint gonna work with this squad. Front office still brought him, but blame Vogel. AD been soft, BEEN SOFT and is injury prone, but let's blame Vogel. Nunn aint even played yet, but lets blame Vogel. THT is having a horrible season, trade value worse than the Russian Rouble, blame Vogel. Melo taking horrible shots, blame Vogel. Staples is gone, now it's Crypto Arena, blame Vogel. Anything goes wrong, blame Vogel. Vogel was dealt this card and has done the best he can with a bunch of old heads and low level team IQ, he's a coach, not a magician. It sucks that he will be the scapegoat.

That's true, but meh...already 7 years in with KAT. The perpetuity of suck this franchise is embroiled in is ridiculous. I'm just happy they're involved this season, which is pathetic too. :lol:
Naw man that ain't pathetic. Let the M's host a wildcard (with expanded playoffs) I'm throwing a parade. **** that :lol:

Just wait till Ant makes the next step. It'll all be worth it mjlit2 (3).png

Does Lebron hold a player option for next season? He had mentioned Cleveland - they have decent young players that are motivated. Maybe take a lower contract but earn more via endorsements.

That is unless he decides to go full Hollywood - he's off to an interesting start:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
does Cleveland want trouble like Lebron?

i agree with you for the most part. but, what is there to maximize? lebron isn't able to carry the team like he was in 2010 etc. AD is always in and out of the lineup and westbrook just isn't a good fit. lakers brass and lebron made the decision to sacrifice their defensive identity for a 3rd star, not vogel.

imo
this Laker Team of Lebron Russ, Melo, Jordan, Dwight, Davis makes the 2013 Lakers of Kobe, Howard, Pau, Artest and Nash a championship Team. and we thought that 2013 Team was bad enough, Lebron made it even worse than that involving players, coaches and management.

I don't understand how we blame the coach for ****ty players and team effort. Sure he draws up the X's and O's, but the players gotta execute them. Players don't execute, y'all blame the coach. Now their is more to it, like, motivation, I know, but at the end of the day, at least IMO, the players suit up, the players are on the court, and the players have the ball in there hand, not the coach. Who was the player that said I don't need a coach to motivate me, I motivate myself, or something to that nature? Players need to think like that. If a big misses a board, a guard continuously turns it over, or the teammates ****s up the defensive switch rotation, **** an X or O, that's not a coach problem, that's called zero effort from a player. These guys get paid way to much, spent way to much time in the gym, to be ****ing up like this. More importantly the dumbass front office that though this squad would work is not a coach issue.

This blame Vogel **** gotta stop. **** the roster. Everbody said in the summer, Westbrook aint gonna work with this squad. Front office still brought him, but blame Vogel. AD been soft, BEEN SOFT and is injury prone, but let's blame Vogel. Nunn aint even played yet, but lets blame Vogel. THT is having a horrible season, trade value worse than the Russian Rouble, blame Vogel. Melo taking horrible shots, blame Vogel. Staples is gone, now it's Crypto Arena, blame Vogel. Anything goes wrong, blame Vogel. Vogel was dealt this card and has done the best he can with a bunch of old heads and low level team IQ, he's a coach, not a magician. It sucks that he will be the scapegoat.
yeah, it should be "BLAME LEBRON".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom